Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    PackSux! is offline Hall of Famer

Re: Texans work on deal for Bennett

"Redrouster" wrote:
    Good Job Texans. Don't take the best RB this year in the draft so........ take an injury prone, low productive one. The scale tips which way? Here's your sign!
    You must have forgotten that they have a former rookie of the year at runningback and his name is Dominick Davis and he has a nice contract with them. They needed Mario williams more then Reggie(the bust) Bush.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"jdvike" wrote:
    Bennett was a great runner....terrible running back,no vision (as was mentioned)no moves ..I got so tired of watching him run up our linemans back for a loss. The moves and vision are either there or they are not..that stuff can't be coached.
    "westvirginiavikings" wrote:
    It was sickening, all I say him do was run up the middle every time. That's the path to nowhere.
    But that's the play Loney kept calling. Loney is the idiot here, not Bennett.

When he hits the line, there is supposed to be a hole there. If there is nothing but a wall, that's what you're going to get.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

"Redrouster" wrote:
    Good Job Texans. Don't take the best RB this year in the draft so........ take an injury prone. low productive one. The scale tips which way?
    Who was injured more last year, Bennett or Memo? :wink:

And although Memo had more yards, he had only 1 TD to Bennett's 3.

jdvike is offline Hall of Famer

"singersp" wrote:
    "jdvike" wrote:
    Bennett was a great runner....terrible running back,no vision (as was mentioned)no moves ..I got so tired of watching him run up our linemans back for a loss. The moves and vision are either there or they are not..that stuff can't be coached.
    It was sickening, all I say him do was run up the middle every time. That's the path to nowhere.

When he hits the line, there is supposed to be a hole there. If there is nothing but a wall, that's what you're going to get.
    I agree to a certain extent, Loney is a tool.
    But a good back is supposed to be able to bounce outside or inside when the whole is not there...not just go barreling into the back of the OL IMHO

"jdvike" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "jdvike" wrote:

But a good back is supposed to be able to bounce outside or inside when the whole is not there...not just go barreling into the back of the OL IMHO
    It's a timed play. The hole is supposed to be opened up just as he gets there. If the lineman aren't moving their men & making that happen, there's nowhere to go & nothing is being opened up.

Also, Bennett or Memo aren't the type of backs to mak their own holes. If a 300+ pound lineman can't move a defensive lineman, how the hell is a smaller RB supposed to do it.

PackSux! is offline Hall of Famer

"singersp" wrote:
    "jdvike" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "jdvike" wrote:

It's a timed play. The hole is supposed to be opened up just as he gets there. If the lineman aren't moving their men & making that happen, there's nowhere to go & nothing is being opened up.

Also, Bennett or Memo aren't the type of backs to mak their own holes. If a 300+ pound lineman can't move a defensive lineman, how the hell is a smaller RB supposed to do it.

I dont know but Barry Sanders does.

"PackSux!" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "jdvike" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "jdvike" wrote:

I dont know but Barry Sanders does.
    Sanders is a rarity & not the norm.

We don't have a "Barry Sanders" type back.

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni

"singersp" wrote:
    "jdvike" wrote:

exactly singer. bennet did not call the plays, and we have not had a great offensive line of late.
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

jdvike is offline Hall of Famer

"singersp" wrote:
    "jdvike" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "jdvike" wrote:

Yes but there were times, when if he would have just picked his head up, and opened his eyes, he could find some room to run,and I am not talking about him making his own holes.
    Yes... you are supposed run to a designated spot,at a designated time, where the hole should be,but if he had any kind of shakes, he could find room to run...All the good backs make something out of nothing....Bennett only got yards when there was a big hole to run through....It would have been nice to see him break a tackle or two instead of being brought down from the first hit...I liked Bennett, he seems humble, and down to earth, but he was, is, and always will be, a very fast runner, but no more than an average running back....Good luck Mike, but you are wearing the wrong colors now. :wink:

stjmnsota is offline Pro-Bowler

You'll all see. Bush will be a bust.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast