Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    oakmage is offline Starter

Re: Top 10 NFL rivalries

I personally view the Packers Vikings rivalry in football the same as the Red Sox Yankee rivalry of Baseball

Braddock is offline Hall of Famer

"oakmage" wrote:
    I personally view the Packers Vikings rivalry in football the same as the Red Sox Yankee rivalry of Baseball
    That would be the Cowgirls and the Redskins. And I have to say that even though as of late Vikes/Pack get more attention, Bears/Pack have the tradition. I think we're bigger than the Raiders second rivalry on that list... writer was probably a raider's fan.
    Trying to bring rationale to an irrational site

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

i would kill a packer fan if he was in my house chearing on the cheeseheads while we were facing them.

how's that for a rivalry?

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"Vikes_King" wrote:
    i would kill a packer fan if he was in my house chearing on the cheeseheads while we were facing them.

how's that for a rivalry?
    :scratch: Why? You would have been the one who let him in the house in the 1st place. :grin:

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

"Ltrey33" wrote:
    Packers vs. Bears is waayyyyy overrated, especially now. The Vikings vs. Packers rivalry has been A LOT more relevant over the past couple of years, hence why it's been on national television a lot more. If I remember correctly it was one of only a few games on Christmas Eve two years ago and this past year it was on Monday Night Football.

Steelers/Browns is also lame. The Browns have sucked too badly for too long for anyone to care. Steelers/Bengals is a very young rivalry, but at least people watch that! No one outside of Pittsburgh and Cleveland care about the Steelers/Browns rivalry.
    i don't understand why people think the packer/bears game is so cool!! I agree, it is ovverated!!
    http://www.myspace.com/pooptin

"Ltrey33" wrote:
    Packers vs. Bears is waayyyyy overrated, especially now. The Vikings vs. Packers rivalry has been A LOT more relevant over the past couple of years, hence why it's been on national television a lot more. If I remember correctly it was one of only a few games on Christmas Eve two years ago and this past year it was on Monday Night Football.

Steelers/Browns is also lame. The Browns have sucked too badly for too long for anyone to care. Steelers/Bengals is a very young rivalry, but at least people watch that! No one outside of Pittsburgh and Cleveland care about the Steelers/Browns rivalry.
    i don't understand why people think the packer/bears game is so cool!! I agree, it is ovverated!!
    http://www.myspace.com/pooptin

oakmage is offline Starter

"Braddock" wrote:
    I think we're bigger than the Raiders second rivalry on that list... writer was probably a raider's fan.
    I agree with both, that were are bigger then the Raider second rivalry and that he was probity a Raider fan I am wondering as to why he did not put down the Raider Charger rivalry I mean that was the only one missing from the AFC west division.:roll: Of course I do have to admit that I do like the Raider Bronco Rivalry. :wink:

Vikadelic is offline Starter

Hands down! Viking's vs Packer's outshines any rivalry in the NFL to date. Both teams fans are absolutley rabid when it comes time for the two to play each other. I remember explaining it to a Lions fan this way: We could lose all other games during the season. However, if we beat the Slacker's twice it is still a good season to me!

mr.woo is offline Team Alumni

two obvious rivalrys missing is

bengals steelers: when bill cower said who dey? we dey! after the superbowl and the hit on carson palmer just made this rivalry more intense.

pats colts: this game has decide who moves on in the playoffs alot and even though the pats easily control this rivalry it is a rivalry. the colt players hate the pats and likewise. the most intense when buill bellicheck let the grass grow in new england before there game.
    woo out
    just two corn cobs shy of a bushel

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

"mr.woo" wrote:
    two obvious rivalrys missing is

bengals steelers when bill cower said who dey? we dey! after the superbowl and the hit on carson palmer just made this rivalry more intense.

pats colts this game has decide who moves on in the playoffs alot and even though the pats easily control this rivalry it is a rivalry. the colt players hate the pats and likewise. the most intense when buill bellicheck let the grass grow in new england before there game.
    I totally disagree with this. The original article was about all time rivalries, not ones that have just been created in the past couple years. Historically the Benglas-Steelers matchup has been lopsided, with the Steelers dominatiing and the Bengals being the laughing stock of the NFL.

The Pats-Colts matchup has only been around for four or five years. True rivalries span generations. Vikings fans and Packer fans hated each other before I was born. No one cared about Patriots vs. Colts back then.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast