Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

TMQ - Summa cum laude

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=easterbrook/071127

Stat of the Week No. 2: The Vikings' defense (21 points) outscored the Giants' offense (17 points).
    The Football Gods Winced: Not only did Eli Manning throw four interceptions, three of them retuned for touchdowns -- three of the four were crazy interceptions. The interception to Darren Sharper was forced into triple coverage when Jersey/A was on its own 13. The interception to Chad Greenway was forced into triple coverage when Jersey/A was on its own 30. But let's not pin the whole loss on Manning -- six Giants defenders surrounded Chester Taylor in the backfield in the second quarter, but none bothered to wrap him up, and Taylor ran for a touchdown.
    Best Purist Drives: With Cincinnati leading 28-6, Tennessee failed on a fourth-and-5 at the Bengals' 18. Cincinnati then staged a 15-play drive that iced the game at 35-6. With Minnesota leading Jersey/A 24-10, the Vikings staged a 14-play drive that made it 27-10, and the Giants were running out of time.
    =Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

Re: TMQ - Summa cum laude

six Giants defenders surrounded Chester Taylor in the backfield in the second quarter, but none bothered to wrap him up, and Taylor ran for a touchdown.

I went absolutely crazy on that touchdown, I was running back and forth in my apartment. I think I broke a picture and a lamp.

I thought it was going to be a loss of yards and I already started thinking field goal. I need to start having more faith.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"C" wrote:
    six Giants defenders surrounded Chester Taylor in the backfield in the second quarter, but none bothered to wrap him up, and Taylor ran for a touchdown.

I went absolutely crazy on that touchdown, I was running back and forth in my apartment. I think I broke a picture and a lamp.

I thought it was going to be a loss of yards and I already started thinking field goal. I need to start having more faith.
    Mental note: Don't invite C Mac over to watch a game... ;D

Actually I know how you feel.
    I jumped up and cheered, woke up my 3 year old who my wife had just gotten to fall asleep for nap, and ran around the room signing Skol Vikings with him.
    For some reason the wife wasn't too happy...
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

IBleedPurple11 is offline Pro-Bowler

"C" wrote:

haha you and me both man! Our blocking was pretty shitty on that play but somehow Taylor squeezed by for a TD. Great run. Chester and Peterson better run all over the Lions this week. We need this win....well, and everyother game this year haha.

*SKOL!*