Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 33
  1. #11
    marstc09's Avatar
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Posts
    23,180

    Re: Tony Gonzalez has no problems’ staying with Chiefs

    Damn, not in the NFC.
    >

  2. #12
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re: Tony Gonzalez has no problems’ staying with Chiefs

    "marstc09" wrote:
    Damn, not in the NFC.
    >
    Vikings don't play the Falcons next year.
    And are not scheduled to play them as part of the regular rotation until 2011.
    (NFC West this year, NFC East in 2010, NFC South in 2011).
    So the only way the Vikings would face TonyG before 2011 is if the Falcons and Vikings finish in the same position in their respective divisions in 2009.

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

  3. #13
    marstc09's Avatar
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Posts
    23,180

    Re: Tony Gonzalez has no problems’ staying with Chiefs

    "Zeus" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    Damn, not in the NFC.
    >
    Vikings don't play the Falcons next year.
    And are not scheduled to play them as part of the regular rotation until 2011.
    (NFC West this year, NFC East in 2010, NFC South in 2011).
    So the only way the Vikings would face TonyG before 2011 is if the Falcons and Vikings finish in the same position in their respective divisions in 2009.

    =Z=
    So you are pretty much saying we will either not see each other in the playoffs or not even make it.

  4. #14
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re: Tony Gonzalez has no problems’ staying with Chiefs

    "marstc09" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    Damn, not in the NFC.
    >
    Vikings don't play the Falcons next year.
    And are not scheduled to play them as part of the regular rotation until 2011.
    (NFC West this year, NFC East in 2010, NFC South in 2011).
    So the only way the Vikings would face TonyG before 2011 is if the Falcons and Vikings finish in the same position in their respective divisions in 2009.
    So you are pretty much saying we will either not see each other in the playoffs or not even make it.
    The only schedule which is known is the regular-season.
    I'm not saying anything about the playoffs.

    I also think TonyG is wayyyyyy wayyyyyy wayyyyy on the downside in his career and has NEVER been a good blocker.
    He doesn't scare me.

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

  5. #15
    gregair13's Avatar
    gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Edmonton, AB
    Posts
    14,597

    Re: Tony Gonzalez has no problems’ staying with Chiefs

    bad news for us actually. We have no one to cover the te
    We're bringing purple back.

  6. #16
    i_bleed_purple's Avatar
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Canadialand
    Posts
    16,778
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Tony Gonzalez has no problems’ staying with Chiefs

    "gregair13" wrote:
    bad news for us actually. We have no one to cover the te
    If we could teach Greenway to play man coverage we could be fine.
    He can keep up.

  7. #17
    i_bleed_purple's Avatar
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Canadialand
    Posts
    16,778
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Tony Gonzalez has no problems’ staying with Chiefs

    "Zeus" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    Damn, not in the NFC.
    >
    Vikings don't play the Falcons next year.
    And are not scheduled to play them as part of the regular rotation until 2011.
    (NFC West this year, NFC East in 2010, NFC South in 2011).
    So the only way the Vikings would face TonyG before 2011 is if the Falcons and Vikings finish in the same position in their respective divisions in 2009.
    So you are pretty much saying we will either not see each other in the playoffs or not even make it.
    The only schedule which is known is the regular-season.
    I'm not saying anything about the playoffs.

    I also think TonyG is wayyyyyy wayyyyyy wayyyyy on the downside in his career and has NEVER been a good blocker.
    He doesn't scare me.

    =Z=
    no, but he'll be the go-to guy for Ryan.
    Roddy White emerged last season, add another big threat like Gonzales and their passing game can really take off, add to the fact they have a great run game, they're not a team to take lightly this season.

  8. #18
    gregair13's Avatar
    gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Edmonton, AB
    Posts
    14,597

    Re: Tony Gonzalez has no problems’ staying with Chiefs

    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "gregair13" wrote:
    bad news for us actually. We have no one to cover the te
    If we could teach Greenway to play man coverage we could be fine.
    He can keep up.
    But his hands are impregnable.
    We're bringing purple back.

  9. #19
    SharperImage's Avatar
    SharperImage is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    1,728

    Re: Tony Gonzalez has no problems’ staying with Chiefs

    Lol what is up with the chiefs? Who trades away your last icon of the team? Now there is nothing for Chiefs fans to look forward to.

    I think Gonzales will fit in nicely with the falcons

  10. #20
    jessejames09's Avatar
    jessejames09 is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    4,233

    Re: Tony Gonzalez has no problems’ staying with Chiefs

    I hate situations like this. Reminds me of CC going to the Dolphins, lame... I wish Gonzo all the best in ATL though, maybe we will get a chance to trample them on our way to the Superbowl (Sage for MVP).

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Gonzalez?
    By Syphilis Christmas in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-13-2008, 08:21 PM
  2. adam schefter reports possible tony gonzalez trade
    By pepper 0n moss in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 09-24-2008, 11:35 PM
  3. Tony Gonzalez talks retirement
    By singersp in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-29-2008, 06:19 AM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-19-2007, 09:46 AM
  5. Tony Gonzalez close to re-signing with Chiefs
    By cajunvike in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 01-17-2007, 10:35 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •