Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 39
  1. #21
    VKG4LFE's Avatar
    VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Hartford, WI
    Posts
    15,991

    Re: thursday night game

    I heard that the vikes cheesedick game that is on the 21st which is also on NFL network will only be broadcast in Minneapolis, Green Bay and Milwaukee on local tv. Everywhere else on NFL network, so if you don't live in the above mentioned areas you better get NFL network or go somewhere that does.

    I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

  2. #22
    Prophet's Avatar
    Prophet is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    17,388

    Re: thursday night game

    "VKG4LFE" wrote:
    I heard that the vikes cheesedick game that is on the 21st which is also on NFL network will only be broadcast in Minneapolis, Green Bay and Milwaukee on local tv. Everywhere else on NFL network, so if you don't live in the above mentioned areas you better get NFL network or go somewhere that does.
    Or you can pay a couple bucks and watch it on streamtv.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

  3. #23
    T Dogg's Avatar
    T Dogg is offline Rookie
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    65

    Re: thursday night game

    When I saw the title of this thread I thought you guys would be talkin about that MAC championship game last night.
    GO CHIPS!
    But yeah I do agree that it's bull crap that NFL is just trying to milk their fans for as much money as possible.
    It's not like the fans don't spend enough already on tickets and merchandise which are insanely over priced but now let's make them spend another five bucks a month on a TV channel so that they don't miss four games that would've normally been shown for free in the past.

  4. #24
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,601
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: thursday night game

    "happy" wrote:
    "gdavikes84" wrote:
    "happy" wrote:
    i dont see why people get upset with nfl network carrying games on thursday.

    its an extra game a week. now, lets say nfl network didnt have the games, you wouldnt see them anyway since balt vs cincy would be on sunday and your local area doesnt have that anyway.

    and if you live in the local area, you can watch the game on your local tv. and if you dont live in the local area, but you still want to watch it, its either on nfl network or go to a bar.
    Except it wasn't on local TV either.....
    im pretty sure it was for the local teams markets.
    You are correct.
    Games the NFL Network are simulcast on a local broadcast station in each of the primary markets of both teams.
    Note that the primary market is not necessarily "local".
    The NFL defines "locally" as within a 75-mile radius of the stadium, and blacks out games in the "local" area if the game is not a sell out.
    Milwaukee, for instance, is a primary market for the Pukers, but I am pretty sure it is not considered local for blackout purposes.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  5. #25
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,601
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: thursday night game

    "T" wrote:
    When I saw the title of this thread I thought you guys would be talkin about that MAC championship game last night.
    GO CHIPS!
    But yeah I do agree that it's bull crap that NFL is just trying to milk their fans for as much as possible.
    I fault the cable companies as much as the NFL.

    The sad part is I think games on the NFL network are doomed.
    They needed to come out on Thanksgiving with a kick ass broadcast, good analysis and play by play, great film work, and decent half time show.
    Give the fans something fun to watch, like ESPN does on MNF, and the cable companies would have to cave in and pay the $0.70 per customer without rolling the extra cost down to the consumer.

    However, the NFL came out with Gumble the Frog wishy washing his way through the game, which was broad cast half in HD, half in standard.
    The pre game and post game shows were a joke, and the had the exact same halftime show as one of the earlier games.
    An absolute failure IMHO.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  6. #26
    happy camper's Avatar
    happy camper is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,445

    Re: thursday night game

    "T" wrote:
    When I saw the title of this thread I thought you guys would be talkin about that MAC championship game last night.
    GO CHIPS!
    But yeah I do agree that it's bull crap that NFL is just trying to milk their fans for as much money as possible.
    It's not like the fans don't spend enough already on tickets and merchandise which are insanely over priced but now let's make them spend another five bucks a month on a TV channel so that they don't miss four games that would've normally been shown for free in the past.
    in the past, they were only for free if you live in the local markets. if the game is on sunday, and you live outside the market, you dont get to see it anyway. with it on nfl network, its in primetime, on the local markets and seen outside the local markets with nfl network. its completly extra.

    am i missing something here, guys?
    "There is good and there is evil. And evil must be punished. Even in the face of Armageddon I will not compromise."

  7. #27
    T Dogg's Avatar
    T Dogg is offline Rookie
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    65

    Re: thursday night game

    "happy" wrote:
    "T" wrote:
    When I saw the title of this thread I thought you guys would be talkin about that MAC championship game last night.
    GO CHIPS!
    But yeah I do agree that it's bull crap that NFL is just trying to milk their fans for as much money as possible.
    It's not like the fans don't spend enough already on tickets and merchandise which are insanely over priced but now let's make them spend another five bucks a month on a TV channel so that they don't miss four games that would've normally been shown for free in the past.
    only for free if you live in the local markets. if the game is on sunday, and you live outside the market, you dont get to see it anyway. with it on nfl network, its in primetime, on the local markets and seen nationwide. its extra.

    am i missing something here, guys?
    yeah, your missing the fact that in past seasons around this time of year there were nationally broadcast thursday night games on ESPN and other networks that most people could see for free, now if I want to watch those games I have to pay five bucks a month.

  8. #28
    happy camper's Avatar
    happy camper is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,445

    Re: thursday night game

    i can see that point.

    the nfl network is carrying more games however.

    i was just reading on iwantnflnetwork.com, is it just the cable companies keeping nfl network from being free? cause i get it free with my satellite.
    "There is good and there is evil. And evil must be punished. Even in the face of Armageddon I will not compromise."

  9. #29
    snowinapril's Avatar
    snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    13,404

    Re: thursday night game

    "T" wrote:
    "happy" wrote:
    "T" wrote:
    When I saw the title of this thread I thought you guys would be talkin about that MAC championship game last night.
    GO CHIPS!
    But yeah I do agree that it's bull crap that NFL is just trying to milk their fans for as much money as possible.
    It's not like the fans don't spend enough already on tickets and merchandise which are insanely over priced but now let's make them spend another five bucks a month on a TV channel so that they don't miss four games that would've normally been shown for free in the past.
    only for free if you live in the local markets. if the game is on sunday, and you live outside the market, you dont get to see it anyway. with it on nfl network, its in primetime, on the local markets and seen nationwide. its extra.

    am i missing something here, guys?
    yeah, your missing the fact that in past seasons around this time of year there were nationally broadcast thursday night games on ESPN and other networks that most people could see for free, now if I want to watch those games I have to pay five bucks a month.
    Pay the Five Dollars - NFL channel is worth it.
    or
    Complain to the Cable Company
    or
    Get DTV

    It is the same for the NBA too.
    There are some games that they have that the normal audiences won't see.


    Not much you (we) can do about it.

    Both the NBA channel and The NFLN are cool.
    Look for them to take over the whole thing in future.
    ESPN might have to resort to MLS, Poker and NHL in the near future. LOL

  10. #30
    T Dogg's Avatar
    T Dogg is offline Rookie
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    65

    Re: thursday night game

    "happy" wrote:
    i can see that point.

    the nfl network is carrying more games however.

    i was just reading on iwantnflnetwork.com, is it just the cable companies keeping nfl network from being free? cause i get it free with my satellite.
    Yeah I used to have satellite and I also got the NFL network for free.
    Only back then they weren't broadcasting any games.
    It was still a really cool channel though, I watched it all the time.
    The only problem I have right now is that I am in college and live in an apartment complex, I don't know if I have the ability to pay for the extra channel.
    I guess I'd have to look into it but I still don't think it was necessary to take the thursday night games away from the general audience.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. New analysts for Thursday Night football
    By AngloVike in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-10-2011, 05:02 PM
  2. THURSDAY NIGHT GAMES START TONIGHT!!! (10/12/09)
    By Zeus in forum Fantasy Football Talk
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-19-2009, 08:35 AM
  3. REMINDER - THURSDAY NIGHT GAME THIS WEEK!!!!
    By Zeus in forum Fantasy Football Talk
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 11-17-2008, 10:28 AM
  4. What are you going to do Thursday night?
    By COJOMAY in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 08-27-2008, 05:39 PM
  5. NFL KICKOFF THURSDAY NIGHT
    By hovan in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-09-2005, 02:23 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •