Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    ancoin is offline Starter

Re: Tice and Daunte to Oakland

but the trade: i think Al davids will give us the 6. so if DC won't return to Minnesota trade him and draft Jay Cutler

Thank to Lotza

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

It was a combination of sources including the Pioneer Press, SI, and the Viking Rube Chat on KFAN. I know, I know, the rube chat is less than good. But I thought it was an interesting twist.
    What makes it unbelieveable to me is that Tice, Daunte, and Moss were not getting alone last I heard.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

xvikingfan is offline Rookie

Personally,I think Culpepper wanted Moss gone to free up more money himself.But after his mightmare season last year and now bad knee,I can't believe he'd ask for more than the 102 million he's already been promised.I say trade his interception throwing A$$ to Oakland and ask for Moss in return.With Culpeppers contract gone,it'll free up some money .I think Birk was thinking the same thing.He doesn't make a single snap last year and all he's worried about is more money.Say what you want about Moss,but I never heard him cry about money.just not winning.

Vikes is offline Team Alumni

Actually that is a great idea. Moss and Pep were awsome together. I would dump Tice though.

The rigors of Spartan life. Leonidas is cast out into the wild, and survives the harsh winter to return to his home, when he is crowned King ....a Viking!

"xvikingfan" wrote:
    Personally,I think Culpepper wanted Moss gone to free up more money himself.But after his mightmare season last year and now bad knee,I can't believe he'd ask for more than the 102 million he's already been promised.I say trade his interception throwing A$$ to Oakland and ask for Moss in return.With Culpeppers contract gone,it'll free up some money .I think Birk was thinking the same thing.He doesn't make a single snap last year and all he's worried about is more money.Say what you want about Moss,but I never heard him cry about money.just not winning.
    Do you thinks Raiders will trade Moss to Culpepper? i dont think so

Thank to Lotza

---mistake---

Thank to Lotza

"ancoin" wrote:
    "xvikingfan" wrote:
    Do you thinks Raiders will trade Moss to Culpepper? i dont think so
    There is no way they would trade Moss. And there is even less chance the Vikes would take him back. Childress is building a TEAM here and Moss is anything but a team player.

hailtocarter is offline Asst. Coach

"PurpleManiac" wrote:
    I don't think Moss and Daunte get along very well...somehow I just have a feeling that when Moss was still here in MN there was tensions between those two..and personally I believe Daunte is part of the reason we traded Moss away. I just can't see those two reunite again...especially in Raiderland.

Duh...

Damion is offline Waterboy

MnFan_in_Canada- You make it sound like Birk said pay me and I'll play, dont pay me and I wont play. He asked that his contract be guarnteed through 2006. Birk signed an 8 year deal for $31 million back in 2001, the last 3 years of his contract were not guarnated after the 05 season. He never asked for a pay raise or more years, he only wanted the 06 season guaranteed. He told the team he would play through this season with pain killing injections in his injured hip. Team doctors cleared him but management said niew ono. I see both sides of view on this issue, if I were Berk I woulda done the same. Same being said for Viking management, but please dont put Birks name with the likes of all cry babies who cry for more money and then pitch a fit to be traded like Pep is now doing. Eh?

"Damion" wrote:
    MnFan_in_Canada- You make it sound like Birk said pay me and I'll play, dont pay me and I wont play. He asked that his contract be guarnteed through 2006. Birk signed an 8 year deal for $31 million back in 2001, the last 3 years of his contract were not guarnated after the 05 season. He never asked for a pay raise or more years, he only wanted the 06 season guaranteed. He told the team he would play through this season with pain killing injections in his injured hip. Team doctors cleared him but management said niew ono. I see both sides of view on this issue, if I were Berk I woulda done the same. Same being said for Viking management, but please dont put Birks name with the likes of all cry babies who cry for more money and then pitch a fit to be traded like Pep is now doing. Eh?
    When did I ever say anything about Birk?? I have never mentioned Birk in any of my posts anywhere. I think you have me confused with someone else.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast