Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 17 of 17
  1. #11
    Mr Anderson's Avatar
    Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    7,692

    Re: Top 5: Cornerbacks

    "thatjusthappened28" wrote:
    "Mr" wrote:
    "thatjusthappened28" wrote:
    Top 10 Corners (Because 5 is too hard for me)
    1. Nmandi Asohugha
    2. Asante Samuel
    3. Charles Woodson
    4. Darrelle Revis
    5. Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie
    6. Champ Bailey
    7. Antoine Winfield
    8. Terrance Newman
    9. Antonio Cromartie
    10. Bryant McFadden


    Top 5 Safeties
    1. Ed Reed
    2. Troy Polamalu
    3. Bob Sanders
    4. Nick Collins
    5. Eugene Wilson
    I disagree with everything above your top 2 safeties.

    1) Reed
    2) Polamalu
    3) Adrian Wilson
    4) Kerry Rhodes
    5) Could be a bunch of guys, I can't make up my mind.
    my bad i meant adrian wilson not eugene wilson haha idk what i was thinking. you really don't think bob sanders and nick collins are worth of top 5? you agree with 3 of my 5. Bob Sanders when healthy was defensive player of the year.
    I think he's extremely over rated. He's not that good in coverage, but racks up tackles because he plays pretty close to the LOS and the Colts front 7 is pretty bad against the run. He's one of my guys, along with Collins that I can't decide on at #5.

  2. #12
    BleedinPandG is offline Coach
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    969

    Re: Top 5: Cornerbacks

    "skum" wrote:
    Good list, before i saw the vid i made the list of Nmandi, Champ, Asante, Newman, Woodson so i got 4/5..

    Surprised Woodson isnt on the list but not surprised Winfield is being left out, he is good but just needs a bit more.

    However Revis is an absolute baller, i forgot about him, might be because he is so young but i agree - he is an amazing ballplayer.
    Winfield simply isn't a shut down corner, he doesn't play the position at the level of an elite cornerback who can potentially eliminate an opposing team's number 1 receiver.
    Winfield is a great Cover 2 CB, play his area, tackle anything that dares catch a ball in front of him.
    Unfortunately, he sees a LOT of balls caught in front of him.
    The true measure of a man is what he'd do knowing he'd never be found out.

  3. #13
    V4L's Avatar
    V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    20,612

    Re: Top 5: Cornerbacks

    "BleedinPandG" wrote:
    "skum" wrote:
    Good list, before i saw the vid i made the list of Nmandi, Champ, Asante, Newman, Woodson so i got 4/5..

    Surprised Woodson isnt on the list but not surprised Winfield is being left out, he is good but just needs a bit more.

    However Revis is an absolute baller, i forgot about him, might be because he is so young but i agree - he is an amazing ballplayer.
    Winfield simply isn't a shut down corner, he doesn't play the position at the level of an elite cornerback who can potentially eliminate an opposing team's number 1 receiver.
    Winfield is a great Cover 2 CB, play his area, tackle anything that dares catch a ball in front of him.
    Unfortunately, he sees a LOT of balls caught in front of him.

    +1

    He is in the perfect system for him

  4. #14
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re: Top 5: Cornerbacks

    "BleedinPandG" wrote:
    "skum" wrote:
    Good list, before i saw the vid i made the list of Nmandi, Champ, Asante, Newman, Woodson so i got 4/5..

    Surprised Woodson isnt on the list but not surprised Winfield is being left out, he is good but just needs a bit more.

    However Revis is an absolute baller, i forgot about him, might be because he is so young but i agree - he is an amazing ballplayer.
    Winfield simply isn't a shut down corner, he doesn't play the position at the level of an elite cornerback who can potentially eliminate an opposing team's number 1 receiver.
    Winfield is a great Cover 2 CB, play his area, tackle anything that dares catch a ball in front of him.
    Unfortunately, he sees a LOT of balls caught in front of him.
    And, then, how many of those balls caught in front of him does the runner get 0 YAC?
    4th down, punt.

    I'll take the sure tackler 99% of the time over the gambler who gets burned.

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

  5. #15
    V4L's Avatar
    V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    20,612

    Re: Top 5: Cornerbacks

    "Zeus" wrote:
    "BleedinPandG" wrote:
    "skum" wrote:
    Good list, before i saw the vid i made the list of Nmandi, Champ, Asante, Newman, Woodson so i got 4/5..

    Surprised Woodson isnt on the list but not surprised Winfield is being left out, he is good but just needs a bit more.

    However Revis is an absolute baller, i forgot about him, might be because he is so young but i agree - he is an amazing ballplayer.
    Winfield simply isn't a shut down corner, he doesn't play the position at the level of an elite cornerback who can potentially eliminate an opposing team's number 1 receiver.
    Winfield is a great Cover 2 CB, play his area, tackle anything that dares catch a ball in front of him.
    Unfortunately, he sees a LOT of balls caught in front of him.
    And, then, how many of those balls caught in front of him does the runner get 0 YAC?
    4th down, punt.

    I'll take the sure tackler 99% of the time over the gambler who gets burned.

    =Z=

    See with that list though they rarely get burned

    Winny doesn't even man up the best WR on the opponents team

    Also many of those corners up there are very good tacklers

  6. #16
    nephilimstorm's Avatar
    nephilimstorm is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,184

    Re: Top 5: Cornerbacks

    I love Winfield in Run support, freaking awesome, and he'll hit you in the chops pretty damn hard.

  7. #17
    V4L's Avatar
    V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    20,612

    Re: Top 5: Cornerbacks

    I have no issue with Winny not being on the list.. I don't know if he is a top 5

    Personally I feel he is a gamechanger.. Good blitzer.. Decent coverage.. Amazing tackler

    But if you look at Cedric on the other side he really isn't far off

    I prefer a corner who can get you that game winning INT


Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. Vikings Need Cornerbacks In 2010
    By HEY in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 03-24-2010, 02:09 PM
  2. NFC rankings: cornerbacks (AFC Article Included)
    By Marrdro in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 05-16-2008, 02:07 AM
  3. Samuel to set the bar for cornerbacks
    By Prophet in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 02-12-2008, 03:49 PM
  4. Cornerbacks and Smoot
    By COJOMAY in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 03-02-2006, 03:23 AM
  5. Cornerbacks?
    By radthad in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-09-2003, 02:34 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •