Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18
  1. #1
    vikingivan is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,993

    things get worse for Falcons, better for Vikings, Dunn expected to miss 6 weeks.

    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2948955

    Another one we won't have to face, great.

  2. #2
    happy camper's Avatar
    happy camper is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,445

    Re: things get worse for Falcons, better for Vikings, Dunn expected to miss 6 we

    I'd rather win because we're good, not because our opponent sucks.
    "There is good and there is evil. And evil must be punished. Even in the face of Armageddon I will not compromise."

  3. #3
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,601
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: things get worse for Falcons, better for Vikings, Dunn expected to miss 6 we

    "happy" wrote:
    I'd rather win because we're good, not because our opponent sucks.
    Me too.
    But for the first game of the season and our home opener, I will take what I can get.
    Our young team will still be learning how to function as a team.
    An early win against the Falcons will go a long way toward building confidence.

    Atlanta Falcons running back Warrick Dunn underwent surgery for a herniated disc last week and is expected to miss six weeks, which would encompass all of training camp, ESPN's Ed Werder reported Wednesday.
    Six weeks will actually be up September 5th.
    My guess is he will be back in time for the regular season, although we don't know to what capacity.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  4. #4
    tb04512's Avatar
    tb04512 is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    2,803

    Re: things get worse for Falcons, better for Vikings, Dunn expected to miss 6 we

    "happy" wrote:
    I'd rather win because we're good, not because our opponent sucks.
    id rather have an opening day massacre so we can build the confidence of the team

    Thanks josdin00

  5. #5
    happy camper's Avatar
    happy camper is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,445

    Re: things get worse for Falcons, better for Vikings, Dunn expected to miss 6 we

    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "happy" wrote:
    I'd rather win because we're good, not because our opponent sucks.
    Me too.
    But for the first game of the season and our home opener, I will take what I can get.
    Our young team will still be learning how to function as a team.
    An early win against the Falcons will go a long way toward building confidence.

    ...or if we lose it breaks the young teams spirit by losing to a weakened team.
    "There is good and there is evil. And evil must be punished. Even in the face of Armageddon I will not compromise."

  6. #6
    happy camper's Avatar
    happy camper is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,445

    Re: things get worse for Falcons, better for Vikings, Dunn expected to miss 6 we

    "tb04512" wrote:
    "happy" wrote:
    I'd rather win because we're good, not because our opponent sucks.
    id rather have an opening day massacre so we can build the confidence of the team
    Yeah. That worked out well for the 2004 Vikings.
    "There is good and there is evil. And evil must be punished. Even in the face of Armageddon I will not compromise."

  7. #7
    tb04512's Avatar
    tb04512 is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    2,803

    Re: things get worse for Falcons, better for Vikings, Dunn expected to miss 6 we

    "happy" wrote:
    "tb04512" wrote:
    "happy" wrote:
    I'd rather win because we're good, not because our opponent sucks.
    id rather have an opening day massacre so we can build the confidence of the team
    Yeah. That worked out well for the 2004 Vikings.
    well you are just mr optimism today arnt you

    Thanks josdin00

  8. #8
    Garland Greene's Avatar
    Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    A, A
    Posts
    6,170

    Re: things get worse for Falcons, better for Vikings, Dunn expected to miss 6 weeks.

    It seems like they are saying 6 weeks from now which would be the end of august 1st week in september. So he may or may not be gone. But If Norwood is the starter and he looks like he would get the bulk in the preseason Atl will be ok in running game.

  9. #9
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,601
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: things get worse for Falcons, better for Vikings, Dunn expected to miss 6 we

    "happy" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "happy" wrote:
    I'd rather win because we're good, not because our opponent sucks.
    Me too.
    But for the first game of the season and our home opener, I will take what I can get.
    Our young team will still be learning how to function as a team.
    An early win against the Falcons will go a long way toward building confidence.

    ...or if we lose it breaks the young teams spirit by losing to a weakened team.
    : That would only happen if we were destroyed, which I really doubt would happen. Honestly, the Falcons would have more to lose from a loss then we will.
    We have a young team who will likely be picked to lose anyway.
    A win would be an upset that would build confidence.
    A loss would be a learning experience.
    As long as we don't have too many learning experiences this season, I'll be happy... ;D
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  10. #10
    happy camper's Avatar
    happy camper is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,445

    Re: things get worse for Falcons, better for Vikings, Dunn expected to miss 6 we

    "tb04512" wrote:
    "happy" wrote:
    "tb04512" wrote:
    "happy" wrote:
    I'd rather win because we're good, not because our opponent sucks.
    id rather have an opening day massacre so we can build the confidence of the team
    Yeah. That worked out well for the 2004 Vikings.
    well you are just mr optimism today arnt you
    I am optimistic, I think we'll win the division.

    I just don't hold out hope for Vick, Dunn, TO, Roy Williams, Favre, LT, and McNabb will all be injured.
    "There is good and there is evil. And evil must be punished. Even in the face of Armageddon I will not compromise."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Bengals' sticky situation worse than expected
    By snowinapril in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-21-2008, 09:29 AM
  2. (Merged) Vikings | M. Robinson expected to miss Week 8 game
    By ultravikingfan in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-25-2006, 03:07 PM
  3. Seahawks | Alexander expected to miss two more games
    By skum in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-17-2006, 06:52 AM
  4. Bennett expected to miss 2 more weeks.
    By Claiborne55 in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-05-2004, 09:53 AM
  5. bennet knee might be hurt worse then expected
    By pudgesoprano in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 09-25-2004, 10:12 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •