Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 39
  1. #21
    V-Unit's Avatar
    V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,317

    Re: Texans release Keenan McCardell and Tyrone Poole.

    "Garland" wrote:
    "V" wrote:
    Ok I'm just sick and tired of this.

    If the old-timers would just stop referring to Madden the damn thing would go away. It used to be newcomers coming in and making an unintelligent comment, but now the fact that a thread like this happens because an old-timer mentions Madden just pisses me off.

    Let it die people.
    First of all you are demeaning the guy for no reason.
    Second of all it just plain ruins threads. I don't get how mentioning Madden is more simple than posting your opinion on the player.

    The guy is merely frustated because he tries to have an intelligent conversation about a player, but instead is kicked to the curb. How many posts have there been about McCardell in this thread? 3? Usually I don't like to assign blame but its pretty clear that the thread got out of hand once someone mentioned Madden.

    If you are sick and tired of these threads, don't read them. Believe it or not some fans actually want to talk about any player who may be able to help their team win.

    Now, on McCardell, I think he would be a waste of a roster spot. I can't imagine cutting any of the current WRs for him (now that McMullen is gone). I'm sure he'll be picked up somewhere. But if not and a WR gets injured, he is the type of guy we would want to sign midseason.
    I hear what you are saying V BUT, the whole this person gets realeased , should we pick him up is getting old to, That is why teh whole madden joke was started in the first place, Do we really need a thread for every player that gets released to ask if we really need him on our team? The answer is simply NO. If he wants people to respect his opinion than everyone else does not have the right to express theirs? I don't cosider myself an "old Timer" but quite honestly people are just tired of the thread after thread of we should pick them up. That what is getting old.
    These kinds of threads happen every preseaon. They are simply unavoidable. That will never change, its just a fact. It's so simple to just not post in a thread like this if you don't like it. It's really that simple.

    Opinions about McCardell are not being shared here. That is a lot worse than reading a new thread about a new cut every 5 minutes IMO.

    Furthermore, it is totally understandable that people are sick and tired of threads like these, but to add to the situation by making sarcastic comments only makes the situation worse. A bunch of great posters made really bad posts in this thread.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet


    Thanks Josdin!

  2. #22
    snowinapril's Avatar
    snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    13,404

    Re: Texans release Keenan McCardell and Tyrone Poole.

    "marstc09" wrote:
    "V" wrote:
    Ok I'm just sick and tired of this.

    If the old-timers would just stop referring to Madden the gol 'darnit thing would go away. It used to be newcomers coming in and making an unintelligent comment, but now the fact that a thread like this happens because an old-timer mentions Madden just pisses me off.

    Let it die people.
    First of all you are demeaning the guy for no reason.
    Second of all it just plain ruins threads. I don't get how mentioning Madden is more simple than posting your opinion on the player.

    The guy is merely frustated because he tries to have an intelligent conversation about a player, but instead is kicked to the curb. How many posts have there been about McCardell in this thread? 3? Usually I don't like to assign blame but its pretty clear that the thread got out of hand once someone mentioned Madden.

    If you are sick and tired of these threads, don't read them. Believe it or not some fans actually want to talk about any player who may be able to help their team win.

    Now, on McCardell, I think he would be a waste of a roster spot. I can't imagine cutting any of the current WRs for him (now that McMullen is gone). I'm sure he'll be picked up somewhere. But if not and a WR gets injured, he is the type of guy we would want to sign midseason.
    Thank you. At least someone here has a brain. If you want people to stick around this site and keep posting why would you insult their posts. This does not seem logical to me. I do know what the hell I am talking about and do not owe anybody an apology. I do not care how long he has been here. Does that make him king and superior to me in intelligence. Doubt it! You also stated that he is well liked. I am not here to win a popularity contest. I am here to talk Vikings football.
    To all that read this thread:

    Webby's golden rule is to respect other (all) members that are deserving of respect.
    Basically, if you are not a Troll and you are not an asshole, you deserve respect as long as you are still being respectful to others.


    Seniority is no get out of jail free card!

    As far as being tired of thread comments.......... There are appropriate places to post threads and as long as it is done correctly, then that will save everyone time.
    It is ok for all members (fans of the Vikes) to start threads and post in threads if they feel it is relevant.
    This thread for instance is in the proper forum, post away if you have interest or stay away if you don't.
    Simple!
    Members that feel they have to post or have to read every thread eventually will post something they shouldn't.
    Insert foot in mouth, been there done that.
    LOL!

    This is a Viking Fan website.
    We have already determined there is no level of fandom, you are or you are not.
    Therefore, we are all fans of the Vikings equally.


    Part of carrying on a good conversation is the invitation of ideas and opinions that may not be the same as the ideas that we hold dear to ourselves.
    It is called diversity.
    If we don't encourage diversity of opinions from our own Viking Fans, what is the point of being a member of a Viking Fan website.
    We might as well all be sheep (and who wants to be a sheep with all those Packer Fans looking for dates, for reference that comment wasn't respectful to Packer Fans) or lemmings headed for the cliff.

    Thanks for reading,
    Snow

  3. #23
    marstc09's Avatar
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Posts
    23,179

    Re: Texans release Keenan McCardell and Tyrone Poole.

    "snowinapril" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "V" wrote:
    Ok I'm just sick and tired of this.

    If the old-timers would just stop referring to Madden the gol 'darnit thing would go away. It used to be newcomers coming in and making an unintelligent comment, but now the fact that a thread like this happens because an old-timer mentions Madden just pisses me off.

    Let it die people.
    First of all you are demeaning the guy for no reason.
    Second of all it just plain ruins threads. I don't get how mentioning Madden is more simple than posting your opinion on the player.

    The guy is merely frustated because he tries to have an intelligent conversation about a player, but instead is kicked to the curb. How many posts have there been about McCardell in this thread? 3? Usually I don't like to assign blame but its pretty clear that the thread got out of hand once someone mentioned Madden.

    If you are sick and tired of these threads, don't read them. Believe it or not some fans actually want to talk about any player who may be able to help their team win.

    Now, on McCardell, I think he would be a waste of a roster spot. I can't imagine cutting any of the current WRs for him (now that McMullen is gone). I'm sure he'll be picked up somewhere. But if not and a WR gets injured, he is the type of guy we would want to sign midseason.
    Thank you. At least someone here has a brain. If you want people to stick around this site and keep posting why would you insult their posts. This does not seem logical to me. I do know what the hell I am talking about and do not owe anybody an apology. I do not care how long he has been here. Does that make him king and superior to me in intelligence. Doubt it! You also stated that he is well liked. I am not here to win a popularity contest. I am here to talk Vikings football.
    To all that read this thread:

    Webby's golden rule is to respect other (all) members that are deserving of respect.
    Basically, if you are not a Troll and you are not an donkey butt, you deserve respect as long as you are still being respectful to others.


    Seniority is no get out of jail free card!

    As far as being tired of thread comments.......... There are appropriate places to post threads and as long as it is done correctly, then that will save everyone time.
    It is ok for all members (fans of the Vikes) to start threads and post in threads if they feel it is relevant.
    This thread for instance is in the proper forum, post away if you have interest or stay away if you don't.
    Simple!
    Members that feel they have to post or have to read every thread eventually will post something they shouldn't.
    Insert foot in mouth, been there done that.
    LOL!

    This is a Viking Fan website.
    We have already determined there is no level of fandom, you are or you are not.
    Therefore, we are all fans of the Vikings equally.


    Part of carrying on a good conversation is the invitation of ideas and opinions that may not be the same as the ideas that we hold dear to ourselves.

    It is called diversity.
    If we don't encourage diversity of opinions from our own Viking Fans, what is the point of being a member of a Viking Fan website.
    We might as well all be sheep (and who wants to be a sheep with all those Packer Fans looking for dates, for reference that comment wasn't respectful to Packer Fans) or lemmings headed for the cliff.

    Thanks for reading,
    Snow
    SKOL!

  4. #24
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,909

    Re: Texans release Keenan McCardell and Tyrone Poole.

    "marstc09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    Should we pick up any of these guys? I wouldn't mind Keenan.
    Dude, do you just sit there waiting for someone to get realeased so you can start a thread?

    The "Madden Rating" joke has more than been worn out.
    My use of it isn't so much a slam on Madden the game but rather to posters who can't/don't know that thier is a difference between how the game is played in Madden and how the game is really played in real life.

    Usually they can be identified as starters of threads such as this.

    :
    Hey jerk, what is your roll to just make fun of posts and not make an intelligent one. You obviously have some issues you need to deal with. I feel so sorry for you. Who cares if someone wants to sign him.
    That is their opinion.
    Who do you think you are? Some sort of genius who knows all. Get a life and wake the hell up.
    It is not your world. In my opinion Keenan is worth looking at as well as Tyrone Poole. You do not like it go cry to someone who cares. Our CBs look thin and I think Tyrone would be an ok pickup. As for the Madden comments I am pretty sure they know the difference between the game and real life so get off their backs. Your comment was pointless and me writing this was a waste of my time but necessary.
    I have been asked by a mod to address this in a PM to you.
    You should have it shortly my friend.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  5. #25
    marstc09's Avatar
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Posts
    23,179

    Re: Texans release Keenan McCardell and Tyrone Poole.

    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    Should we pick up any of these guys? I wouldn't mind Keenan.
    Dude, do you just sit there waiting for someone to get realeased so you can start a thread?

    The "Madden Rating" joke has more than been worn out.
    My use of it isn't so much a slam on Madden the game but rather to posters who can't/don't know that thier is a difference between how the game is played in Madden and how the game is really played in real life.

    Usually they can be identified as starters of threads such as this.

    :
    Hey jerk, what is your roll to just make fun of posts and not make an intelligent one. You obviously have some issues you need to deal with. I feel so sorry for you. Who cares if someone wants to sign him.
    That is their opinion.
    Who do you think you are? Some sort of genius who knows all. Get a life and wake the hell up.
    It is not your world. In my opinion Keenan is worth looking at as well as Tyrone Poole. You do not like it go cry to someone who cares. Our CBs look thin and I think Tyrone would be an ok pickup. As for the Madden comments I am pretty sure they know the difference between the game and real life so get off their backs. Your comment was pointless and me writing this was a waste of my time but necessary.
    I have been asked by a mod to address this in a PM to you.
    You should have it shortly my friend.
    Here are your stats below. What receiver on the team even comes close to this experience. I do not care how old he is. The stats do not lie. I would welcome him with open arms.

    http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/...B0wv6BJNn.uLYF

  6. #26
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,909

    Re: Texans release Keenan McCardell and Tyrone Poole.

    Here are your stats below. What receiver on the team even comes close to this experience. I do not care how old he is. The stats do not lie. I would welcome him with open arms.
    Thanks, I love stats.










    Rec
    Yards
    TD's
    McCardell -
    36

    437

    0
    Wade


    -
    33

    461

    2
    Williamson - 37

    455

    0
    Ferguson
    -
    5


    31

    1

    I just pulled 2006 stats as I think they are the most relavent.
    Gotta agree.
    His numbers are pretty much the same as what we have on the roster already.

    Which WR would you let go to put him on the roster?
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  7. #27
    marstc09's Avatar
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Posts
    23,179

    Re: Texans release Keenan McCardell and Tyrone Poole.

    "Marrdro" wrote:
    Here are your stats below. What receiver on the team even comes close to this experience. I do not care how old he is. The stats do not lie. I would welcome him with open arms.
    Thanks, I love stats.










    Rec
    Yards
    TD's
    McCardell -

    36

    437

    0
    Wade


    -

    33

    461

    2
    Williamson - 37

    455

    0
    Ferguson

    -
    5



    31

    1

    I just pulled 2006 stats as I think they are the most relavent.
    Gotta agree.
    His numbers are pretty much the same as what we have on the roster already.

    Which WR would you let go to put him on the roster?
    I would not let go any of them. I would let go Jeff Dugan.

  8. #28
    jessejames09's Avatar
    jessejames09 is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    4,233

    Re: Texans release Keenan McCardell and Tyrone Poole.

    "singersp" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    Should we pick up any of these guys? I wouldn't mind Keenan.
    Dude, do you just sit there waiting for someone to get realeased so you can start a thread?

    The "Madden Rating" joke has more than been worn out.
    My use of it isn't so much a slam on Madden the game but rather to posters who can't/don't know that thier is a difference between how the game is played in Madden and how the game is really played in real life.

    Usually they can be identified as starters of threads such as this.
    :
    Hey jerk, what is your roll to just make fun of posts and not make an intelligent one. You obviously have some issues you need to deal with. I feel so sorry for you. Who cares if someone wants to sign him.
    That is their opinion.
    Who do you think you are? Some sort of genius who knows all. Get a life and wake the hell up.
    It is not your world. In my opinion Keenan is worth looking at as well as Tyrone Poole. You do not like it go cry to someone who cares. Our CBs look thin and I think Tyrone would be an ok pickup. As for the Madden comments I am pretty sure they know the difference between the game and real life so get off their backs. Your comment was pointless and me writing this was a waste of my time but necessary.
    Before you jump down someone's throat, you better be damn sure you know what the hell you are talking about.

    You haven't been here as long as some of us have. There have been threads in the past started by members who state we should sign certain players because there Madden rating was such & such.

    They based their opinion solely on that rating or they happened to have that player on their Madden team & he was a stud for him so likewise he should be a stud if we signed him.

    That is why there is a standing joke in reference to a prospective players Madden rating.

    Marrdro has been here long enough to see such threads, as have many here, & he is only eluding to that reference.


    I believe you owe the man an appology.
    I vaguely remember people bringing up how good a player is in madden. And i'm almost positive i'm and older timer than marr'. I don't recall anyone saying 'because his madden rating is __ overall we should sign him.'

    The joke is beat to death on hear. If anyone could find someone who said that years ago i will personally pm them to harass them, not take a jab at them with every player thread.

  9. #29
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,909

    Re: Texans release Keenan McCardell and Tyrone Poole.

    "marstc09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    Here are your stats below. What receiver on the team even comes close to this experience. I do not care how old he is. The stats do not lie. I would welcome him with open arms.
    Thanks, I love stats.










    Rec
    Yards
    TD's
    McCardell -

    36

    437

    0
    Wade


    -

    33

    461

    2
    Williamson - 37

    455

    0
    Ferguson

    -
    5



    31

    1

    I just pulled 2006 stats as I think they are the most relavent.
    Gotta agree.
    His numbers are pretty much the same as what we have on the roster already.

    Which WR would you let go to put him on the roster?
    I would not let go any of them. I would let go Jeff Dugan.
    I'm not so sure about Dugan.
    We need big tough FB's in this offense or our RB's will take a beating.
    CT and AD are kindof prone to injury.
    Additionally, T-Rich went down last year as well.

    Defense is a bit deeper.
    I would let a DE go if we knew that Erasmus was gonna come back and be effective.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  10. #30
    marstc09's Avatar
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Posts
    23,179

    Re: Texans release Keenan McCardell and Tyrone Poole.

    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    Here are your stats below. What receiver on the team even comes close to this experience. I do not care how old he is. The stats do not lie. I would welcome him with open arms.
    Thanks, I love stats.










    Rec
    Yards
    TD's
    McCardell -

    36

    437

    0
    Wade


    -

    33

    461

    2
    Williamson - 37

    455

    0
    Ferguson

    -
    5



    31

    1

    I just pulled 2006 stats as I think they are the most relavent.
    Gotta agree.
    His numbers are pretty much the same as what we have on the roster already.

    Which WR would you let go to put him on the roster?
    I would not let go any of them. I would let go Jeff Dugan.
    I'm not so sure about Dugan.
    We need big tough FB's in this offense or our RB's will take a beating.
    CT and AD are kindof prone to injury.
    Additionally, T-Rich went down last year as well.

    Defense is a bit deeper.
    I would let a DE go if we knew that Erasmus was gonna come back and be effective.
    You are right, I do like Dugan. Maybe we could cut Jayme Mitchell. Six DEs seems like a lot.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. WR McCardell considering return to NFL with Redskins, Texans
    By singersp in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-21-2007, 05:44 AM
  2. Should we try to get Keenan McCardell?
    By duvaldomo in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 03-12-2007, 11:48 AM
  3. Keenan Howry
    By Paulbedy59 in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 09-30-2005, 02:33 AM
  4. Tyrone Carter OUT!
    By TEXPACK in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 08-24-2004, 10:09 AM
  5. Tyrone Williams benched
    By ItalianStallion in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-02-2003, 01:50 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •