Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson14 View Post
    Whenever I've seen Seattle on RedZone, at least once i guarantee you will hear "..and Jackson over throws Rice"
    So you've watched it once? It might be slightly humorous if we actually had a QB who had a better completion percentage than Jackson or one who averaged more yards per game than he has.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Hu
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    So you've watched it once? It might be slightly humorous if we actually had a QB who had a better completion percentage than Jackson or one who averaged more yards per game than he has.
    To be fair we have to give Ponder a year or two consecutive years of starts before we can judge him right?

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post

To be fair we have to give Ponder a year or two consecutive years of starts before we can judge him right?
    Yep. Unless he completely tanks next year.

I'm not ready to throw him under the bus for inconsistent pass completions after a few starts like some others have done in the past.

Also, unlike some people (not you) I'm not ready to crown him a franchise QB yet either. I would like to see better than a 52% completion average & some more wins other than a gimmie against a poor team, because of a blown chip shot FG.

Hopefully most fans won't crown him yet like they have Tebow who has yet to have a game where he's completed more than 48% of his passes.

A win tonight would be sweet. Hopefully they didn't take the entire 2 weeks off & did some serious preparation for this game.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired
    Lmfao!

Quote Originally Posted by purple floyd View Post
    hu

to be fair we have to give ponder a year or two consecutive years of starts before we can judge him right?

That would be funny if you actually knew what you were talking about.

T-JOKE 60.6%, 221.6 YPG
    McNabb 60.3%, 171 YPG
    Ponder 51.9%, 184.7 YPG

Not so impressive when you put it on paper, eh?

If I was 9% better than a new hire, I would be fired. Just saying. T-JOKE is suppose to be in his prime, right? A rookie and and a man with no career left. Makes sense though. T-JOKE fans always accepted mediocrity.

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Quote Originally Posted by marstc09 View Post
    Makes sense though. T-JOKE fans always accepted mediocrity.
    Don't you mean Vikes fans in general?
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

That would be funny if you actually knew what you were talking about.

T-JOKE 60.6%, 221.6 YPG
    McNabb 60.3%, 171 YPG
    Ponder 51.9%, 184.7 YPG

Not so impressive when you put it on paper, eh?

If I was 9% better than a new hire, I would be fired. Just saying. T-JOKE is suppose to be in his prime, right? A rookie and and a man with no career left. Makes sense though. T-JOKE fans always accepted mediocrity.
    I know exactly what I'm talking about. This is football & not doing what you're doing.

Using YOUR standards, you wouldn't have a job if you were doing as bad as you claim Jackson's doing, let alone be doing 10% worse.

VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired
    Yep. Unless he completely tanks next year.

I'm not ready to throw him under the bus for inconsistent pass completions after a few starts like some others have done in the past.

Also, unlike some people (not you) I'm not ready to crown him a franchise QB yet either. I would like to see better than a 52% completion average & some more wins other than a gimmie against a poor team, because of a blown chip shot FG.

Hopefully most fans won't crown him yet like they have Tebow who has yet to have a game where he's completed more than 48% of his passes.

A win tonight would be sweet. Hopefully they didn't take the entire 2 weeks off & did some serious preparation for this game.

Apparently not.
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

Come from the land of the ice and snow...

I know exactly what I'm talking about. This is football & not doing what you're doing.

Using YOUR standards, you wouldn't have a job if you were doing as bad as you claim Jackson's doing, let alone be doing 10% worse.
    Jackson no longer has a job on MY football team. I still work at the same place. Crystal clear. Not sure where you are lost. A job is a job. Performance is performance. I perform. T-JOKE does not.

Jackson no longer has a job on MY football team. I still work at the same place. Crystal clear. Not sure where you are lost. A job is a job. Performance is performance. I perform. T-JOKE does not.
    Well if you can't figure out that there's a huge difference between what you do & what a NFL player does, then it's moot to try to explain anything to you.

Right now, like it or not, TJ is out performing Ponder & as YOU claim, performance is performance.

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast