Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 21
  1. #1
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,909

    Top 10 NFC Games To Watch In 2010

    1. “Tantalizing Thanksgiving Treat“: Week 12 – New Orleans Saints @ Dallas Cowboys. Arguably the two most talented teams in all of football playing at the biggest stadium, on one of the biggest days for football -can you ask for any bigger of a scene, setting and stage? This game has all the potential! It takes the cake, it takes the top honors, and it will come at a time when teams are usually playing their best football. All eyes will be feasting on the only game playing at the time and this game will live up to all the hype surrounding the atmosphere come Thanksgiving Day. Dream scenario…10-0 vs. 10-0? NFC Title Preview? Must-See TV.
    Top 10 NFC Games To Watch In 2010
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  2. #2
    jargomcfargo's Avatar
    jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    4,776

    Re:Top 10 NFC Games To Watch In 2010

    Marrdro wrote:
    1. “Tantalizing Thanksgiving Treat“: Week 12 – New Orleans Saints @ Dallas Cowboys. Arguably the two most talented teams in all of football playing at the biggest stadium, on one of the biggest days for football -can you ask for any bigger of a scene, setting and stage? This game has all the potential! It takes the cake, it takes the top honors, and it will come at a time when teams are usually playing their best football. All eyes will be feasting on the only game playing at the time and this game will live up to all the hype surrounding the atmosphere come Thanksgiving Day. Dream scenario…10-0 vs. 10-0? NFC Title Preview? Must-See TV.
    Top 10 NFC Games To Watch In 2010
    10-0 vs. 10-0 ? I think not.
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

  3. #3
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,909

    Re:Top 10 NFC Games To Watch In 2010

    jargomcfargo wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    1. “Tantalizing Thanksgiving Treat“: Week 12 – New Orleans Saints @ Dallas Cowboys. Arguably the two most talented teams in all of football playing at the biggest stadium, on one of the biggest days for football -can you ask for any bigger of a scene, setting and stage? This game has all the potential! It takes the cake, it takes the top honors, and it will come at a time when teams are usually playing their best football. All eyes will be feasting on the only game playing at the time and this game will live up to all the hype surrounding the atmosphere come Thanksgiving Day. Dream scenario…10-0 vs. 10-0? NFC Title Preview? Must-See TV.
    Top 10 NFC Games To Watch In 2010
    10-0 vs. 10-0 ? I think not.
    Agree.

    On a somewhat related point, anything could happen by then. The Vikes/Saints on week 1 would probably have been my pick, purple shades off, if for no other reason than they are both undefeated and a repeat of the NFCC game from last year.

    I guess it shows how biased the media really is.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  4. #4
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re:Top 10 NFC Games To Watch In 2010

    Marrdro wrote:
    On a somewhat related point, anything could happen by then. The Vikes/Saints on week 1 would probably have been my pick, purple shades off, if for no other reason than they are both undefeated and a repeat of the NFCC game from last year.
    And congratulations to Marrdro for posting the "Duh Of The Year, 2010" right there by pointing out that the Saints and Vikings will both be undefeated. In Week 1.

    At this point, I will also make note that both will be winless, as well.

    Both will be tied for last in the NFL in yards gained, as well as tied for first in the NFL in yards allowed.

    Both also will be tied for first in scoring margin and tied for last in turnover differential. Ad nauseum.

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

  5. #5
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,909

    Re:Top 10 NFC Games To Watch In 2010

    Zeus wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    On a somewhat related point, anything could happen by then. The Vikes/Saints on week 1 would probably have been my pick, purple shades off, if for no other reason than they are both undefeated and a repeat of the NFCC game from last year.
    And congratulations to Marrdro for posting the "Duh Of The Year, 2010" right there by pointing out that the Saints and Vikings will both be undefeated. In Week 1.

    At this point, I will also make note that both will be winless, as well.

    Both will be tied for last in the NFL in yards gained, as well as tied for first in the NFL in yards allowed.

    Both also will be tied for first in scoring margin and tied for last in turnover differential. Ad nauseum.

    =Z=
    Not sure I follow.

    Are you trying to say that the risk to the spin/hype leading up to the game is the same for a game week one vs week 10?
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  6. #6
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re:Top 10 NFC Games To Watch In 2010

    Marrdro wrote:
    Zeus wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    On a somewhat related point, anything could happen by then. The Vikes/Saints on week 1 would probably have been my pick, purple shades off, if for no other reason than they are both undefeated and a repeat of the NFCC game from last year.
    And congratulations to Marrdro for posting the "Duh Of The Year, 2010" right there by pointing out that the Saints and Vikings will both be undefeated. In Week 1.

    At this point, I will also make note that both will be winless, as well.

    Both will be tied for last in the NFL in yards gained, as well as tied for first in the NFL in yards allowed.

    Both also will be tied for first in scoring margin and tied for last in turnover differential. Ad nauseum.
    Not sure I follow.

    Are you trying to say that the risk to the spin/hype leading up to the game is the same for a game week one vs week 10?
    I'm saying that pointing out that the Saints and Vikings will both be undefeated in their Week 1 game is like pointing out that water is wet.

    Now do you get it? Or do I need to make you a pivot table?

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

  7. #7
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,909

    Re:Top 10 NFC Games To Watch In 2010

    Zeus wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    Zeus wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    On a somewhat related point, anything could happen by then. The Vikes/Saints on week 1 would probably have been my pick, purple shades off, if for no other reason than they are both undefeated and a repeat of the NFCC game from last year.
    And congratulations to Marrdro for posting the "Duh Of The Year, 2010" right there by pointing out that the Saints and Vikings will both be undefeated. In Week 1.

    At this point, I will also make note that both will be winless, as well.

    Both will be tied for last in the NFL in yards gained, as well as tied for first in the NFL in yards allowed.

    Both also will be tied for first in scoring margin and tied for last in turnover differential. Ad nauseum.
    Not sure I follow.

    Are you trying to say that the risk to the spin/hype leading up to the game is the same for a game week one vs week 10?
    I'm saying that pointing out that the Saints and Vikings will both be undefeated in their Week 1 game is like pointing out that water is wet.

    Now do you get it? Or do I need to make you a pivot table?

    =Z=
    Why do you get so pissy?

    I actually got your point the first time. My reply was kindof my way of trying to stear you towards what my original point was about, which had nothing to do with the point you tried to make.

    In short, and another attempt on my part....I would have thought that the first game of the season would have been the one to carry the hype because of all the intangables that could happen between week 10 (see jargos point about 10-0 vs 10-0).
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  8. #8
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re:Top 10 NFC Games To Watch In 2010

    Marrdro wrote:
    Zeus wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    Zeus wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    On a somewhat related point, anything could happen by then. The Vikes/Saints on week 1 would probably have been my pick, purple shades off, if for no other reason than they are both undefeated and a repeat of the NFCC game from last year.
    And congratulations to Marrdro for posting the "Duh Of The Year, 2010" right there by pointing out that the Saints and Vikings will both be undefeated. In Week 1.

    At this point, I will also make note that both will be winless, as well.

    Both will be tied for last in the NFL in yards gained, as well as tied for first in the NFL in yards allowed.

    Both also will be tied for first in scoring margin and tied for last in turnover differential. Ad nauseum.
    Not sure I follow.

    Are you trying to say that the risk to the spin/hype leading up to the game is the same for a game week one vs week 10?
    I'm saying that pointing out that the Saints and Vikings will both be undefeated in their Week 1 game is like pointing out that water is wet.

    Now do you get it? Or do I need to make you a pivot table?
    Why do you get so pissy?
    Because you follow my light-hearted "duh" post with a "I don't follow", as if you, um, don't follow.

    I actually got your point the first time.
    Then why not actually say that?

    My reply was kindof my way of trying to stear you towards what my original point was about, which had nothing to do with the point you tried to make.

    In short, and another attempt on my part....I would have thought that the first game of the season would have been the one to carry the hype because of all the intangables that could happen between week 10 (see jargos point about 10-0 vs 10-0).
    Your original point, if you take the "duh!" out of it, is that the Vikings vs. Saints is the #1 NFC matchup because it's a replay of the 2009 NFCC, with a slight mention that between Week 1 and Week 11, "anything could happen". Which is true. A giant space snail could land on California and slime its way across America in those 10 weeks.

    As the original author wrote - "Dream Scenario? 10-0 vs. 10-0? NFC Title Preview?" Which is, of course, a series of questions, rather than beliefs.

    Jargo's point "I think not" is no more than he doesn't think they will both be 10-0 at that time. You're interpreting lots of stuff into his three little words.

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

  9. #9
    Mark_The_Viking is offline Asst. Coach
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Portsmouth UK
    Posts
    651

    Re:Top 10 NFC Games To Watch In 2010

    Zeus wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    Zeus wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    Zeus wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    On a somewhat related point, anything could happen by then. The Vikes/Saints on week 1 would probably have been my pick, purple shades off, if for no other reason than they are both undefeated and a repeat of the NFCC game from last year.
    And congratulations to Marrdro for posting the "Duh Of The Year, 2010" right there by pointing out that the Saints and Vikings will both be undefeated. In Week 1.

    At this point, I will also make note that both will be winless, as well.

    Both will be tied for last in the NFL in yards gained, as well as tied for first in the NFL in yards allowed.

    Both also will be tied for first in scoring margin and tied for last in turnover differential. Ad nauseum.
    Not sure I follow.

    Are you trying to say that the risk to the spin/hype leading up to the game is the same for a game week one vs week 10?
    I'm saying that pointing out that the Saints and Vikings will both be undefeated in their Week 1 game is like pointing out that water is wet.

    Now do you get it? Or do I need to make you a pivot table?
    Why do you get so pissy?
    Because you follow my light-hearted "duh" post with a "I don't follow", as if you, um, don't follow.

    I actually got your point the first time.
    Then why not actually say that?

    My reply was kindof my way of trying to stear you towards what my original point was about, which had nothing to do with the point you tried to make.

    In short, and another attempt on my part....I would have thought that the first game of the season would have been the one to carry the hype because of all the intangables that could happen between week 10 (see jargos point about 10-0 vs 10-0).
    Your original point, if you take the "duh!" out of it, is that the Vikings vs. Saints is the #1 NFC matchup because it's a replay of the 2009 NFCC, with a slight mention that between Week 1 and Week 11, "anything could happen". Which is true. A giant space snail could land on California and slime its way across America in those 10 weeks.

    As the original author wrote - "Dream Scenario? 10-0 vs. 10-0? NFC Title Preview?" Which is, of course, a series of questions, rather than beliefs.

    Jargo's point "I think not" is no more than he doesn't think they will both be 10-0 at that time. You're interpreting lots of stuff into his three little words.

    =Z=
    I have to say I would love to see that snail
    Purple till i die

  10. #10
    i_bleed_purple's Avatar
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Canadialand
    Posts
    16,777
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re:Top 10 NFC Games To Watch In 2010

    Mark_The_Viking wrote:
    Zeus wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    Zeus wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    Zeus wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    On a somewhat related point, anything could happen by then. The Vikes/Saints on week 1 would probably have been my pick, purple shades off, if for no other reason than they are both undefeated and a repeat of the NFCC game from last year.
    And congratulations to Marrdro for posting the "Duh Of The Year, 2010" right there by pointing out that the Saints and Vikings will both be undefeated. In Week 1.

    At this point, I will also make note that both will be winless, as well.

    Both will be tied for last in the NFL in yards gained, as well as tied for first in the NFL in yards allowed.

    Both also will be tied for first in scoring margin and tied for last in turnover differential. Ad nauseum.
    Not sure I follow.

    Are you trying to say that the risk to the spin/hype leading up to the game is the same for a game week one vs week 10?
    I'm saying that pointing out that the Saints and Vikings will both be undefeated in their Week 1 game is like pointing out that water is wet.

    Now do you get it? Or do I need to make you a pivot table?
    Why do you get so pissy?
    Because you follow my light-hearted "duh" post with a "I don't follow", as if you, um, don't follow.

    I actually got your point the first time.
    Then why not actually say that?

    My reply was kindof my way of trying to stear you towards what my original point was about, which had nothing to do with the point you tried to make.

    In short, and another attempt on my part....I would have thought that the first game of the season would have been the one to carry the hype because of all the intangables that could happen between week 10 (see jargos point about 10-0 vs 10-0).
    Your original point, if you take the "duh!" out of it, is that the Vikings vs. Saints is the #1 NFC matchup because it's a replay of the 2009 NFCC, with a slight mention that between Week 1 and Week 11, "anything could happen". Which is true. A giant space snail could land on California and slime its way across America in those 10 weeks.

    As the original author wrote - "Dream Scenario? 10-0 vs. 10-0? NFC Title Preview?" Which is, of course, a series of questions, rather than beliefs.

    Jargo's point "I think not" is no more than he doesn't think they will both be 10-0 at that time. You're interpreting lots of stuff into his three little words.

    =Z=
    I have to say I would love to see that snail
    I'd come watch

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Watch Preseason Games Online
    By Culpepper_4717 in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 08-16-2013, 04:54 PM
  2. MOVED: is there anyway to watch games online?
    By ultravikingfan in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-17-2008, 06:08 AM
  3. is there anyway to watch games online?
    By nosoup4you in forum Help / Suggestion Box
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-17-2008, 06:08 AM
  4. Where to watch away games??
    By Viking Gal in forum Free Beer!
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 10-19-2007, 10:15 PM
  5. Hot games to watch on 2007 NFL slate
    By Prophet in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-06-2007, 06:33 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •