Prophet Guest

Tice gets accolades.

pft.com

...The one good move that the Jags made this past offseason was the addition of Mike "Meathead" Tice to the coaching staff. Though no one would ever confuse Tice with, say, someone who isn't an idiot, he's an effective assistant coach and has a great knack for developing young offensive linemen. As long as they don't ever make him the head coach, the Jaguars will be glad that they got him...

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

Re: Tice gets accolades.

I think Tice would make a fantastic assistant coach. I think he's good for the players. Probably lacks a little leadership and disipline for a HC, but I'd have no complaints if he stepped down to the Vikes assistant coach. Oh well, I wish him the best. He was a very likeable guy IMO.

jaymz7 is offline Asst. Coach

I still like Tice and I still wonder how he would have done if tight wad Red would have let him spend money on quality assistants and players.

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

"Prophet" wrote:
    pft.com

...The one good move that the Jags made this past offseason was the addition of Mike "Meathead" Tice to the coaching staff. Though no one would ever confuse Tice with, say, someone who isn't an idiot, he's an effective assistant coach and has a great knack for developing young offensive linemen. As long as they don't ever make him the head coach, the Jaguars will be glad that they got him...

I think that is a very good summary of Tice, although I really didn't mind him as a head coach.......

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!