Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

Re: The Top 10 Players in the NFC North

"pack93z" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    Woodson is a joke.
    Remember the NFC championship when Plaxico made him look like a girl?

=Z=
    Rather odd since Plax torched Harris.. ya know.. since he was manned straight up on him all day long.

BTW, if getting torched in a single game is reason to be scratched from the list.. better not have any corners on the list.. especially not Winfield.
    Blah, blah, blah.
    I just hate the spooge dripping off of Woodson from all the love.
    Overrated doofus.

Al Harris sucks, too.
    Atari Bigby, OTOH, is a future stud.
    With him and Collins back there, the Packers have some real studs at safety.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

I can't wait till Peterson makes Al Harris his bitch again.

Harvin will too.

So will Berrian.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame

"Zeus" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    This might be a fun topic.

Adrian Peterson - RB - Vikings

Steve Hutchinson - LG - Vikings

Kevin Williams - DT - Vikings

Lance Briggs - OLB - Bears

Nick Collins - FS - Packers

Jared Allen - DE - Vikings

Aaron Kampman - DE - Packers

Devin Hester - KR/PR - Bears (ONLY as a kick/punt returner)

Calvin Johnson - WR - Lions
    Antoine Winfield - CB - Vikings

As the top 3 are the best in the NFL at their positions, they must be the top-3 in the division.

Anyone who lists Urlacher is just plain wrong.
    He's been the most overrated player in the NFL since Lavar Arrington retired.
    Woodson is a joke.
    And listing Cutler is also ludicrous.
    He's not an NFC North QB until he plays a down in the division.
    Hell - he wasn't even the best QB in the AFC West last year - Rivers was.

=Z=
    I feel you on the top 3.. but you are talking about the NFC north with guys like Rogers, pepp, and Sage/Jackson.. he's by far the best QB in the league and being that that is the most important, you have to include him... Besides, Denver's woes were mainly attributed to the defense not the offense.. and Rivers is one of the best Qb's in the league so that is a ridiculous comparison... that's like saying Matt Ryan isnt' in the top 10 in his division bc Drew brees is in his division or that Tom Brady couldn't be in the top 10 in his division bc Brett Favre is in it... What a ridiculous thing to say... even in your list you listed more than one player at a specific position...

what's even more ridiculous is that you named hester as one of the top 10 players in the division as a kick/punt returner, when 1. he had a shitty year returning the football last season as he was replaced at one point.. and 2. he maybe gets the ball at that position 2 - 3 times a game... 4 or 5 if he's lucky as a returner...

top 10 I cant' agree with that.. but hey.. like you say..everyone is entitled to their opinion..

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"bleedpurple" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:

As the top 3 are the best in the NFL at their positions, they must be the top-3 in the division.

Woodson is a joke.
    I feel you on the top 3.. but you are talking about the NFC north with guys like Rogers, pepp, and Sage/Jackson.. he's by far the best QB in the league and being that that is the most important, you have to include him... Besides, Denver's woes were mainly attributed to the defense not the offense.. and Rivers is one of the best Qb's in the league so that is a ridiculous comparison... that's like saying Matt Ryan isnt' in the top 10 in his division bc Drew brees is in his division or that Tom Brady couldn't be in the top 10 in his division bc Brett Favre is in it... What a ridiculous thing to say... even in your list you listed more than one player at a specific position...

what's even more ridiculous is that you named hester as one of the top 10 players in the division as a kick/punt returner, when 1. he had a shitty year returning the football last season as he was replaced at one point.. and 2. he maybe gets the ball at that position 2 - 3 times a game... 4 or 5 if he's lucky as a returner...

top 10 I cant' agree with that.. but hey.. like you say..everyone is entitled to their opinion..
    Two things:

* As noted - until he plays a down as part of an NFC North team, I can't list him

* I chose to look at this as the top-10 NFL players who are part of NFC North teams.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

"pack93z" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    Woodson is a joke.

=Z=
    Rather odd since Plax torched Harris.. ya know.. since he was manned straight up on him all day long.

BTW, if getting torched in a single game is reason to be scratched from the list.. better not have any corners on the list.. especially not Winfield.
    I agree. Then again, I'm a Packer fan aswell. Anyway, I think I'm reasonably objective if I say that Charles is one of the top 5 corners in the league at this point. I nearly stepped on a plane to go over to GB and kiss him after the Indianapolis game this year.

Harris was torched by Plaxico, indeed. Big problem here is that they both play the same style and Plax tends to handle jams etc. pretty well. Harris is really physical and has very little straigth line speed. Also, he just looked off that game.

Anyway, as for the list, I'm not to happy about it either. Like said before, Peterson and Pace shouldn't be on that list. Kampman and Jennings should. At least Kampman, he has been a force to be reconed with for the last couple of years. Last year, he alone made about half the sacks of the team total.
    "You can look pretty smart if you have a knack for planning ahead. That's Ted. The Packers are in good hands." - Ron Wolf

pack93z is offline Team Alumni

"bleedpurple" wrote:
    I feel you on the top 3.. but you are talking about the NFC north with guys like Rogers, pepp, and Sage/Jackson.. he's by far the best QB in the league and being that that is the most important, you have to include him...
    How in the hell is that.. In Rodgers first year at the helm he produced better stats than Cutler has ever obtained.

While I will not argue that Rodgers belongs on the top 10 list, because he has only done it one year, putting a over-rated Cutler on the list is a mistake.

He just simply isn't worth of being mentioned in the top 10 players of this division period, whether you feel he is better than the rest of the QB's in the north or not.

Of course that is just my opinion.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

"pack93z" wrote:
    "bleedpurple" wrote:
    I feel you on the top 3.. but you are talking about the NFC north with guys like Rogers, pepp, and Sage/Jackson.. he's by far the best QB in the league and being that that is the most important, you have to include him...
    How in the hell is that.. In Rodgers first year at the helm he produced better stats than Cutler has ever obtained.

While I will not argue that Rodgers belongs on the top 10 list, because he has only done it one year, putting a over-rated Cutler on the list is a mistake.

He just simply isn't worth of being mentioned in the top 10 players of this division period, whether you feel he is better than the rest of the QB's in the north or not.

If that is the case then when Favre comes here he should skyrocket close to the top of that list.

pack93z is offline Team Alumni

"marstc09" wrote:
    "pack93z" wrote:
    "bleedpurple" wrote:

If that is the case then when Favre comes here he should skyrocket close to the top of that list.
    How so? Cutler and Rodgers both had better years than Favre did last year.. now you are throwing him onto a new team yet again. It isn't a recipe for success.

BTW.. thought this was about players actually on roster at the moment.

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

"Zeus" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:

Woodson is a joke.

=Z=
    I was going to say the same thing about Peterson, Williams, and Hutchinson.

1 - Adrian Peterson
    2 - Steve Hutchinson
    3 - Kevin Williams
    4 - Calvin Johnson
    5 - Jared Allen
    6 - Devin Hester
    7 - Aaron Kampman
    8 - Greg Jennings
    9 - Antoine Winfield
    10 - Aaron Rodgers

Tad7 is offline Team Alumni