Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    funkyasflea is offline Pro-Bowler

Re: The Top 10 Players in Football

Brian Westbrook at #8???? Are you serious???????

He should not even be close to that list, i'm sorry.
    I have kept quiet about him but he has been way overrated his entire career.
    Don't get me wrong, he is a solid back, but he is nothing special or "Top 10" worthy.
    How about LT????????
    McNabb in his prime MADE Westbrook when McNabb was in his prime.

Westbrook is good but does not deserve to be on that list.

HEY
    HEY is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

"funkyasflea" wrote:
    Brian Westbrook at #8???? Are you serious???????

He should not even be close to that list, i'm sorry.
    I have kept quiet about him but he has been way overrated his entire career.
    Don't get me wrong, he is a solid back, but he is nothing special or "Top 10" worthy.
    How about LT????????
    McNabb in his prime MADE Westbrook when McNabb was in his prime.

Westbrook is good but does not deserve to be on that list.
    I would say I have to agree with you. Westbrook is not even among the top 2 best runningbacks in the NFL, and he should not be on the top 10 list. Talking about runningbacks, I don't see Ladanian Tomlinson or Adrian Peterson on that list. WTF! I could see why some would argue that they have not seen enough from AD to put him in the top 10, but LT... C'mon, he is waaaay better than Westbrook!

.. And for the Brady VS Manning discussion. I think Peyton is a smarter QB than Brady, pluss Manning has a stronger arm.

carta4eva is offline Asst. Coach Space Invaders Champion

Two things... Westbrook is on the list instead of AD because 28 needs to do it again this year to prove himself, and also, how the fuck does Haynesworth make the list as a DT but KWILL is snubbed? KWILL is the best DT in the game (period).
    A wise man once said," Defense Wins Championships!"

funkyasflea is offline Pro-Bowler

"carta4eva" wrote:
    Two things... Westbrook is on the list instead of AD because 28 needs to do it again this year to prove himself, and also, how the floop does Haynesworth make the list as a DT but KWILL is snubbed? KWILL is the best DT in the game (period).
    We both stated above that AD has not proven himself through multiple seasons.
    I don't think he should be on that list YET either, but LT FOR SURE deserves it.
    It looks to me like that list might have been just put together off the top of this guy's head.
    Guys that he has followed closely and therefore knows more about.
    How he could miss LT is beyond me, even people that don't follow football know who he is.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"carta4eva" wrote:
    Two things... Westbrook is on the list instead of AD because 28 needs to do it again this year to prove himself, and also, how the fuck does Haynesworth make the list as a DT but KWILL is snubbed? KWILL is the best DT in the game (period).
    prove it.
    I haven't seen production from him that would call him the best DT in the game for a long time.
    and don't give me the double team stuff, the best DT in the game would be able to overcome the doubleteam

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "carta4eva" wrote:
    Two things... Westbrook is on the list instead of AD because 28 needs to do it again this year to prove himself, and also, how the floop does Haynesworth make the list as a DT but KWILL is snubbed? KWILL is the best DT in the game (period).
    prove it.
    I haven't seen production from him that would call him the best DT in the game for a long time.
    and don't give me the double team stuff, the best DT in the game would be able to overcome the doubleteam
    OK does the fact that since he was draft, he has made 3 out of 5 all pro teams do anything for you? ??? more than any other DT in the league, its not his fault he has had busts on the edges and cannot compile sack totals to appease you. 3 tds in he past two seasons do anything for you? : I am not talking about pro bowls here (sharper is the classic ex of that being a popularity contest) he is the best in the game period, prove to me otherwise!

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"cyviking" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    Peyton calls his own plays, Brady does not.
    Therefore, Peyton is better than Brady. Brady is a robot, nothing more.
    Brady may be a robot, but he is a robot with 3 superbowl rings, a super model girlfriend, and the recod for TD tosses in a season. Thats a gol 'darnit good robot.

If manning were playing for the pats you would rip on him too

Fact is Brady is a pretty darn good QB. He is definatly not better than a lot of the greats (talent wise) but he is better than 75% of the guys starting in the NFL.
    The DEFENSE won those three Super Bowls...just watch how the Pats aging and depleted defense starts losing games this year and beyond.
    And NO, I wouldn't rip on my homeboy, Peyton.
    His "supermodel girlfriend" has absolutely nothing to do with his success on the field (and she isn't that great anyway, unless you like stick figures).
    His TD total can be directly attributed to Randy Moss (and yes, fuck Randy Moss).
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "cyviking" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    Brady may be a robot, but he is a robot with 3 superbowl rings, a super model girlfriend, and the recod for TD tosses in a season. Thats a gol 'darnit good robot.

Fact is Brady is a pretty darn good QB. He is definatly not better than a lot of the greats (talent wise) but he is better than 75% of the guys starting in the NFL.
    The DEFENSE won those three Super Bowls...just watch how the Pats aging and depleted defense starts losing games this year and beyond.
    His "supermodel girlfriend" has absolutely nothing to do with his success on the field (and she isn't that great anyway, unless you like stick figures).
    His TD total can be directly attributed to Randy Moss (and yes, fuck Randy Moss).
    You're all wrong... Camcorders won those Super Bowl rings.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

PurplePowerPunch is offline Pro-Bowler

"C" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "cyviking" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:

His TD total can be directly attributed to Randy Moss (and yes, floop Randy Moss).
    U said guy!

ALL DAY!!!

"C" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "cyviking" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:

His TD total can be directly attributed to Randy Moss (and yes, floop Randy Moss).

2nd on this notion!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast