Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

The Top 10 Unbreakable NFL Records

[size=12pt]The Top 10 Unbreakable NFL Records[/size]

Top 5 Honorable Mentions

01. Favre’s 239 consecutive game streak – Couple reasons I didn’t list this streak.
    1) Jim Marshall actually holds the record for consecutive starts by an NFL non-punter or kicker at 270 consecutive games.
    2) Favre’s streak is still active.
    3) Peyton Manning has put himself in position to have a chance to break the streak.
    If Manning misses a game, this streak moves on to the list and would be as unbreakable as any record in professional sports.
    When you consider that for the first 200 games of Favre’s streak, 178 different QBs started an NFL game, it is truly one of the major accomplishments in professional sports.
    Once Favre has retired, we will see how Peyton Manning fairs in the chase for Favre’s records.
    This will be the toughest of them all to beat.
    Once we see where Manning ends up, it will be easier to evaluate not only this record, but most of the major passing records in the NFL.
    The fact Peyton Manning has positioned himself to break these records limits the staying power and is the sole reason this streak and the major career passing records were not on my top 10 list.
    Always thought Marshall should get more accolades for that.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Re: The Top 10 Unbreakable NFL Records

"Prophet" wrote:
    [size=12pt]The Top 10 Unbreakable NFL Records[/size]

Top 5 Honorable Mentions

01. Favre’s 239 consecutive game streak – Couple reasons I didn’t list this streak.
    1) Jim Marshall actually holds the record for consecutive starts by an NFL non-punter or kicker at 270 consecutive games.
    2) Favre’s streak is still active.
    3) Peyton Manning has put himself in position to have a chance to break the streak.
    If Manning misses a game, this streak moves on to the list and would be as unbreakable as any record in professional sports.
    When you consider that for the first 200 games of Favre’s streak, 178 different QBs started an NFL game, it is truly one of the major accomplishments in professional sports.
    Once Favre has retired, we will see how Peyton Manning fairs in the chase for Favre’s records.
    This will be the toughest of them all to beat.
    Once we see where Manning ends up, it will be easier to evaluate not only this record, but most of the major passing records in the NFL.
    The fact Peyton Manning has positioned himself to break these records limits the staying power and is the sole reason this streak and the major career passing records were not on my top 10 list.
    Always thought Marshall should get more accolades for that.

So do I. Although Favre is chasing the record, I still recall when he was injured, they stuck him in for 1 series, just to keep that streak alive, then jerked him.

I doubt they did that for Marshall & he was a defensive lineman taking hits on every single down. Can't say that about Favre or the kicker.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"