Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Titans not interested in re-signing Randy Moss

Slow receivers do not beat Cromartie deep.

How much slower could he honestly have gotten in 2-3 years, without injuries, after scoring 23 TDs.

Moss' physical ability has never been an issue. Any problem he's had has been mental.

He's a step or two slower than he used to be, but he was the fastest player in the NFL for a while. He probably can't elevate quite like he used to, but again, who have you seen jump higher on a football field? He still has hands, those aren't going anywhere, he's still got a higher football IQ than any receiver I can think of.

If he really wants to be here, it can't hurt. But I think the only place he really wants to play is New England. We don't need any distractions this year. I want the polar opposite of 2010, and Moss with any doubt in his mind can ruin that very quickly.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

A lot can change between the age of 31-34 and he will be 35 right around the time of the SB.

Who knows. Hr will always be my favorite Viking of the past 20 years or so but I also don't want a repeat of what we went through with Tark where he played a year or 2 too long and looked terrible at the end.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1096770
    A lot can change between the age of 31-34 and he will be 35 right around the time of the SB.

Who knows. Hr will always be my favorite Viking of the past 20 years or so but I also don't want a repeat of what we went through with Tark where he played a year or 2 too long and looked terrible at the end.
    Difference is though, when Tark played awful, he hurt the team.

if Moss doesn't play well, we can easily just not throw him the ball.

It's kinda like how we didn't have the option to NOT snap TJ the ball the past five years

Chazz is offline Coordinator

Hell, I'm all for bringing him back...sure, he's 1/4 of the player he once was...but I will still take a Moss at 25% over a Berrian at 100%. Rice has really rubbed me the wrong way...I'm not sure I'll ever get over his non-chalantness in the NO game...only to have a 'mystery' injury that "supposedly" happened in the NO game, but forgot to mention to ANYBODY until the next season was about to begin...hmmmmmm, seems fishy to me.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Tark? You went all the way back to Tark? Was last year just a dream.

Age was not that big of deal to you a year ago, nor was it the year before that.

As it stands today, this is our depth chart at WR;

WR1: Bernard Berrian, Greg Lewis, Juaquin Iglesias
    WR2 Percy Harvin, Greg Camarillo, Hank Baskett

Add to that Seventh round pick Stephen Burton

I'd take a 35 year old Moss over anyone on that depth chart with the exception of Harvin.

One of the biggest selling pitches for Favre was, "He's better than anything we have on the roster right now"

Given the fact we need two starting receivers, where would you rank Moss among that group?

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "singersp" #1096773
    Given the fact we need two starting receivers, where would you rank Moss among that group?

(yes, ladies and gentlemen, I rank him above the 3rd year Harvin)

Blog Entries

Age was not that big of deal to you a year ago, nor was it the year before that.

I'd take a 35 year old Moss over anyone on that depth chart with the exception of Harvin.

One of the biggest selling pitches for Favre was, "He's better than anything we have on the roster right now"

I believe if you would look back to last year I was actually in favor of not bringing Brett back and just going with Sage/TJ. I was also in favor of bringing moss in and was pissed when he was cut. If they do decide to bring him back in I will be fine with it and not get all pissy like you did with Brett. I won't go out of my way to pull up BS comparisons to support another player like you did with Jackson etc. In fact I will be happy to have him on the team because I understand he is not going to be what he once was.OTOH there will be plenty of people who think we would be getting the RM of old and they will start to hack on him when he isn't putting up 2 TD's a game.

As far as the "Anything we have now" comment, I suppose I could pull a Singer and pull stats from WR's who were 34+ years old compared to when they were younger.

Heck, Ocho Cinco could get us the 383 or so yards that Moss had last year.

[quote="Purple Floyd" #1096778]
    If they do decide to bring him back in I will be fine with it and not get all pissy like you did with Brett.
    Wrong again! I believe if you would look back to last year I was actually in favor of bringing Brett back, since he proved me wrong in 2009. Ergo I didn't get pissy when he came back.

But I did soon regret him coming back. Everything I feared would happen if we signed Brett in 2009, came true in 2010.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "singersp" #1096781
    Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1096778

I believe if you would look back to last year I was actually in favor of not bringing Brett back and just going with Sage/TJ. I was also in favor of bringing moss in and was pissed when he was cut. If they do decide to bring him back in I will be fine with it and not get all pissy like you did with Brett. I won't go out of my way to pull up BS comparisons to support another player like you did with Jackson etc. In fact I will be happy to have him on the team because I understand he is not going to be what he once was.OTOH there will be plenty of people who think we would be getting the RM of old and they will start to hack on him when he isn't putting up 2 TD's a game.

As far as the "Anything we have now" comment, I suppose I could pull a Singer and pull stats from WR's who were 34+ years old compared to when they were younger.

Pull a Singer? LOL! You act like I'm the first guy ever to use stats as a tool. Funny thing, the same people who wrongly scoff at those people who use stats, often use them themselves. Including yourself. You were spewing out stats just a day or so ago

What did you base your assessment of the QB draft class on? Gut feel? Highlight videos/clips that only show highlights?
    I called VikingsTW and had him look into their soul.

I can glean a hell of a lot more about how a player will play from watching film of the team games than you can by comparing TJ's stats to those of Manning and any other one you routinely trot out there.

Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1096782
    Quote Originally Posted by "singersp" #1096781
    Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1096778

Pull a Singer? LOL! You act like I'm the first guy ever to use stats as a tool. Funny thing, the same people who wrongly scoff at those people who use stats, often use them themselves. Including yourself. You were spewing out stats just a day or so ago

What did you base your assessment of the QB draft class on? Gut feel? Highlight videos/clips that only show highlights?
    I called VikingsTW and had him look into their soul.

I can glean a hell of a lot more about how a player will play from watching film of the team games than you can by comparing TJ's stats to those of Manning and any other one you routinely trot out there.
    You do understand why they're called highlight films, don't you?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast