Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: Titans not interested in re-signing Randy Moss

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1096942
    Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1096938
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1096936
    Heck, alot of the clips they showed of him last night, he wasn't beating single coverage last year.
    Hmm and I can come up with alot of clips to show that he can. When you handpick clips, you can give any opinion you want.

I can make AP look like a bitch if I wanted, I could make Rice look like he can't catch. I can make Troy Williamson look like a stud. When you pick clips to make a point, it needs to be viewed in context.
    Of course you can. So can I. The problem here is THEY the NFLN, not me, put up the clips.

I'm only commenting on what I saw. Got an issue with that, take it up with the NFLN crew.

By the way, they showed alot of them. Sure are alot of teams "Not" doubling him last year.
    So, I'm just saying, they're fully capable, if not moreso of painting any image they want. If they want to say that they think Moss is nearing completion, they'll come up with as many clips of him jogging routes, dropping balls or whatever. If they want to say he's still got gas left and can be a contributor, they'll come up with great plays.

Chazz is offline Coordinator

Re: Titans not interested in re-signing Randy Moss

Quote Originally Posted by "Mr Anderson" #1096898
    Quote Originally Posted by "Chazz" #1096862
    Quote Originally Posted by "Mr Anderson" #1096785
    Quote Originally Posted by "Chazz" #1096772
    Hell, I'm all for bringing him back...sure, he's 1/4 of the player he once was...but I will still take a Moss at 25% over a Berrian at 100%. Rice has really rubbed me the wrong way...I'm not sure I'll ever get over his non-chalantness in the NO game...only to have a 'mystery' injury that "supposedly" happened in the NO game, but forgot to mention to ANYBODY until the next season was about to begin...hmmmmmm, seems fishy to me.
    You might want to check the facts, or at least what was reported, before you make the judgement that an injury is "fishy."

Rice made the injury public pretty early in the off-season. He chose to avoid surgery because one doctor told him that he could recover from it without surgery, despite 2(I think) other doctors' opinions saying he should get the surgery. Training camp rolls around and he has a setback in his recovery, or just hits a plateau, and elects to have the procedure done.
    Well, I looked...and the earliest reporting of it that I can find in July 8. I personally don't call that 'pretty early', as that is 6 months after the NO game. It shouldn't take 6 months to figure out something is not right.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/caplan-thursday-roundup-070810
    My apologies, perhaps I should better practice what I preach. For some reason I recall hearing about the injury earlier in the offseason than that.

Regardless, July 8th is a full 2 months before the season began. Which would have gotten him back by the bye week.

And the team definitely knew about the injury immediately:
    http://www.sidneyrice18.com/2010/08/25/10995-my-surgery-4
    Alright...its all good then. I just know that I didn't hear the news until late. If the team knew about it, that's all that matters. Maybe they should have communicated better...not a Childress strong point.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345