Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re:Top 10 NFC Games To Watch In 2010

Zeus wrote:
    Then why not actually say that?
    I was actually trying to be nice and get you in a conversation without you getting pissy. Alas, I failed.

You're interpreting lots of stuff into his three little words.
    That usually happens on a internet page when one posts a viewpoint.........
    On a somewhat related point, anything could happen by then.
    I guess it shows how biased the media really is.
    ........and then patiently waits for a response.

If Doc and I (along with a few snails) were actually standing in a bar, sudsing some beers and actually having a two way, dynamic conversation, things like that wouldn't have to take place.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Mark_The_Viking wrote:
    Zeus wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    Zeus wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    Zeus wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    On a somewhat related point, anything could happen by then. The Vikes/Saints on week 1 would probably have been my pick, purple shades off, if for no other reason than they are both undefeated and a repeat of the NFCC game from last year.
    And congratulations to Marrdro for posting the "Duh Of The Year, 2010" right there by pointing out that the Saints and Vikings will both be undefeated. In Week 1.

At this point, I will also make note that both will be winless, as well.

Both will be tied for last in the NFL in yards gained, as well as tied for first in the NFL in yards allowed.

Both also will be tied for first in scoring margin and tied for last in turnover differential. Ad nauseum.
    Not sure I follow.

Are you trying to say that the risk to the spin/hype leading up to the game is the same for a game week one vs week 10?
    I'm saying that pointing out that the Saints and Vikings will both be undefeated in their Week 1 game is like pointing out that water is wet.

Now do you get it? Or do I need to make you a pivot table?
    Why do you get so pissy?
    Because you follow my light-hearted "duh" post with a "I don't follow", as if you, um, don't follow.

I actually got your point the first time.
    Then why not actually say that?

My reply was kindof my way of trying to stear you towards what my original point was about, which had nothing to do with the point you tried to make.

In short, and another attempt on my part....I would have thought that the first game of the season would have been the one to carry the hype because of all the intangables that could happen between week 10 (see jargos point about 10-0 vs 10-0).
    Your original point, if you take the "duh!" out of it, is that the Vikings vs. Saints is the #1 NFC matchup because it's a replay of the 2009 NFCC, with a slight mention that between Week 1 and Week 11, "anything could happen". Which is true. A giant space snail could land on California and slime its way across America in those 10 weeks.

As the original author wrote - "Dream Scenario? 10-0 vs. 10-0? NFC Title Preview?" Which is, of course, a series of questions, rather than beliefs.

Jargo's point "I think not" is no more than he doesn't think they will both be 10-0 at that time. You're interpreting lots of stuff into his three little words.

=Z=
    I have to say I would love to see that snail
    Not without a link or proof though.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion

The thing I find most interesting is that 7 of the 10 games involve NFC north teams.

WWBGD

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

RK. wrote:
    The thing I find most interesting is that 7 of the 10 games involve NFC north teams.
    Its the Favre effect.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

i_bleed_purple wrote:
    RK. wrote:
    Its the Favre effect.
    Favreffect.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion

i_bleed_purple wrote:
    RK. wrote:
    Its the Favre effect.
    I think Favre has a little to do with it but mostly I think it is because the NFC North is once again the dominate division in the NFC. I think that at least two of the teams if not three will make the playoffs this year.

WWBGD

Traveling_Vike is offline Coordinator

Personally, I have no problem yielding the "top billing" to the Saints and Cowboys, especially given that we get second, third, and fourth ranks, as well as seventh.

I just worry a bit about highly publicized games, as those are usually the ones where our Vikings tend to embarrass themselves. The more attention we get, the worse it seems to be.

My Meeple is purple. What color is yours?

kspurplepride is offline Pro-Bowler

I'm liking the fact that we may actually have some good football on Thanksgiving day. Although the Cowgirls get way to much hype for what they are capable of accomplishing. With the talent on that team, they should be a lot better than they are. Kind of the Yankees of the NFL... greatest underachievers in sports. I still find it ironic that Jones was the one to push for the end of the cap, and he wasn't able to go out and buy talent this year because of the final 8 rule lol

gagarr is offline Team Alumni

7. “Hall Of Fame QB’s In The Nation’s Capital: Week 12 – Minnesota Vikings @ Washington Redskins. Tough, gutsy, confident, prideful…Winners. They leave it all on the field. Favre vs. McNabb – does it get any better than this? Two of the most consummate professionals and persevering warriors we’ve ever seen take the gridiron will do whatever it takes to come out on top in this unique, one-of-a-kind match-up. Two ultimate competitors who never miss a down square off in what will be Must-See TV come late November.

How many of you consider McNabb a future HOFer at this point?

He hasn't won a Championship.
    Been to the SB once.
    Has one NFL record that I know of:
    Least-intercepted quarterback per pass attempt, which he can still screw up as he gets older.

So how does this make him a HOFer at this point?

He's 33, so he has some years to get get in the top five of some records or a long shot at a SB, but I doubt he will.

He's a very good QB, but not a great one IMO.
    [size=12pt]
    Page 148.5 **Doleman 150.5 **Randle 137.5 **Allen 73+
    [/size]

12purplepride28 is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

Zeus wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    On a somewhat related point, anything could happen by then. The Vikes/Saints on week 1 would probably have been my pick, purple shades off, if for no other reason than they are both undefeated and a repeat of the NFCC game from last year.
    And congratulations to Marrdro for posting the "Duh Of The Year, 2010" right there by pointing out that the Saints and Vikings will both be undefeated. In Week 1.

At this point, I will also make note that both will be winless, as well.

Both will be tied for last in the NFL in yards gained, as well as tied for first in the NFL in yards allowed.

Both also will be tied for first in scoring margin and tied for last in turnover differential. Ad nauseum.

=Z=
    Hahaha, glad someone else noticed that. But I think articulated it better than I could have.
    I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast