Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Tom Brady trade bait?

If I had time, it might be interesting to do a google search on Brady and Bledsoe to see what the fans and local sports hacks were saying when he replaced Bledsoe......
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

vikesfargo is offline Asst. Coach

You don't trade your best player unless you are in rebuilding mode. Brady might need to take next season off to fully recover. In any case, he'll be a Patriot when he returns, have no doubt.

Go Vikings!

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"kspurplepride" wrote:
    No that was only part of Mannings problem... the other half was his HOF reciever playing like TWill for 6 games. Mannings success is a product of Harrison and Harrison's success is a product of Manning. I dont expect Manning to have nearly the gaudy numbers he has had once Harrison retires
    The OL is more the reason than the WR in regards to manning.He has been without his career long center and also has other new guys on the offensive line and until they get to the point where they are in sync like the line he has been playing behind in the past, he will not be as productive.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"Marrdro" wrote:
    If I had time, it might be interesting to do a google search on Brady and Bledsoe to see what the fans and local sports hacks were saying when he replaced Bledsoe......
    ;D
    You cannot even begin to realistically compare the two of them.

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

There is absolutely no chance whatsoever that the Patriots would ever consider trading Tom Brady.

Unless he pulls a Favre very late in his career, he'll be in New England until he retires.

Vikeman is offline Asst. Coach

Wow, I think you are all underestimating the business side of Bill Belichick.
    The Pats 2005 season ended at Denver in the div. round 27-13 in a game where Brady played terrible. (Three picks)
    The Pats 2006 season ended at Indy in the AFC champ. game by blowing a 21-3 1st half lead. (Brady-two 2nd half picks)
    And in the 2007-08 AFC champ game the Pats were lucky to win. (Brady-three picks)
    And we all know how SB 42 turned out.
    In fact, In those four pressure packed post-season games over Bradys last three full seasons, Brady has a 1-3 record, 5 td passes and 6 ints and his qb rating is 74.6.
    I will agree he has been one of the best REGULAR SEASON qbs over the last three seasons, but the post season numbers don't lie.
    You, me and Bill Belichick have no idea how well Brady will play when he returns.
    A good friend will help you move...a best friend will help you move a body.

erik5032 is offline Star Spokesman

I think you are all underestimating BB's Ego... He did it with Bledsoe... he got hurt and they said we are going with Brady... what will stop him from doing it again? IF he did do it, it would send a message saying this is his team and he is the reason they are doing so well... His Ego is huge.

Vikeman is offline Asst. Coach

"erik5032" wrote:
    I think you are all underestimating BB's Ego... He did it with Bledsoe... he got hurt and they said we are going with Brady... what will stop him from doing it again? IF he did do it, it would send a message saying this is his team and he is the reason they are doing so well... His Ego is huge.
    Good point!
    A good friend will help you move...a best friend will help you move a body.

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

"Vikeman" wrote:
    Wow, I think you are all underestimating the business side of Bill Belichick.
    The Pats 2005 season ended at Denver in the div. round 27-13 in a game where Brady played terrible. (Three picks)
    The Pats 2006 season ended at Indy in the AFC champ. game by blowing a 21-3 1st half lead. (Brady-two 2nd half picks)
    And in the 2007-08 AFC champ game the Pats were lucky to win. (Brady-three picks)
    And we all know how SB 42 turned out.
    In fact, In those four pressure packed post-season games over Bradys last three full seasons, Brady has a 1-3 record, 5 td passes and 6 ints and his qb rating is 74.6.
    I will agree he has been one of the best REGULAR SEASON qbs over the last three seasons, but the post season numbers don't lie.
    You, me and Bill Belichick have no idea how well Brady will play when he returns.
    I think Brady is a pretty darn good post season QB too. He did win 3 superbowls and get to a 4th. It's the playoffs, no one wins all the time but I would stack Brady's playoff record against anyone playing today and I think he'd win.

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

"Vikeman" wrote:
    "erik5032" wrote:
    Good point!
    +1
    Never looked at it like that.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast