Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 24 of 24
  1. #21
    Caine's Avatar
    Caine is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    5,135

    Re: Texans listening to offers for the 1st overall pick!!

    "sleepagent" wrote:
    There are very few times when someone of Reggie Bush's talent comes along. He is a game changer - just like another old Viking, Randy Moss.

    If I were owner, knowing we don't have that many holes to fix, I'd see what it would take to get Mr. Bush.

    We'll fill the remaining holes in FA.
    Would you be willing to mortgage the franchise on Bush? That's what it will take. Remember what the Giants gave San Diego for Eli? We'd have to offer something on that level...and I don't think it's worth it.

    Nope, while Reggie Bush may become an NFL superstar, we'll all have to grit our teeth because the ONLY way it will be in a Vikings uniform is if we grab him when he becomes a UFA.

    Caine

  2. #22
    sleepagent is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,505

    Re: Texans listening to offers for the 1st overall pick!!

    "Caine" wrote:
    "sleepagent" wrote:
    There are very few times when someone of Reggie Bush's talent comes along. He is a game changer - just like another old Viking, Randy Moss.

    If I were owner, knowing we don't have that many holes to fix, I'd see what it would take to get Mr. Bush.

    We'll fill the remaining holes in FA.
    Would you be willing to mortgage the franchise on Bush? That's what it will take. Remember what the Giants gave San Diego for Eli? We'd have to offer something on that level...and I don't think it's worth it.

    Nope, while Reggie Bush may become an NFL superstar, we'll all have to grit our teeth because the ONLY way it will be in a Vikings uniform is if we grab him when he becomes a UFA.

    Caine
    Normally I'm not a "draft" guy. I'd rather get proven talent once the 1st contract is up because they've been around for a while.

    I'd never draft a QB in the top 5 because a lot of them end up being busts.

    However, some positions like Offensive line & Running Backs are fairly safe top 5 picks.

    I know RB is gonna be huge and a "highlight star". He's got the intangibles you just can't teach and I'd be curious what the asking price would be.

    And yes . . . I'd consider trading the future for him (if it doesn't cost us everything)

    "No Greater Friend . . . No Worse Enemy. U.S. MARINES"
    "FIND YOUR PASSION AND MAKE IT HAPPEN!"
    "SUCCESS LOOKS EASY TO THOSE THAT WEREN'T THERE WHEN IT WAS BEING ACHIEVED!"

  3. #23
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,207

    Re: Texans listening to offers for the 1st overall pick!!

    "midgensa" wrote:
    This rumor gets started every year ... and the only years trades actually happen is when there is no rumor for it (The Bengals getting Carter, the Falcons getting Vick).
    Anyways ... I dont see us making a move ... and I don't think the Texans will get a sweet enough offer to let a talent like Bush go elsewhere.
    Actually I heard their head coach talking about it at the combine.

    Everything has a price!

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  4. #24
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,601
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Texans listening to offers for the 1st overall pick!!

    "sleepagent" wrote:
    "Caine" wrote:
    "sleepagent" wrote:
    There are very few times when someone of Reggie Bush's talent comes along. He is a game changer - just like another old Viking, Randy Moss.

    If I were owner, knowing we don't have that many holes to fix, I'd see what it would take to get Mr. Bush.

    We'll fill the remaining holes in FA.
    Would you be willing to mortgage the franchise on Bush? That's what it will take. Remember what the Giants gave San Diego for Eli? We'd have to offer something on that level...and I don't think it's worth it.

    Nope, while Reggie Bush may become an NFL superstar, we'll all have to grit our teeth because the ONLY way it will be in a Vikings uniform is if we grab him when he becomes a UFA.

    Caine
    Normally I'm not a "draft" guy. I'd rather get proven talent once the 1st contract is up because they've been around for a while.

    I'd never draft a QB in the top 5 because a lot of them end up being busts.

    However, some positions like Offensive line & Running Backs are fairly safe top 5 picks.

    I know RB is gonna be huge and a "highlight star". He's got the intangibles you just can't teach and I'd be curious what the asking price would be.

    And yes . . . I'd consider trading the future for him (if it doesn't cost us everything)
    Honestly, i think Bush is going to be huge too. But I just don't think we would be able to come close to the asking price without destroying our team. There is no way we could trade up to get him.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Similar Threads

  1. Texans trade 6th round pick to Broncos for C Chris Myers
    By singersp in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-18-2008, 09:17 AM
  2. What have you been listening to lately?
    By vikes2456 in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-24-2008, 05:19 AM
  3. No. 7 pick offers many scenarios for Vikings
    By singersp in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 54
    Last Post: 04-05-2007, 06:30 PM
  4. Listening to salami
    By shockzilla in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 04-14-2006, 03:53 AM
  5. Texans exercise Carr option...Bush probably 1st pick now!
    By cajunvike in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 02-13-2006, 07:55 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •