Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Prophet Guest

Re: Tice helping the Jags

KFFL
    Jaguars | Del Rio expects explosive running game
    Thu, 22 Jun 2006 06:00:44 -0700

Vito Stellino, of the Florida Times-Union, reports Jacksonville Jaguars head coach Jack Del Rio expects his team to have a potent running game. "We're going to be able to run the ball," he said. "We're going to have an explosive quality to us. We've got the ability to strike from longer distances."

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

"Prophet" wrote:
    KFFL
    Jaguars | Del Rio expects explosive running game
    Thu, 22 Jun 2006 06:00:44 -0700

Vito Stellino, of the Florida Times-Union, reports Jacksonville Jaguars head coach Jack Del Rio expects his team to have a potent running game. "We're going to be able to run the ball," he said. "We're going to have an explosive quality to us. We've got the ability to strike from longer distances."
    Not sure if that's because of Tice. They have Fred Taylor if he stays healthy and they drafted Maurice Drew. I agree with Jacky boy but I don't know if that running game will be explosive because of Tice.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"V-Unit" wrote:
    Red was a silly guy and hired a silly guy interim coach to save some money before he sold the team. Although unfortunate, that doesn't make Tice any less of a silly guy.

Ok that was a bit harsh. I think Tice meant well, but just didn't have the poeple skills or football smarts to be a good head coach. Now that he is back in an assistant role, I hope he does well.
    Red wasn't a silly guy, he was a cheap tightwad asshhat!

So tight he squeaked when he walked.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

red was a môrôn.

edited due to filters =)

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

VikingKen is offline Starter

Tice wanted to be one of the "guys" and you see where that got him. I never heard of a story how Bud Grant dressed in a uniform and came running out onto the practice field. I think some people are just made to be position coaches and there are others that are made for head coach positions. I haven't a clue what one Brad is yet.

A successful coach needs a patient wife, loyal dog, and great quarterback - and not necessarily in that order. -- Bud Grant

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"singersp" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    Tice had to do with half a coaching staff and the cheapest one that Red's money WOULD buy! Give him the coaching staff that Wilf gave Brad and Tice does much better...maybe he even is able to focus on game management. I am pretty sure that if he gets the game management thing down, he can be an effective HC in the league. He was just inserted in the top spot way too soon...if he works hard, he will be back as a HC in this league. Look no further than Belichick's first gig and his second one...like night and day. Not saying that Tice will be the next Belichick...but he most definitely will be better the next time around.
    Saying half a staff is being very generous IMO. But I agree, give him time & he will be a good HC in the future.

He built a hell of a team with what little he had to work with.
    That was what I said to your exes...but they didn't want to be mean! :lol:
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

hold up, moron

k thats what i thought lol

mo ron = moron, pretty sweet, love these filters

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    Tice had to do with half a coaching staff and the cheapest one that Red's money WOULD buy! Give him the coaching staff that Wilf gave Brad and Tice does much better...maybe he even is able to focus on game management. I am pretty sure that if he gets the game management thing down, he can be an effective HC in the league. He was just inserted in the top spot way too soon...if he works hard, he will be back as a HC in this league. Look no further than Belichick's first gig and his second one...like night and day. Not saying that Tice will be the next Belichick...but he most definitely will be better the next time around.
    Saying half a staff is being very generous IMO. But I agree, give him time & he will be a good HC in the future.

He built a hell of a team with what little he had to work with.
    That was what I said to your exes...but they didn't want to be mean! :lol:
    I only have one ex you can say or do all you want with her. The sooner she gets married off, the sooner I can quit payong her all-the-money (alimony) or spousal maintaine as you lawyers call it.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Del Rio Guest

"cajunvike" wrote:
    Last year we had one of the biggest free agency spending spree ever and Wilf owned the team during the season.

Tice sucks.

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

"Del Rio" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    Last year we had one of the biggest free agency spending spree ever and Wilf owned the team during the season.

Tice sucks.
    Tell us how you really fee3l Del Rio.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345