Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

Re: top 5 corners in the league

"C" wrote:
    "aceclown" wrote:
    "ItalianStallion" wrote:
    Champ Bailey
    Asante Samuel
    Deangelo Hall (when he's not getting 15 yards penalties)
    Antonio Cromartie
    Marcus Trufant

+1
    I think Z has copyright laws on that.
    Not at all - anyone should feel free to use it as a method for indicating agreement with a previous post, as well as indicating an increase in your post-whore count.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

funkyasflea is offline Pro-Bowler

"Zeus" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "aceclown" wrote:
    "ItalianStallion" wrote:
    Champ Bailey
    Asante Samuel
    Deangelo Hall (when he's not getting 15 yards penalties)
    Antonio Cromartie
    Marcus Trufant

+1
    I think Z has copyright laws on that.
    Not at all - anyone should feel free to use it as a method for indicating agreement with a previous post, as well as indicating an increase in your post-whore count.

=Z=
    +1

davike is offline Team Alumni

"Marrdro" wrote:
    Champ Bailey
    Asante Samuel
    Deangelo Hall
    Antonio Cromartie
    Marcus Trufant

I would put Hall ahead of Bailey and Samuel if he wasn't such a head case of course, Asante is a bit of a challenge as well, but I would take anyone one of these five.

;D

;D

I gotta call you out on this one Marr, there is no way Hall is better then Bailey. Not only is Bailey better on the field he is better off the field as well. You were dissing on Hall earlier this year because he was demanding either a trade or some serious action. And last year Hall got smoked by TO if I remember correctly......TO spit in Halls face, literally.

Bailey is great in run support and in coverage. He isn't passed at much and yet he still manages to grab plenty of picks. He is simply the most outstanding corner in the game right now. There is not one corner in the league who has managed to be as consistently dominating during his career as Bailey.

There is no way Hall is better then Bailey at this point. Bailey has been way to much of a shut down corner to not be the best in the leauge right now. Hall has been pretty good for the first 5 years of his career....but he still isn't in Baileys league yet. I would rather have our WRs face Hall over Bailey anytime.

I would almost prefer Samuel over Hall.

Thanks Josdin00 for the sig!

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

This is for those of you who make jabs at Winfield's covering skills.
    Here i have taken the relevant stats of the elite corners in the league over the past 3 years.

The first number is the actual number, the 1st bracketed number is the average per game and the ranking is the ranking of these 6 players

Winfield
    games 42 Tackle 262(6.23/game)(1st)
    pdefl 23 (.5476)(6th)
    int 9(.21428)(4th)

DeAngelo Hall
    games 47 Tackle 193(4.1)(4th)
    pdefl 32(0.68)(5th)
    int 15(0.31)(3rd)

Chris McAlister
    games 38 Tackle 114(3)(6th) pdefl 37(0.973)(2nd) int 8 (0.2105)(5th)

Asante Samuel
    games 46 Tackle 162(3.52)(5th) pdefl 45(0.9782)(1st)
    int 19(0.413)(2nd)

Champ Bailey
    games 45 Tackle 233(5.17777)(2nd) pdefl 40(0.8888)(3rd)
    int 21(.4666)(1st)

Marcus Trufant
    games 46 Tackle 215(4.67)(3rd) pdefl 38(0.826)(4th)
    int 9(0.1956)(6th)

As you can see, Winfield is obviously the best tackler, his interception average is respectable, ranking up there with the best.
    His pass deflect average leaves a little to be desired, but that also has alot to do with our style of defense.

just to add to winfield's great tackling numbers, he missed 6 consecutive games.
    If he kept up his average of 6.23 tackles a game, that would have given him 299 tackles in 3 years, which is incredible for a corner.

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

"davike" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    Champ Bailey
    Asante Samuel
    Deangelo Hall
    Antonio Cromartie
    Marcus Trufant

I would put Hall ahead of Bailey and Samuel if he wasn't such a head case of course, Asante is a bit of a challenge as well, but I would take anyone one of these five.

;D

;D

I gotta call you out on this one Marr, there is no way Hall is better then Bailey. Not only is Bailey better on the field he is better off the field as well. You were dissing on Hall earlier this year because he was demanding either a trade or some serious action. And last year Hall got smoked by TO if I remember correctly......TO spit in Halls face, literally.

Bailey is great in run support and in coverage. He isn't passed at much and yet he still manages to grab plenty of picks. He is simply the most outstanding corner in the game right now. There is not one corner in the league who has managed to be as consistently dominating during his career as Bailey.

There is no way Hall is better then Bailey at this point. Bailey has been way to much of a shut down corner to not be the best in the leauge right now. Hall has been pretty good for the first 5 years of his career....but he still isn't in Baileys league yet. I would rather have our WRs face Hall over Bailey anytime.

I should probably let Marrdro handle this but...
    It looks like Marrdro order is the same as yours, he's got Bailey at the top followed by Samuel and then Hall. Am I missing something?

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

"bleedpurple" wrote:
    1. Champ Bailey
    2. Rashean mathis
    3. Chris McAlister
    4. DeAngelo Hall
    5. Terrance Newman

Honorable Mention
    Al Harris, Charles Woodson, Nathan Vasher, Lito Shepperd, Asante Samuel and Leigh Bodden

Very nice I new I was forgetting somebody and that was Rashean Mathis he is very good corner.

But how you have Hall and Newman rated as top 5 CB's and no mention of Winfield is beyong me.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Terrence Newman is the definition of overrated.
    Even ask some cowgirls fans and they will tell you that Newman isn't all that great.

"jmcdon00" wrote:
    "davike" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    Champ Bailey
    Asante Samuel
    Deangelo Hall
    Antonio Cromartie
    Marcus Trufant

;D

;D

I should probably let Marrdro handle this but...
    It looks like Marrdro order is the same as yours, he's got Bailey at the top followed by Samuel and then Hall. Am I missing something?
    The area I bolded

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    This is for those of you who make jabs at Winfield's covering skills.
    Here i have taken the relevant stats of the elite corners in the league over the past 3 years.

The first number is the actual number, the 1st bracketed number is the average per game and the ranking is the ranking of these 6 players

Winfield
    games 42 Tackle 262(6.23/game)(1st)

pdefl 23 (.5476)(6th)

int 9(.21428)(4th)

DeAngelo Hall
    games 47 Tackle 193(4.1)(4th)
    pdefl 32(0.68)(5th)
    int 15(0.31)(3rd)

Chris McAlister
    games 38 Tackle 114(3)(6th) pdefl 37(0.973)(2nd) int 8 (0.2105)(5th)

Asante Samuel
    games 46 Tackle 162(3.52)(5th) pdefl 45(0.9782)(1st)
    int 19(0.413)(2nd)

Champ Bailey
    games 45 Tackle 233(5.17777)(2nd) pdefl 40(0.8888)(3rd)
    int 21(.4666)(1st)

Marcus Trufant
    games 46 Tackle 215(4.67)(3rd) pdefl 38(0.826)(4th)

int 9(0.1956)(6th)

As you can see, Winfield is obviously the best tackler, his interception average is respectable, ranking up there with the best.
    His pass deflect average leaves a little to be desired, but that also has alot to do with our style of defense.

just to add to winfield's great tackling numbers, he missed 6 consecutive games.
    If he kept up his average of 6.23 tackles a game, that would have given him 299 tackles in 3 years, which is incredible for a corner.
    Great post I_B_P! I agree I think Winfield is one of the leagues most underrated players. And it has been said before that he might be the best pure tackler in the NFL.

pk3100 is offline Waterboy

CB asomogha .....

this is sort of in a way response to the top 5 corners in the league thread. now i have a friend who is a vikings fan (im a raiders fan) and we constantly argue about how good of a football player namdi asomogha is. He belives that he
    is completely terrible and even says your own cedric griffin is better than him. Now im not here to really compare players but i just want to know your guys opinion on him. i honestly believe he is easily one of the top SHUTDOWN corners in the league. anybody whos playing MAN coverage 90% of the time (as the raiders do) and only gets 22 passes thrown at him all year has got to be great. so what do yall think????

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast