Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Tiki Barber ignites Eli Manning's fire

[size=13pt]NFL NOTEBOOK: Ex-mate Barber ignites Eli's fire[/size]

August 22, 2007
    suntimes.com

Tiki Barber wanted a more intense, fiery Eli Manning. Manning gave him what he wanted in a loud voice Tuesday....

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Re: Tiki Barber ignites Eli Manning's fire

The 1st part of this article is the same as above, but there is additional info.

[size=13pt]Eli answers Barber's shots[/size]

Tuesday, August 21, 2007
    theredzone.org

ALBANY, N.Y. (AP) Tiki Barber wanted a more intense, fiery Eli Manning. The New York Giants quarterback gave Tiki what he wanted in a loud ripping voice on Tuesday...

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Eli needed something to light a fire under his butt, maybe he will step up his game to a pro level now. The Chargers must be so happy he forced them to trade him now.

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

They are both spoiled little bitches. Tiki had a alot of yard last year(1600+) but only scored 3 touchdowns and then he announces his retirement midseason, what a bitch move. Now Tiki is in television and is airing the teams dirty laundry for money, I guarentee that in 5 years tiki is not on any major network regularly, he sucks.

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    Eli needed something to light a fire under his butt, maybe he will step up his game to a pro level now. The Chargers must be so happy he forced them to trade him now.

Even though I'm a Vikings Fan, I do follow the Giants some also, it's my Dad's favorite team, and since i"m in CT.
    We get alot of Giants storys here.

Eli is a bust in my book.......He can't hold his fathers or brothers jock...

It's all good to me, because I hate the Giants as much as the Pack....To me the Giants are our # 1 rival when it comes to out of division teams....The Cowgirls being a close second...

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

"NordicNed" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:

Even though I'm a Vikings Fan, I do follow the Giants some also, it's my Dad's favorite team, and since i"m in CT.
    We get alot of Giants storys here.

Eli is a bust in my book.......He can't hold his fathers or brothers jock...

It's all good to me, because I hate the Giants as much as the Pack....To me the Giants are our # 1 rival when it comes to out of division teams....The Cowgirls being a close second...
    I don't know if I'd call Eli a bust.
    He certainly hasn't lived up to expectations, but calling him a bust might be a little extreme.
    Plus he is only entering his third full year as the starter.

firebob is offline Waterboy

"jmcdon00" wrote:
    They are both spoiled little bitches. Tiki had a alot of yard last year(1600+) but only scored 3 touchdowns and then he announces his retirement midseason, what a beeyatch move. Now Tiki is in television and is airing the teams dirty laundry for money, I guarentee that in 5 years tiki is not on any major network regularly, he sucks.
    Tiki is a real wimp for saying that about eli. maybe he's looking for attention since he's not getting any at NBC. TIKI needs to keep his mouth shut. i will never watch him if he's on......

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"jmcdon00" wrote:
    They are both spoiled little bitches. Tiki had a alot of yard last year(1600+) but only scored 3 touchdowns and then he announces his retirement midseason, what a bitch move. Now Tiki is in television and is airing the teams dirty laundry for money, I guarentee that in 5 years tiki is not on any major network regularly, he sucks.
    You do realize that the Giants replaced Tiki with Brandon Jacobs in goal-line situations, right?
    And you do understand that there's not a goddamn thing he can do about that, right?
    I suppose he could stay on the field, accumulating 5-yard "too many men on the field" penalties until the Giants got out of the goal-line situation, at which point Coughlin would substitute him back in - except that Coughlin probably wouldn't substitute him back in because he just cost the Giants penalty yards.

Would you rather he had retired just before training camp started?
    Because that fucks the team more than anything else.
    The New York Media Circus was all over Tiki about his future plans, and, quite maturely, rather than make it a constant distraction over the last couple months of the season, he announced his decision earlier than the end of the season, taking attention off the question and putting it back onto what the Giants were doing on the field.
    That may be a "bitch move" in your book, but I disagree 100%.

Just as Jerome Bettis spoke about conversations with Cowher last year after HE became an NFL analyst, now Tiki Barber is doing the same thing - HIS FUCKING JOB.
    It's laughable for you to expect that he would not comment on the Giants if asked.
    That's what they PAY HIM TO DO.

And I laugh at your "guarantee".
    NBC loves Tiki.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

tb04512 is offline Team Alumni

"Zeus" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    You do realize that the Giants replaced Tiki with Brandon Jacobs in goal-line situations, right?
    And you do understand that there's not a goddamn thing he can do about that, right?
    I suppose he could stay on the field, accumulating 5-yard "too many men on the field" penalties until the Giants got out of the goal-line situation, at which point Coughlin would substitute him back in - except that Coughlin probably wouldn't substitute him back in because he just cost the Giants penalty yards.

The New York Media Circus was all over Tiki about his future plans, and, quite maturely, rather than make it a constant distraction over the last couple months of the season, he announced his decision earlier than the end of the season, taking attention off the question and putting it back onto what the Giants were doing on the field.

Just as Jerome Bettis spoke about conversations with Cowher last year after HE became an NFL analyst, now Tiki Barber is doing the same thing - HIS FUCKING JOB.
    It's laughable for you to expect that he would not comment on the Giants if asked.

NBC loves Tiki.

=Z=
    its not his job to rip on his teammates/coaches... a person with some decency would have said yeah we had our differences just like everybody does.. instead of being an asshole and ripping your qb saying it was comical him talking at a offensive team meeting

Thanks josdin00

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

"tb04512" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:

NBC loves Tiki.

=Z=
    its not his job to rip on his teammates/coaches... a person with some decency would have said yeah we had our differences just like everybody does.. instead of being an asshole and ripping your qb saying it was comical him talking at a offensive team meeting
    Exactly, that was low and dirty of him.

Also, regarding the retirement thing.
    Most NFL players announce their retirement at the END of a season...not preseason, or the middle of the season.
    It is the noble thing to do.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast