Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 60
  1. #21
    tb04512's Avatar
    tb04512 is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    2,803

    Re: Tiki Barber ignites Eli Manning's fire

    "Zeus" wrote:
    "tb04512" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    3.
    Just as Jerome Bettis spoke about conversations with Cowher last year after HE became an NFL analyst, now Tiki Barber is doing the same thing - HIS FUCKING JOB.
    It's laughable for you to expect that he would not comment on the Giants if asked.
    That's what they PAY HIM TO DO.
    its not his job to rip on his teammates/coaches... a person with some decency would have said yeah we had our differences just like everybody does.. instead of being an asshole and ripping your qb saying it was comical him talking at a offensive team meeting
    Ummm - the Giants aren't his teammates/coaches.
    They are his EX-teammates and EX-coaches.

    And, since the actual article linked above only has a couple of words from Barber's comments (made during halftime of a GIANTS game where he was serving as an analyst), I fail to see how you can say he was "ripping" him since you don't have Tiki's full comments at your disposal.

    Nevertheless - it's not Tiki's job to play patty-cake with his EX-teammates and EX-coaches.
    It's his job to give commentary.
    If he just happens to have some inside information on the Giants, you believe he should hold it in because of some sort of loyalty to the past?

    Give me a fucking break.

    =Z=
    its a dick move on his part, and how could anyone think he isnt lying to their face everytime he talks to them only to go out and bash them later... you should hold it out because of your loyalty football teams are like families, he basically told part of his "family" to fuck off

    Thanks josdin00

  2. #22
    BloodyHorns82's Avatar
    BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    9,691

    Re: Tiki Barber ignites Eli Manning's fire

    "tb04512" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "tb04512" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    3.
    Just as Jerome Bettis spoke about conversations with Cowher last year after HE became an NFL analyst, now Tiki Barber is doing the same thing - HIS FUCKING JOB.
    It's laughable for you to expect that he would not comment on the Giants if asked.
    That's what they PAY HIM TO DO.
    its not his job to rip on his teammates/coaches... a person with some decency would have said yeah we had our differences just like everybody does.. instead of being an asshole and ripping your qb saying it was comical him talking at a offensive team meeting
    Ummm - the Giants aren't his teammates/coaches.
    They are his EX-teammates and EX-coaches.

    And, since the actual article linked above only has a couple of words from Barber's comments (made during halftime of a GIANTS game where he was serving as an analyst), I fail to see how you can say he was "ripping" him since you don't have Tiki's full comments at your disposal.

    Nevertheless - it's not Tiki's job to play patty-cake with his EX-teammates and EX-coaches.
    It's his job to give commentary.
    If he just happens to have some inside information on the Giants, you believe he should hold it in because of some sort of loyalty to the past?

    Give me a fucking break.

    =Z=
    its a dick move on his part, and how could anyone think he isnt lying to their face everytime he talks to them only to go out and bash them later... you should hold it out because of your loyalty football teams are like families, he basically told part of his "family" to fuck off
    Thats because he doesn't need them anymore.
    He doesn't get anything in return from them unless he airs their dirty laundry for everyone to take a gander at.
    I used to like and respect Tiki, but he is appearing more and more like a selfish prick.

  3. #23
    jmcdon00's Avatar
    jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    8,278

    Re: Tiki Barber ignites Eli Manning's fire

    "Zeus" wrote:
    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    And instead of announcing his retirement he couldn't have just said, "There will be no further comment on my retirement status until the Giants season is over, absolutely no comment, your wasting our time by asking, blah blah blah..."
    something along those lines?
    Come on, BH!
    Saying that is the media equivalent of dumping a chum into a school of sharks!

    And, just for the record - Tiki announced that he would retire at the end of the 2006 season following the 10/29 game with Tampa Bay.
    In the games that followed, he recorded 1084 yards rushing, all 5 of his rushing TDs in 2006 and a 234-yard game against the Redskins in Week 16.

    Seems to me as if he made the announcement and then the weight of the issue was lifted from his shoulders and he performed like the All-Pro he was.

    =Z=

    He made the announcement during one of his book signings. The guy tried to take the spotlight away from his team and put it on him so he could sell more books, become more famous, get a tv gig after the season. The idea that he made the announcement for the benefit of the team is laughable. I'm not saying tiki wasn't a great player of a first ballot hall of famer, I am just saying that he could take some lessons in class from a guy like Robert Smith.

  4. #24
    BloodyHorns82's Avatar
    BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    9,691

    Re: Tiki Barber ignites Eli Manning's fire

    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    And instead of announcing his retirement he couldn't have just said, "There will be no further comment on my retirement status until the Giants season is over, absolutely no comment, your wasting our time by asking, blah blah blah..."
    something along those lines?
    Come on, BH!
    Saying that is the media equivalent of dumping a chum into a school of sharks!

    And, just for the record - Tiki announced that he would retire at the end of the 2006 season following the 10/29 game with Tampa Bay.
    In the games that followed, he recorded 1084 yards rushing, all 5 of his rushing TDs in 2006 and a 234-yard game against the Redskins in Week 16.

    Seems to me as if he made the announcement and then the weight of the issue was lifted from his shoulders and he performed like the All-Pro he was.

    =Z=

    He made the announcement during one of his book signings. The guy tried to take the spotlight away from his team and put it on him so he could sell more books, become more famous, get a tv gig after the season. The idea that he made the announcement for the benefit of the team is laughable. I'm not saying tiki wasn't a great player of a first ballot hall of famer, I am just saying that he could take some lessons in class from a guy like Robert Smith.
    Your just upset with him because he didn't score many TDs for you in your TD favored fantasy league!

  5. #25
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re: Tiki Barber ignites Eli Manning's fire

    "tb04512" wrote:
    its a dick move on his part, and how could anyone think he isnt lying to their face everytime he talks to them only to go out and bash them later... you should hold it out because of your loyalty football teams are like families, he basically told part of his "family" to fuck off
    Family?
    Give me ANOTHER fucking break.

    The NFL is a business - all the players and coaches and executives know this.
    A team will toss aside a "family" member the moment they can no longer contribute.
    Or they will trade them the moment they think they can get something better from someone else.


    Now - I don't get that bit you wrote about "lying to their face", because I haven't read anything in any article about Tiki's Sunday Night Football comments that mentions or even implies that he was sharing anything but his own opinion or betraying a confidence that Giants players had with him.

    People bitch and moan and complain about TV commentators who have nothing new and don't offer their own opinions when asked.
    The landscape is littered with the careers of ex-jocks who sucked monkey balls at announcing (see: Eric Dickerson).
    Tiki was asked his opinion and gave it - as he is supposed to do.

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

  6. #26
    jmcdon00's Avatar
    jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    8,278

    Re: Tiki Barber ignites Eli Manning's fire

    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    And instead of announcing his retirement he couldn't have just said, "There will be no further comment on my retirement status until the Giants season is over, absolutely no comment, your wasting our time by asking, blah blah blah..."
    something along those lines?
    Come on, BH!
    Saying that is the media equivalent of dumping a chum into a school of sharks!

    And, just for the record - Tiki announced that he would retire at the end of the 2006 season following the 10/29 game with Tampa Bay.
    In the games that followed, he recorded 1084 yards rushing, all 5 of his rushing TDs in 2006 and a 234-yard game against the Redskins in Week 16.

    Seems to me as if he made the announcement and then the weight of the issue was lifted from his shoulders and he performed like the All-Pro he was.

    =Z=

    He made the announcement during one of his book signings. The guy tried to take the spotlight away from his team and put it on him so he could sell more books, become more famous, get a tv gig after the season. The idea that he made the announcement for the benefit of the team is laughable. I'm not saying tiki wasn't a great player of a first ballot hall of famer, I am just saying that he could take some lessons in class from a guy like Robert Smith.
    Your just upset with him because he didn't score many TDs for you in your TD favored fantasy league!
    pretty much

  7. #27
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re: Tiki Barber ignites Eli Manning's fire

    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    He made the announcement during one of his book signings. The guy tried to take the spotlight away from his team and put it on him so he could sell more books, become more famous, get a tv gig after the season. The idea that he made the announcement for the benefit of the team is laughable. I'm not saying tiki wasn't a great player of a first ballot hall of famer, I am just saying that he could take some lessons in class from a guy like Robert Smith.
    Source, please, for the highlighted portion.

    And Robert Smith's announcement had class?
    Really?
    An out-of-the-blue announcement, not made to the Vikings, but via a FAX to a newspaper?

    That was classy?
    Riiiiiiiiiiight.

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

  8. #28
    tb04512's Avatar
    tb04512 is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    2,803

    Re: Tiki Barber ignites Eli Manning's fire

    "Zeus" wrote:
    "tb04512" wrote:
    its a dick move on his part, and how could anyone think he isnt lying to their face everytime he talks to them only to go out and bash them later... you should hold it out because of your loyalty football teams are like families, he basically told part of his "family" to fuck off
    Family?
    Give me ANOTHER fucking break.

    The NFL is a business - all the players and coaches and executives know this.
    A team will toss aside a "family" member the moment they can no longer contribute.
    Or they will trade them the moment they think they can get something better from someone else.


    Now - I don't get that bit you wrote about "lying to their face", because I haven't read anything in any article about Tiki's Sunday Night Football comments that mentions or even implies that he was sharing anything but his own opinion or betraying a confidence that Giants players had with him.

    People bitch and moan and complain about TV commentators who have nothing new and don't offer their own opinions when asked.
    The landscape is littered with the careers of ex-jocks who sucked monkey balls at announcing (see: Eric Dickerson).
    Tiki was asked his opinion and gave it - as he is supposed to do.

    =Z=
    Fuck that he is garbage on the radio, and he shouldn't throw them under the bus... Are you kidding they are like family how many players in the Nfl say their teammates are like family and the team is a family.
    Fuck Tiki Barber hes a selfish prick who talks shit about a team that, without them would be nowhere

    Thanks josdin00

  9. #29
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re: Tiki Barber ignites Eli Manning's fire

    "tb04512" wrote:
    Fuck that he is garbage on the radio, and he shouldn't throw them under the bus... Are you kidding they are like family how many players in the Nfl say their teammates are like family and the team is a family.
    Fuck Tiki Barber hes a selfish prick who talks shit about a team that, without them would be nowhere
    So, does Darren Sharper still love his Packer family?
    What about Pat Williams and his Bills family?


    Maybe your family shits on you like NFL teams shit on their players - mine doesn't.

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

  10. #30
    tb04512's Avatar
    tb04512 is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    2,803

    Re: Tiki Barber ignites Eli Manning's fire

    "Zeus" wrote:
    "tb04512" wrote:
    Fuck that he is garbage on the radio, and he shouldn't throw them under the bus... Are you kidding they are like family how many players in the Nfl say their teammates are like family and the team is a family.
    Fuck Tiki Barber hes a selfish prick who talks shit about a team that, without them would be nowhere
    So, does Darren Sharper still love his Packer family?
    What about Pat Williams and his Bills family?


    Maybe your family shits on you like NFL teams shit on their players - mine doesn't.

    =Z=
    i guarantee that they both "love" people in their org and dont go out and bash them, its a respect issue

    nfl teams shit on their players? these players are making millions of dollars and say shit about their org, the should stfu and play ball... and my family and i are very tight so fuck off for saying ignorant shit like that

    Thanks josdin00

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Tiki Barber Plans to Play in 2011
    By vikinggreg in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 04-07-2011, 12:15 PM
  2. Tiki Barber Denies Using the C-Word
    By Prophet in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-22-2008, 12:06 PM
  3. Tiki Barber to join NBC in dual role
    By singersp in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-14-2007, 11:45 AM
  4. Chester Taylor not as steady as Tiki Barber
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 10-28-2006, 11:56 AM
  5. Tiki Barber or Lamont Jordan
    By Bubba_ND in forum Fantasy Football Talk
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 10-23-2005, 07:23 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •