vikes2456 is offline Hall of Famer

Titans vs Giants and Bears vs Patriots

Wow is this an amazing week of football. First the Vikings win which made be happy. Now, I must add that I live in New Jersey, and have to deal with Giants fans every single day. Furthermore, I lost all respect for Eli after his whole draft mess. So, you can guess I developed quite a bit of disdain for the men in blue. Well they just gave up a 21 point lead in the 4th quarter and lost to the Titans.

And then the "unstoppable" Bears fall as well.

Man am I happy right now.

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Titans vs Giants and Bears vs Patriots

This was definately a big week for our Vikes in the playoff picture. The 49ers lost as well, which helps us even though they lost to the Rams.

Things have fallen into place where we now control our own destiny for the most part. We still need a little help (I think) to get in, but if we win out I think we'll make the playoffs.

The whole season comes down to the Bears next week. If we can beat them, then I think we get some confidence and we can go on a roll. If we lose, count us out.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Effing Jints handing the NFC East to the Cowturds though! >
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

I can't stand any of the NFC Least teams.
    It's always nice to see another team fold in the fourth though, especially if a Manning is QBing.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

KFFL
    Titans | Team records biggest fourth-quarter comeback in franchise history
    Sun, 26 Nov 2006 21:01:10 -0800

The Associated Press reports the Tennessee Titans recorded their biggest fourth-quarter comeback in franchise history Week 12 against the New York Giants. The Titans erased a 21-point deficit to win 24-21 over the Giants. QB Vince Young threw two touchdown passes and ran for one touchdown in the final 9:35. He finished the game with a career-high 249 passing yards while completing 24-of-35 passes. According to Elias Sports Bureau, it was the biggest fourth-quarter comeback by a rookie quarterback ever. Former Denver Broncos QB John Elway came back from a 19-point deficit Dec. 11, 1983 against the Indianapolis Colts for a 21-19 win.

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Bummer for the Jints, It is nice to see them fold...refreshing.

=====================================

KFFL
    Giants | Fast facts: Meltdown in Week 12
    Mon, 27 Nov 2006 07:31:59 -0800

Michael Eisen, of Giants.com, reports for the first time in their 82-year history, the New York Giants surrendered at least a 20-point lead in the fourth quarter and lost, according to the Elias Sports Bureau. The Giants were defeated by the Tennessee Titans 24-21 in Week 12.

spikecyrus is offline Rookie

a wild week in the nfl, goes to show that there is no dominant team in the nfc. the playoff race is like a one legged man marathon in the nfc

The NFC is horrid this year.
    Some years it seems like the salary cap and parity have made every team have a chance and there are some good teams rising from the ashes.
    Other years it seems like there are a bunch of mediocre teams posing as good teams based on their record.
    The NFC is a cess pool this year and it's up for grabs.

Giants Inform Titans They Can Hear Post-Game Comments From Other Room
    November 30, 2006 | Onion Sports

NASHVILLE—According to multiple sources, New York Giants running back Tiki Barber walked over to the Titans locker room and informed a celebrating Tennessee squad that his team could hear "everything" the Titans were saying about the Giants' poor performance following their 24-21 loss. "Listen, it's just not very sportsmanlike to call our quarterback a 'choke artist' and our entire team 'an overpaid bunch of losers,'" Barber said to the Titans, who fell completely silent when Barber first entered the room. "Is this what you guys are about? Kicking a team when they're down? Kind of takes away from all that 'good game' crap and hugging we just did on the field, doesn't it? You should all be ashamed of yourselves." While Barber was delivering his speech, the entire Tennessee squad reportedly failed to suppress laughter, forcing Barber to tell them several times that he was serious and didn't know what was so funny.