Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 44
  1. #21
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,602
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Terry Bradshaw admits to using steroids

    "C" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    [quote author=NodakPaul link=topic=45883.msg795682#msg795682 date=1214336194]
    And before anybody gets excited about this, we need to remember that (to the best of my knowledge), steroid use was not banned at the time.

    Some of the comments on PFT are getting stupid...
    The stupid comments on PFT are a direct reflection of the mentality of its founder.
    :P

    I haven't gone there yet, but I'm guessing that the Pats fan excuse-makers are out in full force on that one, using the
    same lame "everybody else was doing it" spiel.
    Actually, it is more along the lines of "put an asterisks next to the Steeler Super Bowl wins"...

    It was a lame argument when people were using it against the Pats, it is a lame argument now against the Steelers...
    It still boggles my mind how you can call that a lame argument while referring to the Patriots cheating.

    They cheated to gain a competitive advantage on the field and won four Super Bowls during this time... but you think it's a lame argument.

    Don't want anyone popping that bubble you exist in?
    I am not going to get into this again - this thread is about Bradshaw and his admitted medicinal use of steroids in the 70's.
    Hell, let's just let everyone cheat... all you have to say is you didn't understand the rules!

    I mean, sports are more fun to watch while everyone is either roided up or filming the other teams playcalls, it makes for better games... right?

    I say allow it... and if you don't think it's right, you have a lame argument. Cheating, in no way, tarnishes a team's overall achievements.




    Does that about sum up your point?

    And to reply to Olson_10... so cheating only matters in championship games? Because, if their actions during the regular season lead you to believe anything... it's that the cheated in the post season too.

    This is the same way our legal system works... They look at your prior record and use that information while making convictions... so it's a fair argument.
    [/quote]

    No that doesn't sum up my point.
    My point was that this is a [size=14pt]THREAD ABOUT TERRY BRADSHAW.
    Don't hijack it
    [/size] and turn it into yet another thread about how much you hate the Pats.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  2. #22
    El Vikingo's Avatar
    El Vikingo is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    4,358

    Re: Terry Bradshaw admits to using steroids

    I realize now why I don´t understand a word he says
    :
    El underdog.

  3. #23
    C Mac D's Avatar
    C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    13,492

    Re: Terry Bradshaw admits to using steroids

    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    [quote author=cajunvike link=topic=45883.msg795703#msg795703 date=1214337421]
    [quote author=NodakPaul link=topic=45883.msg795682#msg795682 date=1214336194]
    And before anybody gets excited about this, we need to remember that (to the best of my knowledge), steroid use was not banned at the time.

    Some of the comments on PFT are getting stupid...
    The stupid comments on PFT are a direct reflection of the mentality of its founder.
    :P

    I haven't gone there yet, but I'm guessing that the Pats fan excuse-makers are out in full force on that one, using the
    same lame "everybody else was doing it" spiel.
    Actually, it is more along the lines of "put an asterisks next to the Steeler Super Bowl wins"...

    It was a lame argument when people were using it against the Pats, it is a lame argument now against the Steelers...
    It still boggles my mind how you can call that a lame argument while referring to the Patriots cheating.

    They cheated to gain a competitive advantage on the field and won four Super Bowls during this time... but you think it's a lame argument.

    Don't want anyone popping that bubble you exist in?
    I am not going to get into this again - this thread is about Bradshaw and his admitted medicinal use of steroids in the 70's.
    Hell, let's just let everyone cheat... all you have to say is you didn't understand the rules!

    I mean, sports are more fun to watch while everyone is either roided up or filming the other teams playcalls, it makes for better games... right?

    I say allow it... and if you don't think it's right, you have a lame argument. Cheating, in no way, tarnishes a team's overall achievements.




    Does that about sum up your point?

    And to reply to Olson_10... so cheating only matters in championship games? Because, if their actions during the regular season lead you to believe anything... it's that the cheated in the post season too.

    This is the same way our legal system works... They look at your prior record and use that information while making convictions... so it's a fair argument.
    [/quote]

    No that doesn't sum up my point.
    My point was that this is a [size=14pt]THREAD ABOUT TERRY BRADSHAW.
    Don't hijack it
    [/size] and turn it into yet another thread about how much you hate the Pats.
    [/quote]

    muhahahaha
    MUHAHAHAHAHAHA
    MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    [size=12pt]MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA[/size]

    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

  4. #24
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,602
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Terry Bradshaw admits to using steroids

    Seriously C Mac.
    This really isn't funny.
    Stop hijacking the thread.
    You have several other threads in which you can post in regarding the pats.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  5. #25
    cajunvike's Avatar
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    32,063

    Re: Terry Bradshaw admits to using steroids

    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    [quote author=cajunvike link=topic=45883.msg795703#msg795703 date=1214337421]
    [quote author=NodakPaul link=topic=45883.msg795682#msg795682 date=1214336194]
    And before anybody gets excited about this, we need to remember that (to the best of my knowledge), steroid use was not banned at the time.

    Some of the comments on PFT are getting stupid...
    The stupid comments on PFT are a direct reflection of the mentality of its founder.
    :P

    I haven't gone there yet, but I'm guessing that the Pats fan excuse-makers are out in full force on that one, using the
    same lame "everybody else was doing it" spiel.
    Actually, it is more along the lines of "put an asterisks next to the Steeler Super Bowl wins"...

    It was a lame argument when people were using it against the Pats, it is a lame argument now against the Steelers...
    It still boggles my mind how you can call that a lame argument while referring to the Patriots cheating.

    They cheated to gain a competitive advantage on the field and won four Super Bowls during this time... but you think it's a lame argument.

    Don't want anyone popping that bubble you exist in?
    I am not going to get into this again - this thread is about Bradshaw and his admitted medicinal use of steroids in the 70's.
    Hell, let's just let everyone cheat... all you have to say is you didn't understand the rules!

    I mean, sports are more fun to watch while everyone is either roided up or filming the other teams playcalls, it makes for better games... right?

    I say allow it... and if you don't think it's right, you have a lame argument. Cheating, in no way, tarnishes a team's overall achievements.




    Does that about sum up your point?

    And to reply to Olson_10... so cheating only matters in championship games? Because, if their actions during the regular season lead you to believe anything... it's that the cheated in the post season too.

    This is the same way our legal system works... They look at your prior record and use that information while making convictions... so it's a fair argument.
    [/quote]

    No that doesn't sum up my point.
    My point was that this is a [size=14pt]THREAD ABOUT TERRY BRADSHAW.
    Don't hijack it
    [/size] and turn it into yet another thread about how much you hate the Pats.
    [/quote]

    You are correct, this is a thread about Bradshaw, who used steroids prescribed by his doctor legally to promote recovery from injuries (which steroids have always been used for in the medical profession).
    Bradshaw's INTENT was NOT to cheat the system (no matter how anyone wants to interpret the actual effects of what he did) but to recover so that he could get back to where he was prior to the injury.
    This contrasts starkly with those players whose PRIMARY INTENT was to get stronger than they ever were, as well as their INTENT to knowingly violate an established NFL rule.
    The only reason that the Pats' actions should be brought in is to contrast Bradshaw's LACK OF INTENT to cheat versus Belichick's TRUE INTENT to gain a competitive advantage.
    And therein lies the difference.
    It all hinges on INTENT, nothing more, like the difference between involuntary manslaughter and first-degree murder, a person dies either way.
    Using that analogy, Bradshaw would simple serve time,while Belichick would fry!
    LOL

    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

  6. #26
    C Mac D's Avatar
    C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    13,492

    Re: Terry Bradshaw admits to using steroids

    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    Seriously C Mac.
    This really isn't funny.
    Stop hijacking the thread.
    You have several other threads in which you can post in regarding the pats.

    Actually, you initially brought up the Patriots and how they shouldn't have an astrik with their SB wins, and I'm arguing that their championships should have asterisks next to them... Steelers too.

    I mean, at least note that the stats were from "Years when Sterroids weren't regulated".... because at least that's the truth and offers observers the entire picture.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

  7. #27
    jmcdon00's Avatar
    jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    8,278

    Re: Terry Bradshaw admits to using steroids

    "olson_10" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    If it was not against the rules then it should be a non-issue. Does not surprise me.
    true to an extent..certainly nothing to make a big deal over, or remove people from the hall of fame over, which would just be ridiculous, because, as you said, it wasnt against the rules..but i have a personal ill feeling towards guys who simply didnt do it clean whether it was legal or not..in the case of football players i dont really care so much, especially in that era, but in baseball, i have a problem..even in baseball i dont think anybody should be removed from the hall of fame, but they certainly do deserve that invisible asterisk that is in the fan's mind when seeing their name
    I totally agree, well said. It is what it is. Bradshaw did nothing illegal(as far as I know) but he did have an advantage over guys today, when comparing stats and such this should be noted(how many games would he have missed if not for steroids?).
    But even on a broader stance I think every record has a asterick by it, the asterick stands for all the factors that went into the record. Bonds home run has an asterick because he is suspected of using steroids. Jerry Rice's TD record has an asterick by it because it was a strike shortened season. Tom Brady's TD record has an asterick by it because he was throwing to a great reciever in Randy Moss in an era that favors the reciever.

  8. #28
    ItalianStallion's Avatar
    ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,615

    Re: Terry Bradshaw admits to using steroids

    From Bradshaw's viewpoint, and even in the modern NFL I can understand players doing everything they can to get a competitive edge.
    Just because they have a motivation to use performance enhancing drugs does not make it fair to do so.
    Simply because the substance had yet to be banned does not make it ok to use it.
    If a new drug came out today that improved athletic performance considerably, had serious health risks, but had yet to be ruled illegal, would you still consider it ok to use?

    Is it fair to use a substance that puts your health at serious risk to gain an advantage over another player who decides to stay healthy? I have no doubt in my mind that the Steelers superbowl teams were juiced up.
    My only question is, if there was nothing wrong with it, and the players didn't feel like they were cheating why was this the first time we've heard him (or any of those Steelers) admit it?
    Maybe because they knew it was cheating...

    It calls all of their acheivements into question, especially when comparing them to athletes of today who perform without those same advantages.


    I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

  9. #29
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,602
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Terry Bradshaw admits to using steroids

    "C" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    Seriously C Mac.
    This really isn't funny.
    Stop hijacking the thread.
    You have several other threads in which you can post in regarding the pats.

    Actually, you initially brought up the Patriots and how they shouldn't have an astrik with their SB wins, and I'm arguing that their championships should have asterisks next to them... Steelers too.

    I mean, at least note that the stats were from "Years when Sterroids weren't regulated".... because at least that's the truth and offers observers the entire picture.
    Actually Caj initially brought up the Pats, not me.

    And I fail to see any argument about the Steelers in this infantile
    post:
    "C" wrote:
    Hell, let's just let everyone cheat... all you have to say is you didn't understand the rules!

    I mean, sports are more fun to watch while everyone is either roided up or filming the other teams playcalls, it makes for better games... right?

    I say allow it... and if you don't think it's right, you have a lame argument. Cheating, in no way, tarnishes a team's overall achievements.
    Not only is it 100% incorrect about my view of the Pat's cheating - which I have NEVER condoned - but it also has nothing to do with the Steelers.

    So anyway, let me get this straight.
    You want to put an asterisk next to every super bowl champion prior to 1987 (which is when the NFL began regulating steroids).
    Why stop there?
    Why not put an asterisk for every super bowl prior to the horse collar rule, or every super bowl prior to pass interference?
    Why not an asterisk before every super bowl prior to the personal foul, or prior to using headsets?
    Hell, why not every super bowl prior to instant replay?
    What about rumors of teams pumping noise into stadiums to enhance home field advantage?

    If you go back and retrofit every super bowl champion with asterisks every time a rule changes, then there will be an asterisk next to every single champion.
    Terry Bradshaw was NOT breaking any rules in any of the Steeler's Super Bowls -
    1974 (IX), 1975 (X), 1978 (XIII), 1979 (XIV) - because, quite simply, it wasn't against the rules then.

    So yes, your argument is lame.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  10. #30
    C Mac D's Avatar
    C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    13,492

    Re: Terry Bradshaw admits to using steroids

    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    Seriously C Mac.
    This really isn't funny.
    Stop hijacking the thread.
    You have several other threads in which you can post in regarding the pats.

    Actually, you initially brought up the Patriots and how they shouldn't have an astrik with their SB wins, and I'm arguing that their championships should have asterisks next to them... Steelers too.

    I mean, at least note that the stats were from "Years when Sterroids weren't regulated".... because at least that's the truth and offers observers the entire picture.
    Actually Caj initially brought up the Pats, not me.

    And I fail to see any argument about the Steelers in this infantile
    post:
    "C" wrote:
    Hell, let's just let everyone cheat... all you have to say is you didn't understand the rules!

    I mean, sports are more fun to watch while everyone is either roided up or filming the other teams playcalls, it makes for better games... right?

    I say allow it... and if you don't think it's right, you have a lame argument. Cheating, in no way, tarnishes a team's overall achievements.
    Not only is it 100% incorrect about my view of the Pat's cheating - which I have NEVER condoned - but it also has nothing to do with the Steelers.

    So anyway, let me get this straight.
    You want to put an asterisk next to every super bowl champion prior to 1987 (which is when the NFL began regulating steroids).
    Why stop there?
    Why not put an asterisk for every super bowl prior to the horse collar rule, or every super bowl prior to pass interference?
    Why not an asterisk before every super bowl prior to the personal foul, or prior to using headsets?
    Hell, why not every super bowl prior to instant replay?
    What about rumors of teams pumping noise into stadiums to enhance home field advantage?

    If you go back and retrofit every super bowl champion with asterisks every time a rule changes, then there will be an asterisk next to every single champion.
    Terry Bradshaw was NOT breaking any rules in any of the Steeler's Super Bowls -
    1974 (IX), 1975 (X), 1978 (XIII), 1979 (XIV) - because, quite simply, it wasn't against the rules then.

    So yes, your argument is lame.
    Well, I'm not going to insult your opinions (like you calling mine infantile) or call your argument lame (makes you wonder who is the infantile one), because I'm above that.

    I will say this, the Horse Collar Rule, Pass Interference, Headsets... none of those effect the Physical body of the athlete and their performance. None of those allow the athlete to run faster, jump higher, tackle harder... you get my point ( I hope).

    Just because those rules were added later, I don't think they should have an astrik next to them... however, when you are listing SB wins by years, why not just have a note that says, "All Super Bowls prior to..."

    Trying to keep the truth under wraps, or attempting to ignore it just so it doesn't mess up your stats page.... that's just sad. I say, face the truth and simply denote the truth of the situation...

    But, like I said in my original post... keep existing in your bubble. I'll continue to face reality.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Terry Bradshaw is Rooting for the Saints
    By slavinator in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 49
    Last Post: 01-23-2010, 12:53 PM
  2. Bradshaw embarrassed by Leno
    By singersp in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 09-16-2007, 06:57 AM
  3. Bradshaw makes Jab on Pepp.
    By VikesfaninWis in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 55
    Last Post: 03-22-2006, 06:37 AM
  4. bradshaw =another dumba$$
    By zzbudzz in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 09-12-2005, 01:52 AM
  5. Bradshaw,Long,Johnson
    By VegasLadyJae in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: 09-03-2005, 01:06 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •