Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Time to declare war

"Del Rio" wrote:
    If I was him I would have had my superbowl ring turned into a prince albert, then again Putin probably still would have tried to snatch it.
    OUCH!!!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Vikes is offline Team Alumni

Turns out it was gift.

The rigors of Spartan life. Leonidas is cast out into the wild, and survives the harsh winter to return to his home, when he is crowned King ....a Viking!

6-KINGS Guest

"Vikes" wrote:
    Turns out it was gift.
    Well son of a buck!!!
    I need to get on that Christmas list.

Prophet Guest

"Vikes" wrote:
    Turns out it was gift.
    We must not be weak, we must be ready to defend the ring.

According to cnn.com, "...a senior Kremlin official, Dmitry Peskov, told the AP the ring was a present. "It was offered as a gift to the Russian president in the presence of numerous journalists."

However, a spokesperson for the Patriots, Stacey James, said, "Kraft was traveling and he hadn't talked to him in four or five days, despite e-mails and calls. "He's still overseas, I can't even tell you where. ... He's not due back until next week."

We have a denial from Russia and an "I don't know" from the Patriots. We can remain suspicious until further notice.

If it wasn't a gift it will be a gift, especially if Kraft is forced into taking Del Rio's suggestion about the prince albert piercing. lmao

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Maybe Kraft get an abondoned warship or a nuclear warhead so he can take over the world. :razz:

Prophet Guest

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    Maybe Kraft get an abondoned warship or a nuclear warhead so he can take over the world. :razz:
    LOL, that is why they can't find him. He has something up his sleeve. Never trust an NFL owner is the lesson of the day. Putin will learn the hard way.

DarrinNelsonguy is offline Team Alumni

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    They probably gave him Siberia and with the Patriots luck he will strike oil up there. Just their luck.
    "Hard work beats talent, when talent doesn t work hard."

Prophet Guest

Cease Fire!. Kraft has acknowledged that it was a gift. Call off all the forces now. Russia can live in relative peace again.

Prophet Guest

One more thing. A few excerpts from Florio's take

Kraft said, "Upon seeing the ring, President Putin, a great and knowledgeable sports fan, was clearly taken with its uniqueness. At that point, I decided to give him the ring as a symbol of the respect and admiration that I have for the Russian people and the leadership of President Putin. I have ancestors from Russia, so it added significance for me to know that something so cherished would reside at the Kremlin along with other special gifts given to Russian presidents. It was truly an act of serendipity and one that I am honored to have experienced. It touched me to see President Putin's reaction to the ring and I felt, emotionally, that it was the right way to conclude an exceptional meeting."

Florio's take, "Bull-loney, we say. In our view, the former KGB agent has stones bigger than the Pats' three Super Bowl rings combined. So he pocketed the thing with full knowledge that Kraft wouldn't/couldn't/shouldn't ask for it back.

If, indeed, Kraft had decided on the spot to give Putin the ring when they met four days ago, Kraft would've released a statement on the matter on June 26, at the latest. It would've generated great press for Kraft and the team, and it would've allowed Kraft to avoid the impression that he got punked.

We believe that, in reality, Kraft didn't know what to do in the wake of the awkward incident, and he decided after the story hit the media on Wednesday that the only thing to do was to make like it was a gift all along."
    So, it ends up that Kraft gets his plug, Putin gets the ring, and we don't have to declare war. Diplomacy at its best. We can rest easy until the next NFL fire emerges....maybe a half day?

Last word (for now) on the subject -- who'da thunk that, when all was said and done, the president of Russia would own more Super Bowl rings than Dan Marino, Dan Fouts, and Fran Tarkenton . . . combined? [size=9px]Mike Florio[/size]

ElBarto is offline Starter

Kraft probably works for the CIA and a tiny little bug has been placed in the ring so they spy of the Russians :lol:
    My head is spinning round, I don t know what to do...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast