Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

Re: thursday night game

"whackthepack" wrote:
    "Vikes" wrote:
    It was on NFL Network. Which is about 5.00 a month more on my cable bill. I actually enjoy it.

That's great if your local cable company offers it, but ours doesn't and I live in Eden Prairie the home of the Viking's!
    You'll get the game on Channel 5, I believe.
    I don't know if we'll be getting it in HD, as well.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

1800CULPEPPER is offline Starter

I get the NFL Network, but I forgot that it was on. It will take a while to get used to Thursday night football. I caught the last minute, the game looked like a real snore.
    I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it!!

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Stupid NFL network. Actually I love that channel, but stupid cable company that doesn't carry it!!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

happy camper is offline Team Alumni

i dont see why people get upset with nfl network carrying games on thursday.

its an extra game a week. now, lets say nfl network didnt have the games, you wouldnt see them anyway since balt vs cincy would be on sunday and your local area doesnt have that anyway.

and if you live in the local area, you can watch the game on your local tv. and if you dont live in the local area, but you still want to watch it, its either on nfl network or go to a bar.
    "There is good and there is evil. And evil must be punished. Even in the face of Armageddon I will not compromise."

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

"happy" wrote:

its an extra game a week. now, lets say nfl network didnt have the games, you wouldnt see them anyway since balt vs cincy would be on sunday and your local area doesnt have that anyway.

and if you live in the local area, you can watch the game on your local tv. and if you dont live in the local area, but you still want to watch it, its either on nfl network or go to a bar.
    It's a covert attempt to keep the whining within NFL circles.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

OchoCinco is offline Coordinator

"happy" wrote:

Except it wasn't on local TV either.....

OchoCinco is offline Coordinator

"AWZeus" wrote:
    [quote]
    "whackthepack" wrote:
    "Vikes" wrote:
    It was on NFL Network. Which is about 5.00 a month more on my cable bill. I actually enjoy it.

That's great if your local cable company offers it, but ours doesn't and I live in Eden Prairie the home of the Viking's!
    You'll get the game on Channel 5, I believe.
    I don't know if we'll be getting it in HD, as well.

=Z=
    [/quote

I got it on DirecTV in HD since they play it both on the NFL network and on the HD channel.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Vikes" wrote:
    This is actually one of the big points of contention between the NFL network and the cable providers who do not carry it.
    The NFL network wants its channel to be part of the basic cable service, much like ESPN.
    Cable companies are balking at the high cost (~$0.70 per customer), and want to offer it as part of a options package.

I actually agree with both side.
    NFLN should be a basic channel, but they need to drastically lower their customer rates, and make their money off from advertising like ESPN does.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion

"whackthepack" wrote:
    "Vikes" wrote:

All that is on my cable is ESPN and NFL Total Access.
    So I guess I am out of luck for NFL Network.
    :-\

WWBGD

happy camper is offline Team Alumni

"gdavikes84" wrote:
    "happy" wrote:

Except it wasn't on local TV either.....
    im pretty sure it was for the local teams markets.
    "There is good and there is evil. And evil must be punished. Even in the face of Armageddon I will not compromise."

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast