Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Re: Tom Brady trade bait?

"erik5032" wrote:
    I think you are all underestimating BB's Ego... He did it with Bledsoe... he got hurt and they said we are going with Brady... what will stop him from doing it again? IF he did do it, it would send a message saying this is his team and he is the reason they are doing so well... His Ego is huge.
    Although this is BB and his ego, we are talking about Tom Brady.
    Who just happens to be in his prime.
    Cannot compare that to Bledsoe who was past his prime.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"Vikeman" wrote:
    With the way Matt Cassell has been playing, It wouldn't surprise me at all if BB put Brady on the market.
    It would be a "Belichick" move if I ever saw one.
    With three follow up surgeries for infections and a whole lot of salary cap space to be gained this is a definite possibility.
    Thoughts????
    Brady might not even be back at the start of next season.
    Do you want to deal with that?

BTW, Bledsoe wasn't a MVP Three time SuperBowl champ.
    The Pats aren't the same team without Brady.
    JMHO!

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"erik5032" wrote:
    I think you are all underestimating BB's Ego... He did it with Bledsoe... he got hurt and they said we are going with Brady... what will stop him from doing it again? IF he did do it, it would send a message saying this is his team and he is the reason they are doing so well... His Ego is huge.
    The reason he did it with Bledsoe is because he saw something in Brady that he liked. Now I confess it is possible that he sees something in Cassell also but it would have to be significantly more than what he originally saw in Brady.

"erik5032" wrote:
    Man I was saying this to some friends a few weeks back...I was like if Cassell plays descent you can expect Brady on the block and listed those same reasons they all laughed. Iam glad someone else agrees

You also have to remember that BB is not scared to get rid of players he has done it with Milloy

One reason I could see Brady staying is that
    Belichek coaching record is bad without Brady he was only succesful with brady.

"...[T]he numbers are fairly staggering. Belichick was 36-44 with the Browns; the Patriots were 5-11 in 2000, Belichick's first year, sans Brady. And they lost their first game in 2001 (sans Brady). That's a total record of 41-56 with one playoff appearance and no victories....

Starting with Game 2 of the 2001 season, Brady has started every game for the Belichick-led Patriots. Since then, New England is 86-25 in the regular season with three Super Bowl titles and possibly a fourth on the way."

http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2008/01/29/how-important-is-tom-brady-to-bill-belichicks-coaching-success/

So he may be unwilling to get rid of his security blanket or maybe his big ego will push brady out to prove he was the guy behind the the super bowls

CCthebest is offline Hall of Famer

So when Cassel takes the pats to the SB is he still a backup riding Moss's coatails?

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

"CCthebest" wrote:
    So when Cassel takes the pats to the SB is he still a backup riding Moss's coatails?
    Eh... The Jets are looking a bit better than the Pats right now.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

If Cassell gets them to the bowl then I think it's possible

He might not come back as strong with his serious injury and could move forward with the younger Cassell who if he is good has a good 7+ years left in him

Vikeman is offline Asst. Coach

"jmcdon00" wrote:
    "Vikeman" wrote:
    Wow, I think you are all underestimating the business side of Bill Belichick.
    The Pats 2005 season ended at Denver in the div. round 27-13 in a game where Brady played terrible. (Three picks)
    The Pats 2006 season ended at Indy in the AFC champ. game by blowing a 21-3 1st half lead. (Brady-two 2nd half picks)
    And in the 2007-08 AFC champ game the Pats were lucky to win. (Brady-three picks)
    And we all know how SB 42 turned out.
    In fact, In those four pressure packed post-season games over Bradys last three full seasons, Brady has a 1-3 record, 5 td passes and 6 ints and his qb rating is 74.6.
    I will agree he has been one of the best REGULAR SEASON qbs over the last three seasons, but the post season numbers don't lie.
    You, me and Bill Belichick have no idea how well Brady will play when he returns.
    I think Brady is a pretty darn good post season QB too. He did win 3 superbowls and get to a 4th. It's the playoffs, no one wins all the time but I would stack Brady's playoff record against anyone playing today and I think he'd win.
    That was almost four years ago.
    I only mentioned the LAST THREE SEASONS.
    For those three seasons, his playoff performance is just better than average--LOOK IT UP!!!
    A good friend will help you move...a best friend will help you move a body.

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

"Vikeman" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    "Vikeman" wrote:
    Wow, I think you are all underestimating the business side of Bill Belichick.
    The Pats 2005 season ended at Denver in the div. round 27-13 in a game where Brady played terrible. (Three picks)
    The Pats 2006 season ended at Indy in the AFC champ. game by blowing a 21-3 1st half lead. (Brady-two 2nd half picks)
    And in the 2007-08 AFC champ game the Pats were lucky to win. (Brady-three picks)
    And we all know how SB 42 turned out.
    In fact, In those four pressure packed post-season games over Bradys last three full seasons, Brady has a 1-3 record, 5 td passes and 6 ints and his qb rating is 74.6.
    I will agree he has been one of the best REGULAR SEASON qbs over the last three seasons, but the post season numbers don't lie.
    You, me and Bill Belichick have no idea how well Brady will play when he returns.
    I think Brady is a pretty darn good post season QB too. He did win 3 superbowls and get to a 4th. It's the playoffs, no one wins all the time but I would stack Brady's playoff record against anyone playing today and I think he'd win.
    That was almost four years ago.
    I only mentioned the LAST THREE SEASONS.
    For those three seasons, his playoff performance is just better than average--LOOK IT UP!!!
    A little better than average in the playoffs? Or a little better than average in the regular season?
    The AFC Playoff classes of the past few years have been absolutely stacked.

Vikes is offline Team Alumni

anyone can be trade bait.

The rigors of Spartan life. Leonidas is cast out into the wild, and survives the harsh winter to return to his home, when he is crowned King ....a Viking!

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast