Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Titans finally ship McNair to Baltimore.

"Aberration" wrote:
    Considering the Titans would have had to release him so they could sign their rookies, which was a better trade the Culpepper one for a 2nd or this one for a 4th with the possibility of it being a 3rd?
    Better trade

Culpepper for a 2nd, he has a blown out knee and we got a second rounder this year.

McNair was league co-MVP in 2003, he is not hurt at the present time and all they got for him was a 4th rounder next year.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame

Good move for Baltimore and Billick. Gives them a chance to have some kind of offense and maybe allow Billick to keep his job after this year.

Prophet Guest

KFFL
    Titans | McNair trade saves $9 million
    Thu, 8 Jun 2006 05:55:15 -0700

Paul Kuharsky, of the Tennessean, reports the probable trade of QB Steve McNair by the Tennessee Titans to the Baltimore Ravens will provide the Titans huge measure of salary cap relief. McNair's salary cap number for 2006 will be sliced from $23.46 million to $14.46 million, and the Titans will go from roughly $100,000 under the cap to roughly $9.1 million under. McNair was taking up 23 percent of the Titans' $102 million salary cap, and the savings will give the team considerable freedom moving forward. They now have no worries about finding money to cover the contracts of 10 draft picks they will sign in July and may even be able to shop for an additional free agent. The Titans also save another $1 million that was due McNair in September as a penalty for not exercising a $50 million option in the spring. This year will be the last McNair impacts the Titans salary cap. They will carry $14.46 million of dead money charge for him this season.

==========================

POSTED 9:57 a.m. EDT; LAST UPDATED 10:55 a.m. EDT, June 8, 2006
    McNAIR DEAL CRITICIZED
    Mike Florio

Multiple league insiders are questioning the wisdom of the decision of the Ravens to ship to Tennessee a fourth-round pick for a quarterback no one else wanted.

Said one source from a team that has been in the market for a quarterback within the past year, "We wouldn't touch [McNair]." The source said that McNair is regarded as "fragile" and that it was "unbelievable" that the Ravens gave up what they did for him.

Based on reports that the Ravens will give McNair $11 million to sign as part of deal that will extend his contract beyond 2006, another source said that "they have lost their minds."

The other issue here is the timing of the move. With only six weeks or so to go until the Titans would be required to cut McNair and his $9 million salary in order to sign draft picks like Vince Young and LenDale White, it was only a matter of time before McNair hit the open market.

Then again, getting McNair into camp late gives coach Brian Billick ammunition to argue that he should get yet another year to prove that he can turn the Ravens into an offensive juggernaut, if Baltimore can't nudge past Cincinnati and Pittsburgh in a talent-crowded AFC North in 2006. The delayed move also sets the stage for potential acrimony between Billick and G.M. Ozzie Newsome, who curiously has escaped criticism for some questionable free agency and draft moves over the past several seasons. The pissing away of a first-round draft pick on Kyle Boller, for example, routinely is perceived a knock on Billick, not on Newsome.

So if the Ravens can't fly past the Bengals or Steelers this year, we wouldn't be surprised to hear that Billick privately is grousing that the front office made it too hard from him to get his offense together by waiting until June 7 to send a fourth-round pick to Tennessee, when perhaps the same deal (or something close to it) could have been worked out weeks earlier.

Still, even if Billick had four full months to work with McNair before the launch of training camp, we have a feeling that the arrival of the 2003 NFL co-MVP wouldn't make the team much better. Last time we checked, the Ravens needed a lot of help along the offensive line. With an aging, brittle, decreasingly mobile quarterback now parked behind the unit, we think that Boller could be back under center by October.

Not because McNair will be benched, but because he'll be broken.

====================

Deposed Ravens starter Kyle Boller works out with his new co-ed flag football team.
    [size=9px]pft.com[/size]

Prophet Guest

KFFL
    Ravens | McNair signs five-year pact
    Thu, 8 Jun 2006 13:32:32 -0700

Updating previous reports, ESPNews reports the Baltimore Ravens have signed QB Steve McNair to a five-year deal.

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

5 year deal..

He will only play 2-3 im guessing

If he actually doesn't retired after a couple years he will become the back up and Boller will come in

PurplePride80 is offline Star Spokesman

I've always liked Steve Mcnair and I think he's a very good QB.

And now he gets to go to a team, that REALLY needs him.

In my opinion, the Ravens are one of the most talented teams in the NFL. If you look at their roster, it's loaded with great players.

But even after getting Mcnair, I still don't see them reaching the postseason, and that's because the AFC is SO competitive.
    In the P.J.'s, my blend tape plays, bullets are strays
    Young bitches is grazed
    Each block, is like a maze, full of black rats trapped
    Plus the Island is packed
    From what I hear in all the stories when my peoples come back, black

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"PurplePride80" wrote:
    I've always liked Steve Mcnair and I think he's a very good QB.

And now he gets to go to a team, that REALLY needs him.

In my opinion, the Ravens are one of the most talented teams in the NFL. If you look at their roster, it's loaded with great players.

But even after getting Mcnair, I still don't see them reaching the postseason, and that's because the AFC is SO competitive.
    they have some good players, but they are getting old. their defense is still good, but clearly is on a downard sprial. Ray Lewis hasn't played a full season in 2 years, Reed and McCalister are still as good as they get, but everyone else is only adaquate. Jonathon Ogdon is slowing down, i remember watching the Colts/Ravens game last year and Freeney was having his way with him. Jamal Lewis is still a concern, he hasn't had a really good season in awhile, partially due to poor O line play and playcalling, but who knows how he will be. their recievers are nothing to brag about either. they ahve one good reciever and the rest aren't that special. McNair definetially brings leadership and ability to one of their most lacking positions, but i don't think its enough to make them a top team in the league. they will be a decent team, probably going around the 8-8 to 9-7 mark, but no more. they will however spoil a team or two's playoff hopes.

thetrenches68OL is offline Asst. Coach

Hmm this could be an interesting year in the nfl alot of teams are making alot of odd changes
    The Trenches are where Games are Decided

Hutch and K. Will baby

sig by PurplePeopleEaters

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123