Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    PurplePride80 is offline Star Spokesman

Re: Top 5: Defensive tackles

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "TimmyT" wrote:
    Good list, Rod.

Nice to see he included someone like Dockett who often gets overlooked just because he isn't a big name.

I love Kevin Williams, but Haynesworth is the best.

Kevin Williams versus the 100 Million Dollar Man

Career Games
    KW - 94 (6 years) *Started all 16 games 5/6 years
    AH - 90 (7 years) *Never started 16 in a Season

Career Tackles
    KW - 297 (221 solo)
    AH - 271 (199 solo)

Career Sacks
    KW - 42.5
    AH - 24

Career Forced Fumbles
    KW - 4
    AH - 6

Career Pass Deflections
    KW - 33
    AH - 18

Career INTs
    KW - 4 (including 2 TDs)
    AH - 0

Contract
    KW - 5 years - 33.5 million
    AH - 7 years - 100 million

Head Stomps
    KW - 0
    AH - 1

Kevin Williams is by far the superior tackle. Its not even close. He also plays EVERY SNAP, EVERY GAME! Haynesworth is a bum. Don't expect him to play for the next 6 years.
    :P
    Not sure why you'd list career stats, this list is about who the 5 best defensive tackles are right now.

I realize that Haynesworth has struggled to stay healthy, but I still think he's the best defensive tackle in the NFL. He's more disruptive.

Also, you root for the Vikings, so do really think I'd expect you to pick anyone other than Kevin Williams?
    In the P.J.'s, my blend tape plays, bullets are strays
    Young bitches is grazed
    Each block, is like a maze, full of black rats trapped
    Plus the Island is packed
    From what I hear in all the stories when my peoples come back, black

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"TimmyT" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "TimmyT" wrote:
    Good list, Rod.

Nice to see he included someone like Dockett who often gets overlooked just because he isn't a big name.

Career Games

Career Tackles
    KW - 297 (221 solo)
    AH - 271 (199 solo)

Career Sacks
    KW - 42.5
    AH - 24

Career Forced Fumbles
    KW - 4
    AH - 6

Career Pass Deflections
    KW - 33
    AH - 18

Career INTs
    KW - 4 (including 2 TDs)
    AH - 0

Contract

Head Stomps
    KW - 0
    AH - 1

Kevin Williams is by far the superior tackle. Its not even close. He also plays EVERY SNAP, EVERY GAME! Haynesworth is a bum. Don't expect him to play for the next 6 years.
    Not sure why you'd list career stats, this list is about who the 5 best defensive tackles are right now.

I realize that Haynesworth has struggled to stay healthy, but I still think he's the best defensive tackle in the NFL. He's more disruptive.

Also, you root for the Vikings, so do really think I'd expect you to pick anyone other than Kevin Williams?
    Williams: 60 tackles, 8.5 sacks, 4 PD
    Haynesworth: 51 tackles, 8.5 sacks, 2 PD (granted thats in 14 games)

but it was only two season ago, KW had 2 int's returned for TD's, and two in his first two seasons.
    AH has yet to record an interception, or even more than 10 sacks on a season.

When you bring up interceptions while discussing defensive tackles, that's how I KNOW you're reachin' lol.

Accumulating a large number of sacks isn't what most defensive tackles do (just look around the NFL). It's about disrupting the interior of the offensive line and making things easier on the other 2 or 3 guys you line up beside. Haynesworth is the best at doing that.

I just don't understand why people can't refrain from being bias when discussing sports, lol.

Young bitches is grazed

jessejames09 is offline Ring of Fame

"TimmyT" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "TimmyT" wrote:
    Good list, Rod.

Career Games

Career Tackles
    KW - 297 (221 solo)
    AH - 271 (199 solo)

Career Sacks
    KW - 42.5
    AH - 24

Career Forced Fumbles
    KW - 4
    AH - 6

Career Pass Deflections
    KW - 33
    AH - 18

Career INTs
    KW - 4 (including 2 TDs)
    AH - 0

Contract

Head Stomps
    KW - 0
    AH - 1

Watch the video, he cites Haynesworth inability to stay on the field as one of the reasons why he's #2. The list is best DT's in the league, not the best last year...

Blog Entries

"TimmyT" wrote:
    When you bring up interceptions while discussing defensive tackles, that's how I KNOW you're reachin' lol.

Accumulating a large number of sacks isn't what most defensive tackles do (just look around the NFL). It's about disrupting the interior of the offensive line and making things easier on the other 2 or 3 guys you line up beside. Haynesworth is the best at doing that.

I just don't understand why people can't refrain from being bias when discussing sports, lol.

So being a playmaker is a reach?
    KW can return fumbles and interceptions the distance, AH can not.
    Call it luck if you will, but if thats the case, he's extremely lucky he got two picks fall in his lap two seasons ago.
    its more skill to get your hands up and knock a ball down, catching it is another thing.
    KW is a freak, for his size he's extremely athletic.
    Same can't be said for AH.
    KW wins in every statistical category.
    Are we not allowed to think that one of our own players is perhaps the best in the league?

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"TimmyT" wrote:

What evidence do you have that Haynesworth is better than KWill?
    Other people are providing stats - you are not.
    All you're doing is saying "I'm right and anyone who says KWill is better is just a homer."

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

"Zeus" wrote:
    "TimmyT" wrote:

All you're doing is saying "I'm right and anyone who says KWill is better is just a homer."

=Z=
    My evidence is my own 2 perfectly working eyes, lol. Stats don't tell the whole story. I don't know why so many people think Haynesworth just came out of the blue. Yes, his last 3 seasons have been his best(he emerged- broke out), but even before that he was a good player- just didn't get the recognition.

Put it this way, if you were to ask NFL fans that DON'T root for the Vikings or Redskins who the best defensive tackle in the NFL is, most of them will say Albert Haynesworth.

Young bitches is grazed

Blog Entries

"TimmyT" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "TimmyT" wrote:

=Z=
    My evidence is my own 2 perfectly working eyes, lol. Stats don't tell the whole story. I don't know why so many people think Haynesworth just came out of the blue. Yes, his last 3 seasons have been his best(he emerged- broke out), but even before that he was a good player- just didn't get the recognition.

Put it this way, if you were to ask NFL fans that DON'T root for the Vikings or Redskins who the best defensive tackle in the NFL is, most of them will say Albert Haynesworth.

probably becasue he was on the Titans, who have been a very visible team in the last few seasons.
    Vikings, not so much.
    Ask some bears, packers and lions fans, who won't have a biased hate towards the Vikings, who the best DT is. A good nubmer will probably tell you KW.
    Reason?
    They actually pay some attention to the Vikings since they're division rivals.
    AFC fans, or fans outside of the division probably don't pay attention to KW, and they look at the stat sheet and don't see 12+ sacks, so don't care.

Tad7 is offline Team Alumni

"TimmyT" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "TimmyT" wrote:

=Z=

That's definitely true...

who would you rather have on our team?
    Skol Vikings! Go Cubs!

X MARKS THE SPOT

Blog Entries

"Tad7" wrote:
    "TimmyT" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "TimmyT" wrote:

=Z=

That's definitely true...

who would you rather have on our team?
    KW with AH beside him, but thats not an option.
    If I were given the choice of KW or AH, i'd pick KW.
    AH hasn't produced more, even in KW's "slump" he's producing better than AH, not to mention, KW gives the added bonus of getting defensive TD's, AH has yet to do that.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast