Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Thoughts on a possible draft day trade

"VikingMike" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "tgorsegner" wrote:
    1. If they trade off both 3rd round picks, it really hurts the odds of filling all the real needs
    2. If he falls past Baltimore, who is between him and us then, and why would he not drop another 9 spots?
    I'm with this guy.

I don't think we have the CAP to sign a bunch of FA to fix all the little holes we have.

Gonna have to be frugal with who they sign in FA as well as use all the picks they have so that they can address every need.

By the way, I really like your rationale and could possibly see this happening.
    Problem is that if the Tuna does stay at #1 he will probably not take a QB but rather address either his DL or OL via the draft and address his QB issues with a old Vet the way he usually does.

I like the scenario too, very interesting. But I absolutely can't see Parcells not picking Long or Dorsey (not factoring in a trade). IMO, he'll wait to pick up a QB...given the choice, he will always go with the impact D-guy.
    Probably go with Ellis IMHO.
    Dorsey is more of a traditional 4-3 guy and Ellis is a 3-4 guy.
    Not much difference between them with respect to talent level.

Long story short though, I would hate to have any of the first 5 picks this year.
    Talent just doesnt' equate to the money they will demand.
    I bet most of the top 5 teams are working the phones to get out of those picks.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "VikingMike" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "tgorsegner" wrote:
    1. If they trade off both 3rd round picks, it really hurts the odds of filling all the real needs
    2. If he falls past Baltimore, who is between him and us then, and why would he not drop another 9 spots?
    I'm with this guy.

I don't think we have the CAP to sign a bunch of FA to fix all the little holes we have.

Gonna have to be frugal with who they sign in FA as well as use all the picks they have so that they can address every need.

Problem is that if the Tuna does stay at #1 he will probably not take a QB but rather address either his DL or OL via the draft and address his QB issues with a old Vet the way he usually does.

I like the scenario too, very interesting. But I absolutely can't see Parcells not picking Long or Dorsey (not factoring in a trade). IMO, he'll wait to pick up a QB...given the choice, he will always go with the impact D-guy.

Long story short though, I would hate to have any of the first 5 picks this year.

Interesting...I've got him going in a little later.

Re 1st 5 picks - agreed. But not many takers for a trade? What they'd have to give up would probably cost more in the long run.
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

Come from the land of the ice and snow...

"VikingMike" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "VikingMike" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "tgorsegner" wrote:
    I'm with this guy.

Interesting...I've got him going in a little later.

Re 1st 5 picks - agreed. But not many takers for a trade? What they'd have to give up would probably cost more in the long run.
    I have read alot of stuff on him of late much like this but most mocks are now reflecting him in the top 5.

http://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articl...k_Ellis/107810
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

seaniemck7 is offline Hall of Famer

Apparently Ellis DESTROYED people at the senior bowl.
    Reviews i read said he was basically unblockable.

I think he is a certain top 5-6 pick especially after the Giants basically won the Super Bowl because of their front four.
    This is a copy cat league and DL will be coveted this offseason in both the draft and FA.

"seaniemck7" wrote:
    Apparently Ellis DESTROYED people at the senior bowl.
    Reviews i read said he was basically unblockable.

I think he is a certain top 5-6 pick especially after the Giants basically won the Super Bowl because of their front four.
    This is a copy cat league and DL will be coveted this offseason in both the draft and FA.
    I first took note of him during the SB workouts that were televised.
    What a beast.

ThorSPL is offline Team Alumni

I think it would take a lot more than the 2 3rd to move up 9 spots in the first round....

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

www.twitter.com/ThorSPL

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

There is some talk about teams redoing their draft value charts to more accurately reflect the growing price tag that a top ten draft pick demands.
    Very few teams are willing to trade up using the old Jones chart or variants of it because there is WAY too much value placed on a top pick who will further hamper the team salary cap with a huge contract.

PFT is going to be putting one of their own out that takes into account likely salary demands.
    If the teams do the same, I think it will make trading into the top five spots much more feasible.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

NOTE ON MY LAST POST:

I am not saying that I think we should trade up.
    I am saying that it could become more feasible for teams to trade up if they want to.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

I didn't read past your first line, partially because I took issue with it and didn't think I needed to read any more.

Parcells will not draft Matt Ryan with the #1 pick. Ryan is not a #1 draft pick. He's a good quarterback, but he'll never be Peyton Manning. Parcells would never hitch himself to one player like that. Ryan will get a TON of money if he's the first pick, and he's not worth the kind of money Jamarcus Russell or Alex Smith got....but neither are Jamarcus Russell and Alex Smith.

BoysFan24 is offline Training Camp

"ThorSPL" wrote:
    I think it would take a lot more than the 2 3rd to move up 9 spots in the first round....

You forgot about the first...

And to say Matt Ryan won`t be Peyton Manning or he`s not like Jamarcus Russell or Alex Smith (explain to me how they`re similar) isn`t fair to any one of them. He hitched himself to Drew Bledsoe and Phil Simms and got to Super Bowls...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast