Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

TOO MANY Steeler Fans

Man Roethlisberger is at the top of all the Fan polls for mid season awards.

They even put him in as the NFL midseason winner of MVP????

http://proxy.espn.go.com/chat/sportsnation/polling?event_id=977

Take a look at it????? It is almost sickening. I can see him as the Rookie of the year, hands down but for league MVP, he is not......yet anyway.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

TOO MANY Steeler Fans

Rottenburger will come back down to earth...especially after teams start to game plan for him. To his credit, he is playing with alot of confidence...but he does have a good running game behind him and a helluva defense to keep games close for him. If he continues to play relatively mistake free, he will have continued success...but MVP is a stretch, as it will go to someone more established.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

TOO MANY Steeler Fans

Are his stats really that good? I guess the most important stat for him is perfect, but are the rest of his stats that good for MVP, I doubt it!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

hawaiianvike21 is offline Team Alumni

TOO MANY Steeler Fans

Everyones so high on him because he is undefeated as their starter going 6-0 i believe.

It was mentioned in another thread stating if you win a few games its off to the superbowl, mvp, etc. When you lose a few games, you are the worst team in the league and should just forfeit the rest of the season.

Burgerman will come back down to earth soon enough.

HOwever he is doing impressive for a rookie though.
    Hupo oe ke kau ana i ka waiupa a ma kou pa o & Hupo na Po o waiupa a

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

TOO MANY Steeler Fans

Yeah i dont see him on top for long, if he does i'll eat my crow, but how long can a rookie QB hold his own the way he is doin now.

But then again he doesnt look like a rookie at all, his presence in the pocket is outstanding for a rookie. His accuracy is great, he seems to be very clutch. He has alot of nice throws on third downs.

By the way Cajun that ROTTENBURGER nickname is pretty creative!

Kleinsasser40 is offline Coordinator

TOO MANY Steeler Fans

he is doing a great job for a Rookie. The steelers rely mostly on their running game though, he hasent done anything spactacular. Most of the hype is jsut due to their record. Those games are being mostly won by the line adn the RB, but he is the QB and the QB usually gets credit for good or bad offensive play no matter if he is good or not.
    [img:2264cdc124]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v482/ultravikingfan/vikesklein.jpg[/img:2264cdc124]

TOO MANY Steeler Fans

"hawaiianvike21" wrote:
    Everyones so high on him because he is undefeated as their starter going 6-0 i believe.

It was mentioned in another thread stating if you win a few games its off to the superbowl, mvp, etc. When you lose a few games, you are the worst team in the league and should just forfeit the rest of the season.

Burgerman will come back down to earth soon enough.

HOwever he is doing impressive for a rookie though.
    That is so true. Look where Skolpepper is at now. 2 weeks ago, everyone was saying he was the MVP over Manning, McNabb, and Rottenburger.

The numbers won't lie when it all settles down. Manning, if he continues the numbers and gets to the playoffs, will win the MVP at the end of the season.

There are a lot of good candidates this year. Tiki has some awesome numbers also. I wish that one of our backs would be able to go the whole season, they would also put up similar numbers.

Skolpepper is who I am routing for. He needs to get back on track and get this team winning or he won't be in the running at the end of the year.

TOO MANY Steeler Fans

The Steelers Defense and the Running game have done him wonders.

I doubt if he has had to play from behind much. The last two time games especially, they got out in front and the D never let the other team back into the game.

Krenzle would probably look good in that offense.

30-40 runs per game can't be too tough on a QB. Also, he get 2nd and short, 3rd and short most of the time.

Freya is offline Team Alumni

TOO MANY Steeler Fans

Beginners luck! And evidently, lots of it.
    I guess I'll reserve judgement until he has one of those really bad games and see if he can bounce back. The true test of a quality QB.

Personally, I don't think there is intelligent life on other planets. Why should other planets be any different from this one?

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

TOO MANY Steeler Fans

That is very insightful, Freya!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast