singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Tiki Barber's agent speaks about the former Giant

[size=13pt]WEB EXCLUSIVE: Tiki Barber's agent speaks about the former Giants' intestinal fortitude and claims he's not going to Tampa Bay [/size]

Friday, February 8, 2008

Posted by Elie Mystal at 5:35 PM
    nypress.com

The transition from feature tailback to talk show sidekick has been rocky for Tiki Barber....

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Tiki Barber's agent speaks about the former Giant

The coach and quarterback who are taking a victory lap through the Tri-State area are simply better at their jobs than they where when Barber took off his pads for the last time.
    Maybe they're better because they don't have this little cry-baby around any more. Nowhere in this essay does the agent mention how Coughlin worked with Barber to improve his ball handling skills when it became apparent he could no longer hold onto the football. He showed him how to carry the ball, and it cut down on his fumbling.

Barber looks so bad, and now he's trying to repair his image. IMO, this is not how one does it. To me, not having him on the SB-winning team was one of the best stories of the Giants season.
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

Come from the land of the ice and snow...

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

I totally forgot about Tiki. Makes the Giants SuperBowl even sweeter. Tiki is a total douche who threw his teammates and coaches under the bus, when in reality it was him and Shockey that were the locker room cancer. I bet Tiki wishes he had played one more year, but then they probably wouldn't have won the superbowl. I hope the next time him and Eli meet up that Eli rubs his ring in Tiki's face.

davike is offline Team Alumni

"jmcdon00" wrote:
    I totally forgot about Tiki. Makes the Giants SuperBowl even sweeter. Tiki is a total douche who threw his teammates and coaches under the bus, when in reality it was him and Shockey that were the locker room cancer. I bet Tiki wishes he had played one more year, but then they probably wouldn't have won the superbowl. I hope the next time him and Eli meet up that Eli rubs his ring in Tiki's face.
    +1 a great post. I especially hope that the "comical" Eli Manning really rubs it in

Thanks Josdin00 for the sig!

ThorSPL is offline Team Alumni

Heh.. "Hey Tiki, I got a manicure... look.. oh, don't let the reflection off the ring blind you..."

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

www.twitter.com/ThorSPL

MaxVike is offline Team Alumni

"VikingMike" wrote:
    The coach and quarterback who are taking a victory lap through the Tri-State area are simply better at their jobs than they where when Barber took off his pads for the last time.
    Maybe they're better because they don't have this little cry-baby around any more. Nowhere in this essay does the agent mention how Coughlin worked with Barber to improve his ball handling skills when it became apparent he could no longer hold onto the football. He showed him how to carry the ball, and it cut down on his fumbling.

Barber looks so bad, and now he's trying to repair his image. IMO, this is not how one does it. To me, not having him on the SB-winning team was one of the best stories of the Giants season.
    Yep, methinks so...also, Shockey's absence and their success are not coincidental IMO.

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

man that must make him sad he didn't get a ring lol

VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired

"MaxVike" wrote:
    "VikingMike" wrote:

Yep, methinks so...also, Shockey's absence and their success are not coincidental IMO.

Oh yeah, I agree. Shockey had a bad habit of coming back to the huddle and telling Eli how open he was, or waving his hands in the air when a ball was over or underthrown. He did work a lot on improving his blocking, but Boss looks pretty good. And Shockey wasn't even on the field with the team during the SB! That sucked.
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

Come from the land of the ice and snow...