Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Texans' Draft Vindication???

Did You Know? Texans Draft Day vindication? Rookie RB Wali Lundy averages 4.2 YPC, while No. 1 pick Mario Williams has 4.5 sacks

MEANWHILE...

Did You Know? Saints RB Reggie Bush has carried the ball 47 times for 82 yards (1.7 avg.) over the last five weeks.

BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Del Rio Guest

Re: Texans' Draft Vindication???

Wow I am sure the skeptics lose sleep with that info lol.

Texans are sure showing the saints who made the right moves they are 2-6, the saints are selling out ball games and are atop the NFC.

I think the Saints would do it all over againt given the choice.

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

You have to account for Cajun's torture being subjected to the Saints week after week in his boyhood.
    I've had the Saints as my second tier team for decades too, Pure torture.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

petrodemos is offline Asst. Coach

not only their record difference but dont forget Colston, the Saints rookie WR, hes turned into one awesome WR.

R.Bush
    46 receptions for 312 yds, a punt return for a Td.
    Colston
    44 receptions for 700 yds, 7tds

pretty sure the Saints are happy

cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

And all of these numbers boil down to:

Fans care, coaches know not to judge their rookies before they get their feet wet.

You're happy when you get good rookie performances, but you can't count on it.

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

"Del" wrote:

Texans are sure showing the saints who made the right moves they are 2-6, the saints are selling out ball games and are atop the NFC.

Not dissing the Saints on this...just shows that the Texans didn't get totally screwed on their picks...PLUS one of the biggest reasons that the Texans aren't doing well this season is that they lost their perennial 1000-yard rusher to a season-ending injury before the season even started...imagine how bad OUR record would be if we had lost Chester...and look at how bad the Saints record was last season when they lost Deuce.

shockzilla is offline PPO Ambassador
    Blog Entries

I think things have turned out pretty well for both the Texans AND the Saints.
    PPO Ambassador, Defender of the Purple Faith and Guardian of the Gates of Valhalla

Del Rio Guest

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "Del" wrote:

Not dissing the Saints on this...just shows that the Texans didn't get totally screwed on their picks...PLUS one of the biggest reasons that the Texans aren't doing well this season is that they lost their perennial 1000-yard rusher to a season-ending injury before the season even started...imagine how bad OUR record would be if we had lost Chester...and look at how bad the Saints record was last season when they lost Deuce.
    Honest to god, I think we would be doing about the same with Chestor as we would without him. Memo and Pinner have had success as well. The texans are bad. There is no room for them to claim Draft Vinidcation. I know Texan fans that are STILL pissed that they passed on RB. The good news is if they keep losing they can draft at the top again!

"Del" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "Del" wrote:

Honest to god, I think we would be doing about the same with Chestor as we would without him. Memo and Pinner have had success as well. The texans are bad. There is no room for them to claim Draft Vinidcation. I know Texan fans that are STILL pissed that they passed on RB. The good news is if they keep losing they can draft at the top again!

I respectfully dissent...we would have lost the Skins game without his pounding the ball all day long...and would have lost the Lions game probably...which would have put us at 2-6 instead of 4-4.

Del Rio Guest

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "Del" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "Del" wrote:

I respectfully dissent...we would have lost the Skins game without his pounding the ball all day long...and would have lost the Lions game probably...which would have put us at 2-6 instead of 4-4.
    That may or may not be true. Nothing that was done suggests that it is true.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast