Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 83
  1. #21
    tastywaves's Avatar
    tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,879

    Re: Thank God we didn't draft Crabtree

    http://www2.nesn.com/nfl/2009/04/13/...reality-check/

    The question I have is, why should some unproven players get paid like superstars while others get paid like bench warmers?

    Maybe I’m getting ahead of myself here. Let’s first take a look at who is to blame for the high salaries awarded to top NFL draft picks. You certainly cannot blame the agents because they are just doing their jobs.
    And you cannot blame the players because who among us would turn down a contact worth millions of dollars? In 2005, the seventh overall pick was wide receiver Troy Williamson of the Vikings. Is it really his place to turn down a multi-million dollar deal because he cannot catch? Of course not.

    The blame for the explosion in rookie salaries falls on the NFL owners and the NFL Players Association. The owners need to take the brunt of the blame because they do not have to surrender to these players’ demands.
    They could say, “Here is our best offer, take it or leave it.” But they don’t. They are too afraid of losing out on a big time player.

    The second guilty party is the NFL Players Association, which could have and should have implemented rules for rookie salaries. The Players Association is supposed to have the majority of players’ best interests in mind, yet I believe it has taken an incorrect stance on this one. Former Players Association executive director Gene Upshaw was on the record saying that high rookie salaries actually help veterans get more money.
    Don't hate on the players for trying to get what they can, direct the rookie salary issue towards the owners and the NFLPA.
    If they want it changed, they have the power to do it.
    There are a lot of good arguments for high rookie salaries just as there are many good arguments against it.

    Thinking that they should be happy just to be playing the ultimate sport of football at any price is wrong, it is a business, it is their livelihood and they have a gift that rewards a lot of people.
    Even though a lot of rookie players are a bust and a waste of money, there are a number of rookies that are a huge bargain.
    It's a gamble, but thats why they maintain large staffs of talent evaluators to figure this shit out.

  2. #22
    The Dropper's Avatar
    The Dropper is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Portland, Ore.
    Posts
    2,101

    Re: Thank God we didn't draft Crabtree

    "tastywaves" wrote:
    http://www2.nesn.com/nfl/2009/04/13/...reality-check/

    The question I have is, why should some unproven players get paid like superstars while others get paid like bench warmers?

    Maybe I’m getting ahead of myself here. Let’s first take a look at who is to blame for the high salaries awarded to top NFL draft picks. You certainly cannot blame the agents because they are just doing their jobs.
    And you cannot blame the players because who among us would turn down a contact worth millions of dollars? In 2005, the seventh overall pick was wide receiver Troy Williamson of the Vikings. Is it really his place to turn down a multi-million dollar deal because he cannot catch? Of course not.

    The blame for the explosion in rookie salaries falls on the NFL owners and the NFL Players Association. The owners need to take the brunt of the blame because they do not have to surrender to these players’ demands.
    They could say, “Here is our best offer, take it or leave it.” But they don’t. They are too afraid of losing out on a big time player.

    The second guilty party is the NFL Players Association, which could have and should have implemented rules for rookie salaries. The Players Association is supposed to have the majority of players’ best interests in mind, yet I believe it has taken an incorrect stance on this one. Former Players Association executive director Gene Upshaw was on the record saying that high rookie salaries actually help veterans get more money.
    Don't hate on the players for trying to get what they can, direct the rookie salary issue towards the owners and the NFLPA.
    If they want it changed, they have the power to do it.
    There are a lot of good arguments for high rookie salaries just as there are many good arguments against it.

    Thinking that they should be happy just to be playing the ultimate sport of football at any price is wrong, it is a business, it is their livelihood and they have a gift that rewards a lot of people.
    Even though a lot of rookie players are a bust and a waste of money, there are a number of rookies that are a huge bargain.
    It's a gamble, but thats why they maintain large staffs of talent evaluators to figure this shit out.
    I'm not blaming rookies, generally, for this problem. I'm blaming Crabtree, specifically, for being a greedy, selfish git.

    Yes, rookie salaries are inflated. And yes, I don't blame the rookies themselves for accepting ridiculous sums of money based on nothing more than potential (who wouldn't?). But I will call the ones who refuse to accept an already grossly inflated wage that they don't necessarily deserve what they are: selfish pricks.

    No one (except you) said anything about these rookies playing football for "any price." No one is asking them to work for minimum wage, fer fecks sake. I can pretty much guarantee, however, that whatever wage the Niners are offering Crabtree already is a ridiculous amount of money. May not be as much as Crabtree, in his infinite selfishness, wants, but it is no doubt still ridiculous. And if he were playing football because he wanted to be the best, and to win championships, then he would accept it.

    But he hasn't, and is apparently threatening to not play at all instead. Such actions are the height of douche-i-ness.

  3. #23
    kevoncox's Avatar
    kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    5,916

    Re: Thank God we didn't draft Crabtree

    "AngloVike" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "Caine" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    [quote author=kevoncox link=topic=52664.msg979814#msg979814 date=1249576378]
    [quote author=The Dropper link=topic=52664.msg979799#msg979799 date=1249575675]
    What a doooosh.

    Why are you playing football, jerk? Obviously not for love of the game. Obviously not because you want to be the best or win championships. If I were the Niners I wouldn't even want this feck on my team.
    What does the love of the game have to do with with getting your contract right. We beeyatch at players for taking a deal and then holding out when they complain it's unfair. I rather have a player stand his ground and get his contract right and play without any contract disputes.

    He is not going back into the draft. This isn't the 1960's where a player can decide to go back into the draft. In todays game, 1 year off is a killer to YOUNG players. Mike Vick now....that's another case.
    Get his contract right?
    He was drafted as #10 and is asking to be paid like a top 5.
    In a rookie salary situation that is WAY overinflated anyway.
    Again, I am not saying he is entitled to more money. I'm simply saying that I rather it gets taken care of upfront than him coming out of nowhere in 2011 and bitching to the media that he doesn't make enough. How many players do you see bitching in the middle of a contact about not making enough money. We always say, " They signed a contract, they should play it out"

    He is a diva but I rather he be a diva when he is entitled to negotiate his contract than blindsiding the team
    There is no winning position for teams when it comes to rookie contracts because the contracts are insane.

    Teams pony up huge piles of dough to players in the 1st round...and year after year we comment on how many of them wind up as busts.
    But they all walk away set for life.
    Hell, I can suck that bad too, where are MY millions?

    Then you have the guys who overachieve - the third and fourth rounders who come alive in year 3 of their rookie deal.
    They start whining because after ONE season of great numbers, they aren't making money like the elites.
    So they hold out and make all sorts of ruckus...and half of them fizzle after getting big contracts (Javon Walker?).

    Where does any of this make sense?


    It doesn't.

    Rookies should be paid a flat wage - determined by the NFL - for the first 2 years of their careers.
    After which, they would be restricted Free agents.
    No more millions for the #1 guy.
    Maybe 1 million for #1, and reduce it by $10,000 for each player subsequently picked throughout the first round.
    That puts #32 at $690,000.
    Not bad for playing a GAME.

    Everyone else gets rookie wages - whatever that is - for the same 2 year period, with the same restricted Free Agency tag.

    As an added incentive, each player DRAFTED gets a $100,000 bonus if they make the roster, and $50,000 if they don't.

    See, that's after thinking about it for 15 minutes.
    It isn't hard to fix - and it stops ALL the problems cold.
    Of course, that means they'll never do it.

    Caine
    Your idea is on the right track but 1 million is too low. I think it would have to start at 10 million and work it's way down. Your label of a GAME is an insult. Yes we both get up every morning and go to a job we hate but
    so do players. It's not all fun and a great time. These guys give their bodies up for our enjoyment. I doubt a player like Priest Holmes, who has had pooh load of knee and hip injuries, thinks of it as just a game. It's entertainment but it's a job. One they trained for since their freshman year in high school.
    [/quote]

    1 million is too low?? please if they can't hack that then how about using some of that college education that they get and get a job like the rest of us. I'd like to find a job which pays 1 million if it doesn't get to work out for you.
    Getting drafted into the NFL is like going into an apprenticeship as, even though they are good to be drafted, they still have so much to learn about it a pro level. Unfortunately so many look on it as a licence to print money without putting in the groundwork, more so when they have greedy agents and family members advising them.
    [/quote]

    How fair is it to pay a Joe Thomas 1 750K, when he has stepped in and played like a pro bowler from day 1.
    I am all for a Rookie wage scale but it can't go from giving a guy 80 million over 7 years to 1 million over 2 years. It's just not logical. Players who are vets but are just roster holders...would get more money than that. For that reason, I say you give them 1st round pick 10 million over 2 years and work your way down.

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    999

    Re: Thank God we didn't draft Crabtree

    Two year contracts is a terrible idea too IMO.
    I like the idea of developing your guys and letting them stick around.
    Plus, going from 10 million a year to 500,000 a year is way to drastic and the players association would never agree to that.

  5. #25
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re: Thank God we didn't draft Crabtree

    "tastywaves" wrote:
    http://www2.nesn.com/nfl/2009/04/13/...reality-check/

    The question I have is, why should some unproven players get paid like superstars while others get paid like bench warmers?

    Maybe I’m getting ahead of myself here. Let’s first take a look at who is to blame for the high salaries awarded to top NFL draft picks. You certainly cannot blame the agents because they are just doing their jobs.
    And you cannot blame the players because who among us would turn down a contact worth millions of dollars? In 2005, the seventh overall pick was wide receiver Troy Williamson of the Vikings. Is it really his place to turn down a multi-million dollar deal because he cannot catch? Of course not.

    The blame for the explosion in rookie salaries falls on the NFL owners and the NFL Players Association. The owners need to take the brunt of the blame because they do not have to surrender to these players’ demands.
    They could say, “Here is our best offer, take it or leave it.” But they don’t. They are too afraid of losing out on a big time player.

    The second guilty party is the NFL Players Association, which could have and should have implemented rules for rookie salaries. The Players Association is supposed to have the majority of players’ best interests in mind, yet I believe it has taken an incorrect stance on this one. Former Players Association executive director Gene Upshaw was on the record saying that high rookie salaries actually help veterans get more money.
    Don't hate on the players for trying to get what they can, direct the rookie salary issue towards the owners and the NFLPA.
    If they want it changed, they have the power to do it.
    There are a lot of good arguments for high rookie salaries just as there are many good arguments against it.
    As I have quoted elsewhere in PPO, the NFLPA doesn't want it changed.
    They benefit from having these guys make stupid money, if for no other reason than it makes the owners look stupid when they try to call "POOR!"

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

  6. #26
    C Mac D's Avatar
    C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    13,533

    Re: Thank God we didn't draft Crabtree

    Pick'em Up!

    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

  7. #27
    Caine's Avatar
    Caine is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    5,139

    Re: Thank God we didn't draft Crabtree

    "kevoncox]<br" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "The" wrote:
    What a doooosh.

    Why are you playing football, jerk? Obviously not for love of the game. Obviously not because you want to be the best or win championships. If I were the Niners I wouldn't even want this feck on my team.
    What does the love of the game have to do with with getting your contract right. We beeyatch at players for taking a deal and then holding out when they complain it's unfair. I rather have a player stand his ground and get his contract right and play without any contract disputes.

    He is not going back into the draft. This isn't the 1960's where a player can decide to go back into the draft. In todays game, 1 year off is a killer to YOUNG players. Mike Vick now....that's another case.
    Get his contract right?
    He was drafted as #10 and is asking to be paid like a top 5.
    In a rookie salary situation that is WAY overinflated anyway.
    Again, I am not saying he is entitled to more money. I'm simply saying that I rather it gets taken care of upfront than him coming out of nowhere in 2011 and bitching to the media that he doesn't make enough. How many players do you see bitching in the middle of a contact about not making enough money. We always say, " They signed a contract, they should play it out"

    He is a diva but I rather he be a diva when he is entitled to negotiate his contract than blindsiding the team
    There is no winning position for teams when it comes to rookie contracts because the contracts are insane.

    Teams pony up huge piles of dough to players in the 1st round...and year after year we comment on how many of them wind up as busts.
    But they all walk away set for life.
    Hell, I can suck that bad too, where are MY millions?

    Then you have the guys who overachieve - the third and fourth rounders who come alive in year 3 of their rookie deal.
    They start whining because after ONE season of great numbers, they aren't making money like the elites.
    So they hold out and make all sorts of ruckus...and half of them fizzle after getting big contracts (Javon Walker?).

    Where does any of this make sense?


    It doesn't.

    Rookies should be paid a flat wage - determined by the NFL - for the first 2 years of their careers.
    After which, they would be restricted Free agents.
    No more millions for the #1 guy.
    Maybe 1 million for #1, and reduce it by $10,000 for each player subsequently picked throughout the first round.
    That puts #32 at $690,000.
    Not bad for playing a GAME.

    Everyone else gets rookie wages - whatever that is - for the same 2 year period, with the same restricted Free Agency tag.

    As an added incentive, each player DRAFTED gets a $100,000 bonus if they make the roster, and $50,000 if they don't.

    See, that's after thinking about it for 15 minutes.
    It isn't hard to fix - and it stops ALL the problems cold.
    Of course, that means they'll never do it.

    Caine
    Your idea is on the right track but 1 million is too low. I think it would have to start at 10 million and work it's way down. [/quote]

    Why?
    Do you have any concept of how much 1 million dollars is?

    In "Working Mans" terms, it's about 481 dollars per hour.
    Yes, per HOUR.

    If you make $20 per hour, it will take you just over 24 YEARS to earn 1 million dollars.
    Nd what is it that they have done that’s so friggin special that they deserve more than that?

    Nothing.

    "kevoncox]Your" wrote:
    Oh no, I’ve insulted people who play a game for a living by saying that they play a game.
    Somehow I think I’ll survive.
    After
    tours of duty as a Marine and as a Sailor, I don’t really feel obligated to cater to the whims of people who get paid MILLIONS to play GAME.
    Especially since I put a lot MORE on the line, and got paid a LOT less.

    And you say they HATE it?
    Really?
    Well, they can always quit and get a REAL job.
    Of course, they won’t get millions of dollars for doing it…and they won’t have 6 months off every year.
    But why bother?
    Since the overpaid 1st rounders
    already made millions, they have zero need to work – if they’re ven a tiny bit intelligent, and manage their money moderately well.

    Do YOU have that kind of freedom?
    I know I don’t.
    But I’ll bet YOUR job contributes more to the overall good of society than theirs does.

    [quote author=kevoncox]These guys give their bodies up for our enjoyment. I doubt a player like Priest Holmes, who has had pooh load of knee and hip injuries, thinks of it as just a game. It's entertainment but it's a job. One they trained for since their freshman year in high school.
    Again, boohoo.

    Every member of the Military risks far more, yet gets paid squat.
    Policemen,
    Firemen, EMT’s, Paramedics…all risk more and contribute more to society, yet get paid squat comparatively.

    So I should worry about insulting someone who was pampered and catered to since their early teen years?
    Someone who gets paid MILLIONS of dollars to play a GAME for 3 hours, one day a week?


    Somehow, I don’t think so.

    Caine

  8. #28
    The Dropper's Avatar
    The Dropper is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Portland, Ore.
    Posts
    2,101

    Re: Thank God we didn't draft Crabtree

    [quote]"Caine" wrote:

    Your idea is on the right track but 1 million is too low. I think it would have to start at 10 million and work it's way down.
    Why?
    Do you have any concept of how much 1 million dollars is?

    In "Working Mans" terms, it's about 481 dollars per hour.
    Yes, per HOUR.

    If you make $20 per hour, it will take you just over 24 YEARS to earn 1 million dollars.
    Nd what is it that they have done that’s so friggin special that they deserve more than that?

    Nothing.

    "kevoncox]Your" wrote:
    [quote]
    Oh no, I’ve insulted people who play a game for a living by saying that they play a game.
    Somehow I think I’ll survive.
    After
    tours of duty as a Marine and as a Sailor, I don’t really feel obligated to cater to the whims of people who get paid MILLIONS to play GAME.
    Especially since I put a lot MORE on the line, and got paid a LOT less.

    And you say they HATE it?
    Really?
    Well, they can always quit and get a REAL job.
    Of course, they won’t get millions of dollars for doing it…and they won’t have 6 months off every year.
    But why bother?
    Since the overpaid 1st rounders
    already made millions, they have zero need to work – if they’re ven a tiny bit intelligent, and manage their money moderately well.

    Do YOU have that kind of freedom?
    I know I don’t.
    But I’ll bet YOUR job contributes more to the overall good of society than theirs does.

    "kevoncox]These" wrote:

    Again, boohoo.

    Every member of the Military risks far more, yet gets paid squat.
    Policemen,
    Firemen, EMT’s, Paramedics…all risk more and contribute more to society, yet get paid squat comparatively.

    So I should worry about insulting someone who was pampered and catered to since their early teen years?
    Someone who gets paid MILLIONS of dollars to play a GAME for 3 hours, one day a week?


    Somehow, I don’t think so.

    Caine

  9. #29
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,604
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Thank God we didn't draft Crabtree

    "Caine" wrote:
    [quote]
    "kevoncox]<br" wrote:
    [quote]

    Why?
    Do you have any concept of how much 1 million dollars is?

    In "Working Mans" terms, it's about 481 dollars per hour.
    Yes, per HOUR.

    If you make $20 per hour, it will take you just over 24 YEARS to earn 1 million dollars.
    Nd what is it that they have done that’s so friggin special that they deserve more than that?

    Nothing.

    "kevoncox]Your" wrote:
    [quote]
    Oh no, I’ve insulted people who play a game for a living by saying that they play a game.
    Somehow I think I’ll survive.
    After
    tours of duty as a Marine and as a Sailor, I don’t really feel obligated to cater to the whims of people who get paid MILLIONS to play GAME.
    Especially since I put a lot MORE on the line, and got paid a LOT less.

    And you say they HATE it?
    Really?
    Well, they can always quit and get a REAL job.
    Of course, they won’t get millions of dollars for doing it…and they won’t have 6 months off every year.
    But why bother?
    Since the overpaid 1st rounders
    already made millions, they have zero need to work – if they’re ven a tiny bit intelligent, and manage their money moderately well.

    Do YOU have that kind of freedom?
    I know I don’t.
    But I’ll bet YOUR job contributes more to the overall good of society than theirs does.

    "kevoncox]These" wrote:

    Again, boohoo.

    Every member of the Military risks far more, yet gets paid squat.
    Policemen,
    Firemen, EMT’s, Paramedics…all risk more and contribute more to society, yet get paid squat comparatively.

    So I should worry about insulting someone who was pampered and catered to since their early teen years?
    Someone who gets paid MILLIONS of dollars to play a GAME for 3 hours, one day a week?


    Somehow, I don’t think so.

    Caine
    Awesome post.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  10. #30
    kevoncox's Avatar
    kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    5,916

    Re: Thank God we didn't draft Crabtree

    "Caine" wrote:
    "kevoncox]<br" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    [quote author=The Dropper link=topic=52664.msg979799#msg979799 date=1249575675]
    What a doooosh.

    Why are you playing football, jerk? Obviously not for love of the game. Obviously not because you want to be the best or win championships. If I were the Niners I wouldn't even want this feck on my team.
    What does the love of the game have to do with with getting your contract right. We beeyatch at players for taking a deal and then holding out when they complain it's unfair. I rather have a player stand his ground and get his contract right and play without any contract disputes.

    He is not going back into the draft. This isn't the 1960's where a player can decide to go back into the draft. In todays game, 1 year off is a killer to YOUNG players. Mike Vick now....that's another case.
    Get his contract right?
    He was drafted as #10 and is asking to be paid like a top 5.
    In a rookie salary situation that is WAY overinflated anyway.
    Again, I am not saying he is entitled to more money. I'm simply saying that I rather it gets taken care of upfront than him coming out of nowhere in 2011 and bitching to the media that he doesn't make enough. How many players do you see bitching in the middle of a contact about not making enough money. We always say, " They signed a contract, they should play it out"

    He is a diva but I rather he be a diva when he is entitled to negotiate his contract than blindsiding the team
    There is no winning position for teams when it comes to rookie contracts because the contracts are insane.

    Teams pony up huge piles of dough to players in the 1st round...and year after year we comment on how many of them wind up as busts.
    But they all walk away set for life.
    Hell, I can suck that bad too, where are MY millions?

    Then you have the guys who overachieve - the third and fourth rounders who come alive in year 3 of their rookie deal.
    They start whining because after ONE season of great numbers, they aren't making money like the elites.
    So they hold out and make all sorts of ruckus...and half of them fizzle after getting big contracts (Javon Walker?).

    Where does any of this make sense?


    It doesn't.

    Rookies should be paid a flat wage - determined by the NFL - for the first 2 years of their careers.
    After which, they would be restricted Free agents.
    No more millions for the #1 guy.
    Maybe 1 million for #1, and reduce it by $10,000 for each player subsequently picked throughout the first round.
    That puts #32 at $690,000.
    Not bad for playing a GAME.

    Everyone else gets rookie wages - whatever that is - for the same 2 year period, with the same restricted Free Agency tag.

    As an added incentive, each player DRAFTED gets a $100,000 bonus if they make the roster, and $50,000 if they don't.

    See, that's after thinking about it for 15 minutes.
    It isn't hard to fix - and it stops ALL the problems cold.
    Of course, that means they'll never do it.

    Caine
    Your idea is on the right track but 1 million is too low. I think it would have to start at 10 million and work it's way down. [/quote]

    Why?
    Do you have any concept of how much 1 million dollars is?

    In "Working Mans" terms, it's about 481 dollars per hour.
    Yes, per HOUR.

    If you make $20 per hour, it will take you just over 24 YEARS to earn 1 million dollars.
    Nd what is it that they have done that’s so friggin special that they deserve more than that?

    Nothing.

    "kevoncox]Your" wrote:
    [quote]
    Oh no, I’ve insulted people who play a game for a living by saying that they play a game.
    Somehow I think I’ll survive.
    After
    tours of duty as a Marine and as a Sailor, I don’t really feel obligated to cater to the whims of people who get paid MILLIONS to play GAME.
    Especially since I put a lot MORE on the line, and got paid a LOT less.

    And you say they HATE it?
    Really?
    Well, they can always quit and get a REAL job.
    Of course, they won’t get millions of dollars for doing it…and they won’t have 6 months off every year.
    But why bother?
    Since the overpaid 1st rounders
    already made millions, they have zero need to work – if they’re ven a tiny bit intelligent, and manage their money moderately well.

    Do YOU have that kind of freedom?
    I know I don’t.
    But I’ll bet YOUR job contributes more to the overall good of society than theirs does.

    "kevoncox]These" wrote:

    Again, boohoo.

    Every member of the Military risks far more, yet gets paid squat.
    Policemen,
    Firemen, EMT’s, Paramedics…all risk more and contribute more to society, yet get paid squat comparatively.

    So I should worry about insulting someone who was pampered and catered to since their early teen years?
    Someone who gets paid MILLIONS of dollars to play a GAME for 3 hours, one day a week?


    Somehow, I don’t think so.

    Caine
    Your attitude sucks and half the shit you are saying isn't even true.
    Lets talk facts. Football does contribute to society IMHO. It's a source of entertainment and seeing that you frequent a website about football, I bet it's a huge part of your life.

    Next,
    Fact...not all Policemen aid society, some are corrupt. You can add teachers, doctors, lawyers and bankers to that list. Hell you can add any JOB to that list! That's my point, it's a job!

    Fact 3. Comparing yourself to an athlete is stupid. I hate when people compare their pay checks to an athletes. It's foolish. The path you took in life is your own. You were not privileged enough to make it to the NFL so bitching about not having an NFL check is a waste of time. Perharps, if you got up at the crack of dawn and ran and lifted weights as a little boy it may you would be there. Ofcourse you would have to hope that your parents genes combined to provide you with the right genetic traits to get you to the pros. Lets not forget all the other bumps and tribulations that you would have have to overcome to get into the Pros( i.e poor coaching at all levels, change in personal, and lastly playing time). Do you bitch at the top CEOs and ask what they deserve to get paid, when their jobs are easier than most NFL players. They delegate, do a bit of public speaking, smile and get paid out of the wazooo!. Bitching about some young kid that is asking to get paid what he think his abilities are worth, it makes the Bitch'ee sound envious. Green is not a good color on you.

    Fact 4: The money these guys make are going to be in the millions. I'm sorry if arguing over 2 additional million dollars sounds greedy to you but i bet you received/ are receiving wages you feel are fair and in direct comparison to your peers. You are not Mr. Crabtree's peer. The CFO of Traget is not my peer. Him bitching about 2 additional weeks of rental time for the company's Swiss Villa sounds absurd to me but to him and his Peers, it's something to haggle over.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Crabtree?!
    By Formo in forum Fantasy Football Talk
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-20-2009, 02:34 PM
  2. Michael Crabtree...a Viking?
    By norsefan1 in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 09-27-2009, 02:16 PM
  3. Crabtree back to the 2010 draft?
    By AngloVike in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: 09-17-2009, 08:07 AM
  4. Crabtree to Have Surgery Wednesday 3/4.
    By Mr Anderson in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-01-2009, 05:17 PM
  5. (MERGED) OMG...Crabtree
    By ultravikingfan in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-22-2009, 03:43 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •