Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Top 5: Cornerbacks

"thatjusthappened28" wrote:
    "Mr" wrote:
    "thatjusthappened28" wrote:
    Top 10 Corners (Because 5 is too hard for me)
    1. Nmandi Asohugha
    2. Asante Samuel
    3. Charles Woodson
    4. Darrelle Revis
    5. Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie
    6. Champ Bailey
    7. Antoine Winfield
    8. Terrance Newman
    9. Antonio Cromartie
    10. Bryant McFadden

Top 5 Safeties
    1. Ed Reed
    2. Troy Polamalu
    3. Bob Sanders
    4. Nick Collins
    5. Eugene Wilson
    I disagree with everything above your top 2 safeties.

1) Reed
    2) Polamalu
    3) Adrian Wilson
    4) Kerry Rhodes
    5) Could be a bunch of guys, I can't make up my mind.
    my bad i meant adrian wilson not eugene wilson haha idk what i was thinking. you really don't think bob sanders and nick collins are worth of top 5? you agree with 3 of my 5. Bob Sanders when healthy was defensive player of the year.
    I think he's extremely over rated. He's not that good in coverage, but racks up tackles because he plays pretty close to the LOS and the Colts front 7 is pretty bad against the run. He's one of my guys, along with Collins that I can't decide on at #5.

BleedinPandG is offline Coach

"skum" wrote:
    Good list, before i saw the vid i made the list of Nmandi, Champ, Asante, Newman, Woodson so i got 4/5..

Surprised Woodson isnt on the list but not surprised Winfield is being left out, he is good but just needs a bit more.

However Revis is an absolute baller, i forgot about him, might be because he is so young but i agree - he is an amazing ballplayer.
    Winfield simply isn't a shut down corner, he doesn't play the position at the level of an elite cornerback who can potentially eliminate an opposing team's number 1 receiver.
    Winfield is a great Cover 2 CB, play his area, tackle anything that dares catch a ball in front of him.
    Unfortunately, he sees a LOT of balls caught in front of him.
    The true measure of a man is what he'd do knowing he'd never be found out.

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

"BleedinPandG" wrote:
    "skum" wrote:
    Good list, before i saw the vid i made the list of Nmandi, Champ, Asante, Newman, Woodson so i got 4/5..

Surprised Woodson isnt on the list but not surprised Winfield is being left out, he is good but just needs a bit more.

However Revis is an absolute baller, i forgot about him, might be because he is so young but i agree - he is an amazing ballplayer.
    Winfield simply isn't a shut down corner, he doesn't play the position at the level of an elite cornerback who can potentially eliminate an opposing team's number 1 receiver.
    Winfield is a great Cover 2 CB, play his area, tackle anything that dares catch a ball in front of him.

+1

He is in the perfect system for him

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"BleedinPandG" wrote:
    "skum" wrote:

And, then, how many of those balls caught in front of him does the runner get 0 YAC?
    4th down, punt.

I'll take the sure tackler 99% of the time over the gambler who gets burned.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

V4L

"Zeus" wrote:
    "BleedinPandG" wrote:
    "skum" wrote:

And, then, how many of those balls caught in front of him does the runner get 0 YAC?
    4th down, punt.

I'll take the sure tackler 99% of the time over the gambler who gets burned.

=Z=

See with that list though they rarely get burned

Winny doesn't even man up the best WR on the opponents team

Also many of those corners up there are very good tacklers

nephilimstorm is offline Star Spokesman

I love Winfield in Run support, freaking awesome, and he'll hit you in the chops pretty damn hard.

V4L

I have no issue with Winny not being on the list.. I don't know if he is a top 5

Personally I feel he is a gamechanger.. Good blitzer.. Decent coverage.. Amazing tackler

But if you look at Cedric on the other side he really isn't far off

I prefer a corner who can get you that game winning INT

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12