Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Caine is offline Jersey Retired
    I would rather allow infinite challenges until you get one wrong. And I think EVERY play should be reviewable. That way, a poorly called game will have a shot at being righted through challenges - and the NFL will have a VERY public indicator of which crews suck bag.

Caine

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    I would rather allow infinite challenges until you get one wrong. And I think EVERY play should be reviewable. That way, a poorly called game will have a shot at being righted through challenges - and the NFL will have a VERY public indicator of which crews suck bag.

Caine
    This, but unfortunately that's exactly why it will never happen. The whole "Slowing the pace of the game" is pure BS. take time to get the calls right. But it will never happen because the NFL will never admit they're wrong.

When the NFLN used ot have Mike Perreria discussing questionable calls, his Refs were never wrong, and he'd just talk in circles, never really giving a reason why it is correct.

Reignman is offline Asst. Coach
    I think every play should be reviewed and monitored as well, but not with the current method of challenge/review. They need a separate crew in a booth handling all that so the game flow isn't disrupted too much.

Coaches shouldn't ever have to challenge anything, the league should be finding better ways to call games. It's almost like the league treats challenges like they're just part of the strategy and responsibility of coaches and that makes it incredibly wrong and flawed.

I noticed the "excuse making" as I called it when it came to Perreria on NFLN as well IBP. However he seems a bit more fair now that he's with Fox. I've actually seen him disagree with a few calls.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Reignman View Post
    I think every play should be reviewed and monitored as well, but not with the current method of challenge/review. They need a separate crew in a booth handling all that so the game flow isn't disrupted too much.

Coaches shouldn't ever have to challenge anything, the league should be finding better ways to call games. It's almost like the league treats challenges like they're just part of the strategy and responsibility of coaches and that makes it incredibly wrong and flawed.

I noticed the "excuse making" as I called it when it came to Perreria on NFLN as well IBP. However he seems a bit more fair now that he's with Fox. I've actually seen him disagree with a few calls.
    Should do what they do in the NCAA and hockey. If it's questionable, they review, no coaches challenge needed. Coaches still get their 2+1 challenges, but any other questionable call can be reviewed at any time by officials.

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired
    I hate how they review every TD. Even though it is nice to get every call right, that is impossible. Challenges have become part of the game. If the coach wants to review a call, throw the flag. If they get it wrong, lose that timeout. Only thing that kind of bugs me about the rule is there is only booth reviews in the last two minutes. Does that mean the last two minutes are more important than every other minute of the game?
    We're bringing purple back.

Caine is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by i_bleed_purple View Post
    This, but unfortunately that's exactly why it will never happen. The whole "Slowing the pace of the game" is pure BS. take time to get the calls right. But it will never happen because the NFL will never admit they're wrong.

When the NFLN used ot have Mike Perreria discussing questionable calls, his Refs were never wrong, and he'd just talk in circles, never really giving a reason why it is correct.
    Commercials slow the pace of the game far more than any challenges ever would....

Reignman is offline Asst. Coach
    Detroit got robbed of a TD today vs GB because it wasn't ruled a TD on the field and thus it wasn't subject to the automatic review rule. I didn't hear why Detroit didn't challenge it themselves, they were possibly out of challenges? Still it was a potential scoring play and another example of how this rule is seriously flawed. Basically the rule is only designed to take away TD's that shouldn't have been and not to give TD's that should've been. Even Pereira chimed in on this play and stated how he didn't like the rule.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12