Page 1 of 13 123 11 ... LastLast
    Vikeman is offline Asst. Coach

Tom Brady trade bait?

With the way Matt Cassell has been playing, It wouldn't surprise me at all if BB put Brady on the market.
    It would be a "Belichick" move if I ever saw one.
    With three follow up surgeries for infections and a whole lot of salary cap space to be gained this is a definite possibility.
    Thoughts????
    A good friend will help you move...a best friend will help you move a body.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: Tom Brady trade bait?

Absolutely no friggin way.

He is a cash cow to the franchise and there is zero chance they give up a money making machine for Cassell.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Doubt it.
    Cassell will be on the block before a three tiem MVP who is still at the top of his game.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

kspurplepride is offline Pro-Bowler

Brady = best Quarterback in football
    Cassel = a career backup

Both are products of their system, but I could throw for 400 yards if I was throwing to Moss and Welker. Tom Brady is the best quarterback in football bar none. Peyton and Eli togethor still aren't the assassin that he is. Both Mannings got bailed out by great play from their defenses, and in Eli's case Plaxico's two greatest games of his career. Brady has had more career comeback wins than any quarterback in history. He's the youngest three time MVP of all time, and has been overwhelmingly steller under pressure deep in the playoffs, something few other quarterbacks can say. Until last year Brady had never played with a 1000 yard reciever in his career, and was still a God among men. Forget all the spygate alligations and whatever else, by the time it is all said done Brady will be remembered as the greatest quarterback of all time, and Cassel will still be an average QB at best.

jessejames09 is offline Ring of Fame

"kspurplepride" wrote:
    Brady = best Quarterback in football
    Cassel = a career backup

Both are products of their system, but I could throw for 400 yards if I was throwing to Moss and Welker. Tom Brady is the best quarterback in football bar none. Peyton and Eli togethor still aren't the assassin that he is. Both Mannings got bailed out by great play from their defenses, and in Eli's case Plaxico's two greatest games of his career. Brady has had more career comeback wins than any quarterback in history. He's the youngest three time MVP of all time, and has been overwhelmingly steller under pressure deep in the playoffs, something few other quarterbacks can say. Until last year Brady had never played with a 1000 yard reciever in his career, and was still a God among men. Forget all the spygate alligations and whatever else, by the time it is all said done Brady will be remembered as the greatest quarterback of all time, and Cassel will still be an average QB at best.
    More like 4.
    ;D

While Brady is the best, no way no how is Cassell a career backup. He just has been until now. I guarantee he will be a starter somewhere, next year, maybe even in purple. If Shaub was worth a 2nd rounder (if memory serves me correctly) than Cassell will be too.

What has Shaub done except sit on the injured list? Cassel will likely finding a starting job next year, but I don't see him being anything like Brady. Look what happened to Pep when he didn't have Moss down in Miami... The Freak has a way of stretching numbers, defenses, and just about everything else. When your playing with the man that will likely break all of Rice's receiving records its pretty easy to look great.

jessejames09 is offline Ring of Fame

"kspurplepride" wrote:
    What has Shaub done except sit on the injured list? Cassel will likely finding a starting job next year, but I don't see him being anything like Brady. Look what happened to Pep when he didn't have Moss down in Miami... The Freak has a way of stretching numbers, defenses, and just about everything else. When your playing with the man that will likely break all of Rice's receiving records its pretty easy to look great.
    If that was for me, very little. In his 2 games he played in ATL he did enough to get traded for a 2nd round pick though. That's all i was using him as a comparison for, and by comparison Cassell has done better than Schaub did in ATL, maybe that has something to do with Moss and Welker but I don't see Cassell going for less than a 2nd.

As for DC I always thought Linehan was the key to his success. Once Scott was gone Culpepper seemed lost, permanently.

"jessejames09" wrote:
    "kspurplepride" wrote:
    If that was for me, very little. In his 2 games he played in ATL he did enough to get traded for a 2nd round pick though. That's all i was using him as a comparison for, and by comparison Cassell has done better than Schaub did in ATL, maybe that has something to do with Moss and Welker but I don't see Cassell going for less than a 2nd.

As for DC I always thought Linehan was the key to his success. Once Scott was gone Culpepper seemed lost, permanently.
    couldn't have said it better myself

Articnv is offline Coach

tom brady was
    the best qb but
    inury problems
    especaily when u ghave 3 surgiers due to infection
    dosnt mean he will be healthy enuff or able to return to pro form out the gate.
    Case in point look at peyton on how long it took him to recover from 2 surgeries

No that was only part of Mannings problem... the other half was his HOF reciever playing like TWill for 6 games. Mannings success is a product of Harrison and Harrison's success is a product of Manning. I dont expect Manning to have nearly the gaudy numbers he has had once Harrison retires

Page 1 of 13 123 11 ... LastLast