Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Top 10 rookies who should have an impact in 2009

I actually don't like that list at all. Needs more Sanchez.

Ayes is good, but the broncos are still terrible. Smith plays on a really bad team, but could be as good as Thomas was a few years ago, Orakpo is a sick beast of a man and I wish him success. But when Fatsworth doesn't play his best, Orakpo will be forgotten and easy to block. Raji is sick and is going to eat AP for breakfast. Moreno will get hurt or something dumb. Crabtree has no QB, so he will QQ. Nicks is probably more likely than Harvin to get more coverage in the media because of where he plays. Rey will do whatever it takes to win, but he is surrounded by criminals. And Wild Pat cat is going to be just fine.
    We're bringing purple back.

HEY
    HEY is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

This is another similar list which was posted on NFL.com for about an hour ago (for fantasy's owners):
    [size=14pt]Ten rookies to fantasize about this summer[/size]
    By Pat Kirwan
    |
    NFL.com

Link: http://www.nfl.com/fantasy/story?id=...s&confirm=true

... and guess who's on the top on the list, Minnesota's very own
    1. Percy Harvin, WR, Minnesota: The Vikings will build a package for Harvin similar to the those used by the Saints, Panthers and Eagles for the likes of Reggie Bush, Steve Smith and Jackson, respectively. Every defense that faces the Vikings sets up to stop Adrian Peterson first and that will set up Harvin for a number of opportunities. Between receiving, returns, and rushing, coach Brad Childress should find a way to get the ball in his hands 8-10 times a game on that indoor carpet. I would consider him in rounds five or six.

I think he does indeed have the skills to make your offense alot more dangerous. I mean, having to respect the passing game on short routes etc. while having Peterson running the ball and Berrian stretching the field (If TJ will see him when he's open) will make for a scary offense.

I also like Maualuga. Him together with Keith Rivers ought to make for a good LB core right away. He fell way to far down the charts for his skill. Ofcourse, the teams could know something we don't, though.
    "You can look pretty smart if you have a knack for planning ahead. That's Ted. The Packers are in good hands." - Ron Wolf

jessejames09 is offline Ring of Fame

"Rockmolder" wrote:
    I think he does indeed have the skills to make your offense alot more dangerous. I mean, having to respect the passing game on short routes etc. while having Peterson running the ball and Berrian stretching the field (If TJ will see him when he's open) will make for a scary offense.

I also like Maualuga. Him together with Keith Rivers ought to make for a good LB core right away. He fell way to far down the charts for his skill. Ofcourse, the teams could know something we don't, though.
    I think he fell because he's not a 3 down guy just yet. I imagine the Bengals will sub him on 2nd and long as well as 3rd down.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12