Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

Tice: From the frying pan into the fire!

Found this article on Pro-Football Talk today. Although this has nothing to do specifically with Tice, he is the Assistant Head Coach and the last paragraph says to look for Del Rio to be gone. I wonder if Tice will get the head coach job oo if trouble just follows him wherever he goes?

[size=18px]COLLAPSE COMING FOR THE JAGUARS?[/size]

In response to a rash of recent acquisitions of players with character questions, some league insiders now believe that it's only a matter of time before the current power structure in Jacksonville collapses.

One league source attributes the trend to a lack of attention to detail on the part of V.P. of player personnel James "Shack" Harris.

"I knew it would be only a matter of time before it caught up with Shack," said the source.

"Give it a little time," the source added, "that thing will implode and unravel quickly."

Over the past few weeks, the Jaguars burned a second-round pick on UCLA running back Maurice Drew, despite allegations that he beat the hell out of a guy at a Denny's restaurant six days before the draft. The Jags also selected in round seven defensive back Dee Webb, who happened to have four guns, including an AK-47, and whose Florida teammate fired said AK-47 into an adjacent apartment.

After the draft, the Jags signed Tennessee defensive tackle Tony McDaniel, who sucker-punched a guy while playing basketball and then let him lay there, apparently unconscious. Most recently, the Jaguars claimed former Seahawks tackle Wayne Hunter on waivers after the 'Hawks flushed the commode on the former third-round pick.

There's also lingering criticism regarding Jacksonville's decision to pay an eight-figure signing bonus to cornerback Brian Williams, a chronic malcontent who wasn't even a regular starter in Minnesota.

So don't put much stock in the team's 12-4 record from 2005. "They played a horse-shit schedule last year," said the source.

Another source agrees that trouble is on the horizon. "I don't know about [coach] Jack [Del Rio]. I kind of liked him but he is going to have a tough group to control."

We then reminded the source that Del Rio now has the Meathead in town to help keep the inmates from overrunning the asylum. "That's right, he's there too," the source remarked. "How would you like to turn your billion dollar business over to those two guys?"

Our guess? Del Rio and Harris will be gone within two years, and owner Wayne Weaver again will be bemoaning the fact that he can't sell out the stadium -- making a sale of the team to L.A. interests look better and better.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

crazyB is offline Starter

Re: Tice: From the frying pan into the fire!

Tice will probebly get the job even if only for a short time, he had problem's in Minnesota but if they can keep him inline he could probebly do an ok job ( i did say probebly).
    8)

8) crazyB that s Mr crazyB to you 8)

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

Tice will not get the HC job with Jacksonville.. As a coach, if you can't get over the hump with the offensive weapons that we had in Tice's tenture, then he will not make it with any team. Tice is where he belongs, as an Assistant. He didn't deserve to be a HC before, and he sure doesn't deserve it now..

Benet is offline Star Spokesman

Between the Bengals and the Jaguars there are going to be no guys left with character issues available!

What are the Ravens going to do when they can't maintain their quota of convicts in the team?! :grin:

sunny is offline Pro-Bowler

Send them to L.A. quickly. One less option to send the Vikes if the State cant pull their heads out of their (you know) and build a stadium.
    I.B.O.T. #213

pepper 0n moss is offline Pro-Bowler

maaaannnnn.....

living in southern california, i desperately want an L.A. team...

....but i don't want the jaguars!!!

yes, yes, i'd like to have my cake and eat it too.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Makes sense anyway...there shouldn't be more than two teams in FL anyway...and LA is a much better market. Plus that leaves the Vikes in Minny...WHERE THEY BELONG!!!!!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

Move the Raiders back to LA, and also the Jaguars.

badbois is offline Pro-Bowler

until they have issues on the field, I don't think they merit this bashing.

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Benet" wrote:
    Between the Bengals and the Jaguars there are going to be no guys left with character issues available!

What are the Ravens going to do when they can't maintain their quota of convicts in the team?! :grin:
    they'll have to look to trading with the Raiders .. ol' Al loves his badboy team :lol:
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast