Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Thank God we didn't draft Crabtree

[size=12pt]Source: Parker tells Niners that Crabtree will re-enter draft[/size]
    Posted by Mike Florio on August 6, 2009 11:52 AM ET

The situation in San Francisco between the 49ers and receiver Michael Crabtree is quickly going from bad to worse.

Per a league source, agent Eugene Parker is telling the 49ers that Crabtree will sit out the season re-enter the draft in 2010, unless the team gives Crabtree what he wants.

Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Thank God we didn't draft Crabtree

That sucks for them and good for us. We have them in week 3!

The Dropper is offline Star Spokesman

What a doooosh.

Why are you playing football, jerk? Obviously not for love of the game. Obviously not because you want to be the best or win championships. If I were the Niners I wouldn't even want this feck on my team.

Json is offline GM

The way I see it this is great news for the Vikes being that the DT, GB picked up was waiting to complete is contract after Crabtree signed so they could get a good feel for what the market value was going to be.
    As for Crabtree what a fool.
    You got drafted 10th because of various reasons.
    I hope this guy does hold out and re-enter the draft next year and slips further down then 10th.

El Vikingo is offline Ring of Fame

He will sign sooner or later, it is just a maneuver ,very typical in soccer for instance...
    El underdog.

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

"The" wrote:
    What a doooosh.

Why are you playing football, jerk? Obviously not for love of the game. Obviously not because you want to be the best or win championships. If I were the Niners I wouldn't even want this feck on my team.
    What does the love of the game have to do with with getting your contract right. We bitch at players for taking a deal and then holding out when they complain it's unfair. I rather have a player stand his ground and get his contract right and play without any contract disputes.

He is not going back into the draft. This isn't the 1960's where a player can decide to go back into the draft. In todays game, 1 year off is a killer to YOUNG players. Mike Vick now....that's another case.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"kevoncox" wrote:
    "The" wrote:
    What a doooosh.

What does the love of the game have to do with with getting your contract right. We beeyatch at players for taking a deal and then holding out when they complain it's unfair. I rather have a player stand his ground and get his contract right and play without any contract disputes.

He is not going back into the draft. This isn't the 1960's where a player can decide to go back into the draft. In todays game, 1 year off is a killer to YOUNG players. Mike Vick now....that's another case.
    Get his contract right?
    He was drafted as #10 and is asking to be paid like a top 5.
    In a rookie salary situation that is WAY overinflated anyway.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"kevoncox" wrote:
    "The" wrote:
    What a doooosh.

What does the love of the game have to do with with getting your contract right. We bitch at players for taking a deal and then holding out when they complain it's unfair. I rather have a player stand his ground and get his contract right and play without any contract disputes.

lots of people hold out, and really, i coudl care less (of course unless their vikings)
    But re-entering the draft is the dumbest thing I've ever heard.
    Take your stance on the matter, but don't fuck over the team that drafted you.

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "The" wrote:
    What a doooosh.

What does the love of the game have to do with with getting your contract right. We beeyatch at players for taking a deal and then holding out when they complain it's unfair. I rather have a player stand his ground and get his contract right and play without any contract disputes.

Get his contract right?
    He was drafted as #10 and is asking to be paid like a top 5.
    In a rookie salary situation that is WAY overinflated anyway.
    Again, I am not saying he is entitled to more money. I'm simply saying that I rather it gets taken care of upfront than him coming out of nowhere in 2011 and bitching to the media that he doesn't make enough. How many players do you see bitching in the middle of a contact about not making enough money. We always say, " They signed a contract, they should play it out"

He is a diva but I rather he be a diva when he is entitled to negotiate his contract than blindsiding the team

The Dropper is offline Star Spokesman

"kevoncox" wrote:
    "The" wrote:
    What a doooosh.

Getting a contract "right" isn't hard. Negotiating the details can be difficult, but if the two sides are negotiating in good faith, they should be able to come to an agreement. And Crabtree is acting like a greedy, ungrateful prick (which he probably is). I have no sympathy whatsoever for him. Even if he took the lowest offer the Niners put on the table it would still be far more than I expect to make in my lifetime. Waaah. Poor Michael Crabtree gets no respect.

There is nothing "unfair" about Crabtree's situation (unless you're talking about the unfairness of fleecing Niners fans so that Crabtree can buy another yacht). Either he wants to play football or he doesn't. And no one who loved the game of football and wanted to win championships would be acting like this toolbag.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast