Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Results 51 to 60 of 60
  1. #51
    tb04512's Avatar
    tb04512 is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    2,803

    Re: Tiki Barber ignites Eli Manning's fire

    "Zeus" wrote:
    http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7145284?CMP=OTC-K9B140813162&ATT=5

    [size=12pt]Sorry Eli, but Tiki was right[/size]
    Adam Schein
    Special to FOXSports.com, Updated 2 hours ago

    If you read the New York newspapers today, you would believe that Eli Manning firing back at former teammate-turned-sportscaster Tiki Barber is the quarterback's coming-out party as a leader.

    If you talk to Giants fans, like I did on my radio show yesterday, you would believe that Manning not only has found his pulse, but that this could be a turning point for him on the field.

    Excuse me for a minute while I interrupt this Eli Manning love fest.

    I can't believe how this has been spun.

    I had some serious problems with Manning's commentary against Barber yesterday in Albany, N.Y — on a lot of levels.

    I watched Sunday Night Football live this week. I heard Barber and Cris Collinsworth and Bob Costas talk about Manning at the half. I heard the two analysts say that Manning isn't an upper-echelon quarterback and the Giants couldn't trade him for most starting quarterbacks in the NFL straight-up, including the two quarterbacks drafted the same year, Philip Rivers and Ben Roethlisberger. I heard Tiki talk about Manning's awkward speeches and question his leadership. I heard it all.

    Raise your hand if you disagreed with it.

    This was far from breaking news.

    I have to tell you, this was fine television. It wasn't anything more. It wasn't anything less. It wasn't going to win anyone an Emmy. This wasn't "hot stuff." Tiki and company were not reinventing the wheel here. This has been said or written by at least 1,000 people with microphones and notepads. Giants tackle Kareem McKenzie has talked about Manning from a leadership perspective before on the record. Barber's commentary was far from over the top.
    =Z=
    the difference is Tiki was a teammate

    Thanks josdin00

  2. #52
    jmcdon00's Avatar
    jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    8,281

    Re: Tiki Barber ignites Eli Manning's fire

    "Zeus" wrote:
    http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7145284?CMP=OTC-K9B140813162&ATT=5

    [size=12pt]Sorry Eli, but Tiki was right[/size]
    Adam Schein
    Special to FOXSports.com, Updated 2 hours ago

    If you read the New York newspapers today, you would believe that Eli Manning firing back at former teammate-turned-sportscaster Tiki Barber is the quarterback's coming-out party as a leader.

    If you talk to Giants fans, like I did on my radio show yesterday, you would believe that Manning not only has found his pulse, but that this could be a turning point for him on the field.

    Excuse me for a minute while I interrupt this Eli Manning love fest.

    I can't believe how this has been spun.

    I had some serious problems with Manning's commentary against Barber yesterday in Albany, N.Y — on a lot of levels.

    I watched Sunday Night Football live this week. I heard Barber and Cris Collinsworth and Bob Costas talk about Manning at the half. I heard the two analysts say that Manning isn't an upper-echelon quarterback and the Giants couldn't trade him for most starting quarterbacks in the NFL straight-up, including the two quarterbacks drafted the same year, Philip Rivers and Ben Roethlisberger. I heard Tiki talk about Manning's awkward speeches and question his leadership. I heard it all.

    Raise your hand if you disagreed with it.

    This was far from breaking news.

    I have to tell you, this was fine television. It wasn't anything more. It wasn't anything less. It wasn't going to win anyone an Emmy. This wasn't "hot stuff." Tiki and company were not reinventing the wheel here. This has been said or written by at least 1,000 people with microphones and notepads. Giants tackle Kareem McKenzie has talked about Manning from a leadership perspective before on the record. Barber's commentary was far from over the top.
    =Z=
    I'm glad to see that you found one person that agrees with you.
    My opinion is that it is just Tiki being Tiki, a selfish jerk.

  3. #53
    C Mac D's Avatar
    C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    13,539

    Re: Tiki Barber ignites Eli Manning's fire

    He's gonna stink. He is always going to be compared to his brother, which isn't really fair for any quarterback, but
    Eli is especially bad. This didn't "ignite" any fire. This isn't going to propel the Giants into the playoffs. Two other quarterbacks taken below Eli have seen FAR more success than he has, Rivers and Rothlesburger (I know this was mentioned earlier). Just some bored sports writer looking for something to write about. lol. Funny.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

  4. #54
    jmcdon00's Avatar
    jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    8,281

    Re: Tiki Barber ignites Eli Manning's fire

    "C" wrote:
    He's gonna stink. He is always going to be compared to his brother, which isn't really fair for any quarterback, but
    Eli is especially bad. This didn't "ignite" any fire. This isn't going to propel the Giants into the playoffs. Two other quarterbacks taken below Eli have seen FAR more success than he has, Rivers and Rothlesburger (I know this was mentioned earlier). Just some bored sports writer looking for something to write about. lol. Funny.
    I wouldn't say that Rivers has had far more success, he has only played 1 season and was eliminated in the first round of the playoffs just like Eli was. I think Eli is an above average qb who will be starting for someone for a long time. It is unlikely that he will ever put up the numbers of Peyton, but then again nobody in the history of the NFL has put up numbers like Peyton.
    Big Ben although has had much more success that Eli(winning the superbowl) had a worse season last year(17td's to 23ints) than Eli (24td's to 18ints).

  5. #55
    scumpuke is offline Rookie
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    110

    Re: Tiki Barber ignites Eli Manning's fire

    Adam Schein writes:
    I watched Sunday Night Football live this week. I heard Barber and Cris Collinsworth and Bob Costas talk about Manning at the half. I heard the two analysts say that Manning isn't an upper-echelon quarterback and the Giants couldn't trade him for most starting quarterbacks in the NFL straight-up, including the two quarterbacks drafted the same year, Philip Rivers and Ben Roethlisberger . I heard Tiki talk about Manning's awkward speeches and question his leadership. I heard it all. Raise your hand if you disagreed with it.
    --

    WHy on earth should it matter if people agree or disagree with Tiki Barber's bias against Eli Manning? sorry folks but this is completely irrelevant to whether Tiki was right to diss Manning. in fact, now that he's covering football on a major network he's supposed to be unbiased, wouldn't you think? last i checked Tiki wasn't writing an op-ed piece here. if this is the BS we're getting from NBC then you can pretty much write it off as the anti-Giants network. if a guy don't have anything good to say then he shouldn't say anything at all. what if it was Adrian Peterson up there at NBC talking crap about Tarvaris Jackson and the Vikings (hypothetical obviously)?

    and this kind of personal bias is a lot different than someone analyzing a team and making speculations from the outside. Tiki Barber has an intimate knowledge of behind the scenes and he just opened the curtain. Extremely unprofessional IMO.

    Partyin' Purple Style!

  6. #56
    VKG4LFE's Avatar
    VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Hartford, WI
    Posts
    16,013

    Re: Tiki Barber ignites Eli Manning's fire

    They are both idiots, and Manning will have the last laugh. Why, I don't know, but he will.

    I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

  7. #57
    NDVikingFan66's Avatar
    NDVikingFan66 is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,831

    Re: Tiki Barber ignites Eli Manning's fire

    "Zeus" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    They are both spoiled little bitches. Tiki had a alot of yard last year(1600+) but only scored 3 touchdowns and then he announces his retirement midseason, what a bitch move. Now Tiki is in television and is airing the teams dirty laundry for money, I guarentee that in 5 years tiki is not on any major network regularly, he sucks.
    1.
    You do realize that the Giants replaced Tiki with Brandon Jacobs in goal-line situations, right?
    And you do understand that there's not a goddamn thing he can do about that, right?
    I suppose he could stay on the field, accumulating 5-yard "too many men on the field" penalties until the Giants got out of the goal-line situation, at which point Coughlin would substitute him back in - except that Coughlin probably wouldn't substitute him back in because he just cost the Giants penalty yards.

    2.
    Would you rather he had retired just before training camp started?
    Because that fucks the team more than anything else.
    The New York Media Circus was all over Tiki about his future plans, and, quite maturely, rather than make it a constant distraction over the last couple months of the season, he announced his decision earlier than the end of the season, taking attention off the question and putting it back onto what the Giants were doing on the field.
    That may be a "bitch move" in your book, but I disagree 100%.

    3.
    Just as Jerome Bettis spoke about conversations with Cowher last year after HE became an NFL analyst, now Tiki Barber is doing the same thing - HIS FUCKING JOB.
    It's laughable for you to expect that he would not comment on the Giants if asked.
    That's what they PAY HIM TO DO.

    And I laugh at your "guarantee".
    NBC loves Tiki.

    =Z=
    Zeus is a very wise man......well said my friend

  8. #58
    PurplePride80's Avatar
    PurplePride80 is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,980

    Re: Tiki Barber ignites Eli Manning's fire

    "NDVikingFan66" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    They are both spoiled little bitches. Tiki had a alot of yard last year(1600+) but only scored 3 touchdowns and then he announces his retirement midseason, what a beeyatch move. Now Tiki is in television and is airing the teams dirty laundry for money, I guarentee that in 5 years tiki is not on any major network regularly, he sucks.
    1.
    You do realize that the Giants replaced Tiki with Brandon Jacobs in goal-line situations, right?
    And you do understand that there's not a goddamn thing he can do about that, right?
    I suppose he could stay on the field, accumulating 5-yard "too many men on the field" penalties until the Giants got out of the goal-line situation, at which point Coughlin would substitute him back in - except that Coughlin probably wouldn't substitute him back in because he just cost the Giants penalty yards.

    2.
    Would you rather he had retired just before training camp started?
    Because that fucks the team more than anything else.
    The New York Media Circus was all over Tiki about his future plans, and, quite maturely, rather than make it a constant distraction over the last couple months of the season, he announced his decision earlier than the end of the season, taking attention off the question and putting it back onto what the Giants were doing on the field.
    That may be a "beeyatch move" in your book, but I disagree 100%.

    3.
    Just as Jerome Bettis spoke about conversations with Cowher last year after HE became an NFL analyst, now Tiki Barber is doing the same thing - HIS fricken JOB.
    It's laughable for you to expect that he would not comment on the Giants if asked.
    That's what they PAY HIM TO DO.

    And I laugh at your "guarantee".
    NBC loves Tiki.

    =Z=
    Zeus is a very wise man......well said my friend
    Yeah, it's just too bad he acts like his shit don't stink.
    In the P.J.'s, my blend tape plays, bullets are strays
    Young bitches is grazed
    Each block, is like a maze, full of black rats trapped
    Plus the Island is packed
    From what I hear in all the stories when my peoples come back, black

  9. #59
    NDVikingFan66's Avatar
    NDVikingFan66 is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,831

    Re: Tiki Barber ignites Eli Manning's fire

    "TimmyT" wrote:
    "NDVikingFan66" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    They are both spoiled little bitches. Tiki had a alot of yard last year(1600+) but only scored 3 touchdowns and then he announces his retirement midseason, what a beeyatch move. Now Tiki is in television and is airing the teams dirty laundry for money, I guarentee that in 5 years tiki is not on any major network regularly, he sucks.
    1.
    You do realize that the Giants replaced Tiki with Brandon Jacobs in goal-line situations, right?
    And you do understand that there's not a goddamn thing he can do about that, right?
    I suppose he could stay on the field, accumulating 5-yard "too many men on the field" penalties until the Giants got out of the goal-line situation, at which point Coughlin would substitute him back in - except that Coughlin probably wouldn't substitute him back in because he just cost the Giants penalty yards.

    2.
    Would you rather he had retired just before training camp started?
    Because that fucks the team more than anything else.
    The New York Media Circus was all over Tiki about his future plans, and, quite maturely, rather than make it a constant distraction over the last couple months of the season, he announced his decision earlier than the end of the season, taking attention off the question and putting it back onto what the Giants were doing on the field.
    That may be a "beeyatch move" in your book, but I disagree 100%.

    3.
    Just as Jerome Bettis spoke about conversations with Cowher last year after HE became an NFL analyst, now Tiki Barber is doing the same thing - HIS fricken JOB.
    It's laughable for you to expect that he would not comment on the Giants if asked.
    That's what they PAY HIM TO DO.

    And I laugh at your "guarantee".
    NBC loves Tiki.

    =Z=
    Zeus is a very wise man......well said my friend
    Yeah, it's just too bad he acts like his shit don't stink.
    Doesnt that belong in the taking a dump thread???

  10. #60
    PurplePride80's Avatar
    PurplePride80 is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,980

    Re: Tiki Barber ignites Eli Manning's fire

    "NDVikingFan66" wrote:
    "TimmyT" wrote:
    "NDVikingFan66" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    They are both spoiled little bitches. Tiki had a alot of yard last year(1600+) but only scored 3 touchdowns and then he announces his retirement midseason, what a beeyatch move. Now Tiki is in television and is airing the teams dirty laundry for money, I guarentee that in 5 years tiki is not on any major network regularly, he sucks.
    1.
    You do realize that the Giants replaced Tiki with Brandon Jacobs in goal-line situations, right?
    And you do understand that there's not a goddamn thing he can do about that, right?
    I suppose he could stay on the field, accumulating 5-yard "too many men on the field" penalties until the Giants got out of the goal-line situation, at which point Coughlin would substitute him back in - except that Coughlin probably wouldn't substitute him back in because he just cost the Giants penalty yards.

    2.
    Would you rather he had retired just before training camp started?
    Because that fucks the team more than anything else.
    The New York Media Circus was all over Tiki about his future plans, and, quite maturely, rather than make it a constant distraction over the last couple months of the season, he announced his decision earlier than the end of the season, taking attention off the question and putting it back onto what the Giants were doing on the field.
    That may be a "beeyatch move" in your book, but I disagree 100%.

    3.
    Just as Jerome Bettis spoke about conversations with Cowher last year after HE became an NFL analyst, now Tiki Barber is doing the same thing - HIS fricken JOB.
    It's laughable for you to expect that he would not comment on the Giants if asked.
    That's what they PAY HIM TO DO.

    And I laugh at your "guarantee".
    NBC loves Tiki.

    =Z=
    Zeus is a very wise man......well said my friend
    Yeah, it's just too bad he acts like his pooh don't stink.
    Doesnt that belong in the taking a dump thread???
    Nope.
    In the P.J.'s, my blend tape plays, bullets are strays
    Young bitches is grazed
    Each block, is like a maze, full of black rats trapped
    Plus the Island is packed
    From what I hear in all the stories when my peoples come back, black

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Similar Threads

  1. Tiki Barber Plans to Play in 2011
    By vikinggreg in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 04-07-2011, 12:15 PM
  2. Tiki Barber Denies Using the C-Word
    By Prophet in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-22-2008, 12:06 PM
  3. Tiki Barber to join NBC in dual role
    By singersp in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-14-2007, 11:45 AM
  4. Chester Taylor not as steady as Tiki Barber
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 10-28-2006, 11:56 AM
  5. Tiki Barber or Lamont Jordan
    By Bubba_ND in forum Fantasy Football Talk
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 10-23-2005, 07:23 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •