Re: Terrell Owens released

"jdvike" wrote:
    "coreyd" wrote:
    "jdvike" wrote:
    "coreyd" wrote:
    "jdvike" wrote:
    [quote author=coreyd link=topic=50844.msg918276#msg918276 date=1236262248]
    Quick question....

Add T.O. to our team and what are the chances of a STRONG winning season. Not the winning season where you make the playoffs because of A.P. and our defense. I mean an all around legit winning season. The type where we win and it doesn't shock NFL fans.

Add ANY other free agent wide out and/or draft the number one wide out available, forgetting position, and where would we be? Would we be as good?

If you can say that we would be better without him and have a better team, then by all means, let someone else sign him, but if you can't, then why would we not go after him?

Adding T.O. would also make things different in the future. Players in the league respect him regardless of what fans say. Next offseason when he would have a year or two left, more free agents would be willing to sign here for less $$$. I'm not saying build around him, but players would sign because of him and A.P.
    Quick question?...Who wants to win more than the ultimate win whore Jerry Jones?....mkay... and what did Jerry do with with T.O.?...Jerry dumped him like a hot turd...he didn't trade him for a 4th rd pick or even a 7th rounder, he cut away that locker room cancer and the team will be better for it.

I say, let some other team take on that headache.

If Jerry Jones is so smart, then why hasn't he won more superbowls? He knows it is a business and in order to keep your name out there, he makes waves. He built his entire empire on the three superbowls he won. The guy is a f-ing silly guy in my opinion.
    Hmmmm I'm looking at my post and nowhere does it say that I think Jerry Jones is smart, or even a good owner...In fact he is anything but...How else do you explain that it took Jerry 3 years to realize what a problem T.O. is/was/and will always be?
    Good call. I interpreted it as you giving him props. He did win. I give him that. I think he didn't know what to do and couldn't handle him, so he fired him. T.O. has shown sides of being human. Remember him crying? Some may call it publicity but I think it was legit. Whether he is arguing with his quarteback or complaining about him, the guy gets judged. [glow=red,2,300]We never set foot on in a locker room with him, but we can say he's a cancer.[/glow] I just think he's honest.
    Well I'm pretty much going by what the 49ers said.. what the Eagles said... and what the Cowboys are now saying...how many more examples do you need?

A locker room cancer can split an entire team so that even when said cancer is removed...the negative effects continue to linger for years.

So when people say bring him in for a year and if he doesn't pan out then cut his jiggly butt...It just doesn't work that way...a cancer spreads.
    [/quote]

If I were on a team where one employee had more skills then most players in the league, and he was telling me to step it up, I'd be pissed off too. He calls people out. If he is so bad and such a big distraction, then why does this guy always end up on the top teams in the league? Watch. He won't be playing for the Lions or the......whoa....scary thought. Anyway, just saying the guy backs his mouth up. People bring him in hoping the skill in their team matches up to his. How many superbowl teams has he been on? The guy got signed where he has more fans that hated him then loved him. Dallas. I remember a star incident. Whoever he goes to, I predict they make it to the superbowl within three and we will have a "What if thread." Just like when people loved it when Moss left, did nothing in Oakland, but when he was on a team that went to the supoerbowl, went 18-0 the people who wanted him gone, were crying.

apolyon2002 is offline Waterboy

didnt we get rid of randy moss cheap cause of attitude issues? only way i can see T O on the team is a shut your mouth clause and that aint gonna happen. i can see him going to new england they should have the cap room after dumping cassel. cant see owens yelling at one of the best qbs in the game. but as for coming here would be a nightmare

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

"apolyon2002" wrote:
    didnt we get rid of randy moss cheap cause of attitude issues? only way i can see T O on the team is a shut your mouth clause and that aint gonna happen. i can see him going to new england they should have the cap room after dumping cassel. cant see owens yelling at one of the best qbs in the game. but as for coming here would be a nightmare
    It would be pretty interesting seeing Moss and TO on the same team.
    I don't see it happening.
    Someone will pick up TO.
    Baltimore may be a landing spot but I don't think Ray Lewis took it nicely when TO did a Raven when he scored on them when he was with the Eagles.

Tad7 is offline Team Alumni

A league source tells us that it’s “very safe to say” that the Minnesota Vikings aren’t interested in receiver Terrell Owens.
    http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/03/05/vikes-not-interested-either/

Here's their "confirmed" uninterested teams so far:

The Dallas Cowboys.
    (Duh.)

The New York Giants.

The Washington Redskins.

The Baltimore Ravens.

The San Francisco 49ers.

The Minnesota Vikings.

The Atlanta Falcons.

Here are the teams that likely will join the list soon:

The Philadelphia Eagles.

The Miami Dolphins.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/03/05/the-anti-to-list/
    Skol Vikings! Go Cubs!

X MARKS THE SPOT

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

I gotta go no on this one

Bring in my boy Hakeem Nicks

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

[size=15pt]New York Jets not interested in Terrell Owens[/size]

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/200...rested_in.html
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

[size=15pt]TO/Boldin/Braylon/Plax or Draft?[/size]
    http://www.giantsfootballblog.com/20...plax-or-draft/
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Vikes is offline Team Alumni

No on TO.

The rigors of Spartan life. Leonidas is cast out into the wild, and survives the harsh winter to return to his home, when he is crowned King ....a Viking!

keystonevike is offline Starter

No no no.A thousand times no.
    If you have a drama king, you get the drama.

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

He deserved to get released. I hope nobody signs him.

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast