Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Re: Texans release Keenan McCardell and Tyrone Poole.

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    Should we pick up any of these guys? I wouldn't mind Keenan.
    Dude, do you just sit there waiting for someone to get realeased so you can start a thread?

The "Madden Rating" joke has more than been worn out.
    My use of it isn't so much a slam on Madden the game but rather to posters who can't/don't know that thier is a difference between how the game is played in Madden and how the game is really played in real life.

Usually they can be identified as starters of threads such as this.

:
    Also, within the 1st 3-5 posts of a thread about a player being released, someone here wants us to sign him.

My favorite was the second Pinkston one.

We signed Pinkston several months ago, found out he was wortless & kicked him to the curb within 3 days I believe.

Another team picked him up & drew the same conclusion we did & cut him this past week.

Within hours someone started a post saying he was available &we should sign him.

It boggles the mind my friends..............boggles the mind.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    Dude, do you just sit there waiting for someone to get realeased so you can start a thread?

My use of it isn't so much a slam on Madden the game but rather to posters who can't/don't know that thier is a difference between how the game is played in Madden and how the game is really played in real life.

:
    Hey jerk, what is your roll to just make fun of posts and not make an intelligent one. You obviously have some issues you need to deal with. I feel so sorry for you. Who cares if someone wants to sign him.
    That is their opinion.
    Who do you think you are? Some sort of genius who knows all. Get a life and wake the hell up.
    It is not your world. In my opinion Keenan is worth looking at as well as Tyrone Poole. You do not like it go cry to someone who cares. Our CBs look thin and I think Tyrone would be an ok pickup. As for the Madden comments I am pretty sure they know the difference between the game and real life so get off their backs. Your comment was pointless and me writing this was a waste of my time but necessary.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"marstc09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:

:
    Hey jerk, what is your roll to just make fun of posts and not make an intelligent one. You obviously have some issues you need to deal with. I feel so sorry for you. Who cares if someone wants to sign him.
    That is their opinion.
    Who do you think you are? Some sort of genius who knows all. Get a life and wake the hell up.
    It is not your world. In my opinion Keenan is worth looking at as well as Tyrone Poole. You do not like it go cry to someone who cares. Our CBs look thin and I think Tyrone would be an ok pickup. As for the Madden comments I am pretty sure they know the difference between the game and real life so get off their backs. Your comment was pointless and me writing this was a waste of my time but necessary.
    Before you jump down someone's throat, you better be damn sure you know what the hell you are talking about.

You haven't been here as long as some of us have. There have been threads in the past started by members who state we should sign certain players because there Madden rating was such & such.

They based their opinion solely on that rating or they happened to have that player on their Madden team & he was a stud for him so likewise he should be a stud if we signed him.

That is why there is a standing joke in reference to a prospective players Madden rating.

Marrdro has been here long enough to see such threads, as have many here, & he is only eluding to that reference.

I believe you owe the man an appology.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

OchoCinco is offline Coordinator

Marrdo is ......well.... like a God....a man, (who as part of my esteemed pannel) like to inject a little humor to wash away the fear, anger, or just plain stupidity to some of the stuff posted.
    Relax rook, pracitce your plays, do your homework, and focus on the task at hand, the regular season....

marcosMN is offline Star Spokesman

"marstc09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:

:
    That is their opinion.
    Mar is gonna sick ya', but I want some first...

What do you honestly think going after one of our most intelligent and well-liked posters would accomplish?

If it's opening a can of psycho fucking worms, I think you just did it.

what is your roll to just make fun of posts and not make an intelligent one.
    No that's Zeus and Prophet...
    :P
    -Sno

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

Ok I'm just sick and tired of this.

If the old-timers would just stop referring to Madden the damn thing would go away. It used to be newcomers coming in and making an unintelligent comment, but now the fact that a thread like this happens because an old-timer mentions Madden just pisses me off.

Let it die people.
    First of all you are demeaning the guy for no reason.
    Second of all it just plain ruins threads. I don't get how mentioning Madden is more simple than posting your opinion on the player.

The guy is merely frustated because he tries to have an intelligent conversation about a player, but instead is kicked to the curb. How many posts have there been about McCardell in this thread? 3? Usually I don't like to assign blame but its pretty clear that the thread got out of hand once someone mentioned Madden.

If you are sick and tired of these threads, don't read them. Believe it or not some fans actually want to talk about any player who may be able to help their team win.

Now, on McCardell, I think he would be a waste of a roster spot. I can't imagine cutting any of the current WRs for him (now that McMullen is gone). I'm sure he'll be picked up somewhere. But if not and a WR gets injured, he is the type of guy we would want to sign midseason.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

"V" wrote:

If the old-timers would just stop referring to Madden the gol 'darnit thing would go away. It used to be newcomers coming in and making an unintelligent comment, but now the fact that a thread like this happens because an old-timer mentions Madden just pisses me off.

Let it die people.
    Second of all it just plain ruins threads. I don't get how mentioning Madden is more simple than posting your opinion on the player.

The guy is merely frustated because he tries to have an intelligent conversation about a player, but instead is kicked to the curb. How many posts have there been about McCardell in this thread? 3? Usually I don't like to assign blame but its pretty clear that the thread got out of hand once someone mentioned Madden.

If you are sick and tired of these threads, don't read them. Believe it or not some fans actually want to talk about any player who may be able to help their team win.

Now, on McCardell, I think he would be a waste of a roster spot. I can't imagine cutting any of the current WRs for him (now that McMullen is gone). I'm sure he'll be picked up somewhere. But if not and a WR gets injured, he is the type of guy we would want to sign midseason.
    Thank you. At least someone here has a brain. If you want people to stick around this site and keep posting why would you insult their posts. This does not seem logical to me. I do know what the hell I am talking about and do not owe anybody an apology. I do not care how long he has been here. Does that make him king and superior to me in intelligence. Doubt it! You also stated that he is well liked. I am not here to win a popularity contest. I am here to talk Vikings football.

Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired

"V" wrote:

If the old-timers would just stop referring to Madden the damn thing would go away. It used to be newcomers coming in and making an unintelligent comment, but now the fact that a thread like this happens because an old-timer mentions Madden just pisses me off.

Let it die people.

I hear what you are saying V BUT, the whole this person gets realeased , should we pick him up is getting old to, That is why teh whole madden joke was started in the first place, Do we really need a thread for every player that gets released to ask if we really need him on our team? The answer is simply NO. If he wants people to respect his opinion than everyone else does not have the right to express theirs? I don't cosider myself an "old Timer" but quite honestly people are just tired of the thread after thread of we should pick them up. That what is getting old.

purpleFavreEaters is offline Coordinator

I am not surprised by this move at all. They have a young rookie called Jacoby Jones who is my number one sleeper pick this. This kid is going to be amazing this season and the rest of his career, just you guys watch. Pick him up on your fantasy team and ride him to the bank.

"Garland" wrote:
    "V" wrote:

If the old-timers would just stop referring to Madden the gol 'darnit thing would go away. It used to be newcomers coming in and making an unintelligent comment, but now the fact that a thread like this happens because an old-timer mentions Madden just pisses me off.

Let it die people.

I hear what you are saying V BUT, the whole this person gets realeased , should we pick him up is getting old to, That is why teh whole madden joke was started in the first place, Do we really need a thread for every player that gets released to ask if we really need him on our team? The answer is simply NO. If he wants people to respect his opinion than everyone else does not have the right to express theirs? I don't cosider myself an "old Timer" but quite honestly people are just tired of the thread after thread of we should pick them up. That what is getting old.
    That is fine but I rarely start threads and these two cuts caught my interests. I just wanted to know others opinions. I am not the one cutting down thier opinions, I wanted to hear them. If you do not want to say yes we should have them or no we shouldn't and state why then you should not be posting. What is so hard to understand?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast