Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Re: Ten Guys Who Have Worn Out Their Welcome

"Gift" wrote:
    "Bdubya" wrote:
    It's nice to know that we got rid of the top 2 guys on that list.
    lol, I dont think your paying attention.
    Our WR's suck & our teams is on a 4 game skid right out of the playoffs but good thing we got rid of a winning coach & a pro bowl WR for a couple of untested noobs.
    : I'd say because just look at them now. Moss isn't doing to well in Oakland & he still has his pouty attitude.

Green's last 5 season records are as follows;

MN: 5-10
    Arizona: 2-8, 5-11, 6-10 & so far this year 2-8.

It's laughable that people want Childress out after a 4-6 start in his first year as a HC, but would welcome back Green who is 15-36 in Arizona & hasn't even sniffed a .500 season in his last 5 years of coaching.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

"singersp" wrote:
    "Gift" wrote:
    "Bdubya" wrote:
    Our WR's suck & our teams is on a 4 game skid right out of the playoffs but good thing we got rid of a winning coach & a pro bowl WR for a couple of untested noobs.
    : I'd say because just look at them now. Moss isn't doing to well in Oakland & he still has his pouty attitude.

It's laughable that people want Childress out after a 4-6 start in his first year as a HC, but would welcome back Green who is 15-36 in Arizona & hasn't even sniffed a .500 season in his last 5 years of coaching.
    Good post singer.

matt millen REEEEAAAAALLLLLY needs to go. The only people (at least in MI) that don't seem to think so are those who have the power to fire him.
    WE CAN BUILD ON THIS!!!

In AP I trust

Gift is offline Coordinator

"singersp" wrote:
    "Gift" wrote:
    "Bdubya" wrote:

It's also laughable that people want childress in the "hall of fame" after we have a 4-6 start in his first year.
    Dennis Green took a job for one of the worst org's in all of football & hasn't turned it around yet but look at the talent they have.
    They will be a solid team in years to come because of the work he has put in.
    As for Moss, no offensive player will have any sort of productivity playing for the new raiders.
    The have the worst O-line in the NFL & have been starting a poohie back up QB who gets sacked every few plays.
    Moss needs to get the hell out, I don't care where he goes but oakland is waisting him.
    http://www.purplepride.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6169&dateline=1318052  159

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

"Gift" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "Gift" wrote:
    "Bdubya" wrote:

It's also laughable that people want childress in the "hall of fame" after we have a 4-6 start in his first year.
    Dennis Green took a job for one of the worst org's in all of football & hasn't turned it around yet but look at the talent they have.
    As for Moss, no offensive player will have any sort of productivity playing for the new raiders.
    The have the worst O-line in the NFL & have been starting a poohie back up QB who gets sacked every few plays.
    Moss needs to get the hell out, I don't care where he goes but oakland is waisting him.
    I don't know anyone that thinks he should be in the Hall of Fame. No one, even the most ardent Childress supporters have suggested that he's a great, savior-esque coach. They are simply reserving judgement for more than 10 games.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"bleedpurple" wrote:
    Please ADD Joe Thiesman to this... He is the WORST Announcer and says the dumbest stuff.... He is never really informed, everything is the greatest thing to him and he changes position on players/teams more often than i change my sox...
    Add Kornholer too!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Gift is offline Coordinator

"Ltrey33" wrote:
    "Gift" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "Gift" wrote:
    "Bdubya" wrote:

I don't know anyone that thinks he should be in the Hall of Fame. No one, even the most ardent Childress supporters have suggested that he's a great, savior-esque coach. They are simply reserving judgement for more than 10 games.
    I also havent heard anyone calling for childress to be fired so I thought this was a "make things up to prove points" thread.
    http://www.purplepride.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6169&dateline=1318052  159

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"VKG4LFE" wrote:
    "Acumen" wrote:
    Ten Guys Who Have Worn Out Their Welcome
    SI.com

1. Randy Moss
    Moss has made it clear he has no interest in performing for Oakland. The latest excuse is that he isn't producing because he's unhappy. Whatever the reason, he has to go. He's a major distraction and will never help this team reach the postseason.

2. Dennis Green
    It seems like a foregone conclusion that Green will be let go at the end of the season, if not sooner. The Cardinals have too much talent to have the worst record in the NFL. In addition to Green, Arizona might also fire VP of football operations Rod Graves.

3. Simeon Rice
    Though he reached double digits in sacks in each of his first five seasons in Tampa Bay, Rice has just two this year and is getting shut down by guys he'd normally dominate. He's already been called out this season by coach Jon Gruden and former teammate Keyshawn Johnson. To be fair, Rice has been slowed by a shoulder injury, but maybe it's time for this defense to inject some new blood and for Rice to join a new team.

4. Matt Millen
    It would be the shock of the offseason if he returned for another year, but people have been wrong in that assumption before about Millen. Still, too many personnel decisions have backfired on him over the years and Detroit appears no closer to the playoffs than before he arrived in 2001.

5. Albert Haynesworth
    The Titans brought back Haynesworth after his five-game suspension for stepping on Andre Gurode's head, but one of the conditions is that he undergo anger-management counseling. We're all for giving a guy a second chance, but the Titans have enough problems without the Haynesworth distraction.

6. Joe Gibbs
    His team did make the playoffs last year, but this doesn't appear to be a franchise headed toward the Super Bowl anytime soon. Don't be surprised if Gibbs leaves the team or joins its front office this offseason.

7. Olindo Mare
    Mare has made just 14 of 22 field goals this season and some of his misses have been very costly for the 3-6 Dolphins. He has been in Southern Florida since 1997 and is probably due for a change of scenery.

8. Tom Walsh
    At this point, it's almost too easy to pick on poor Walsh, the bed-and-breakfast-keeper-turned-offensive-coordinator who has been compared to Donald Rumsfeld in Raiders' blogs. But Walsh's inability to try something new to avoid all those sacks is inexcusable. Head coach Art Shell is also on the hot seat and may not be back. But even if he does return, he'd better not keep Walsh.

9. Flozell Adams
    The Cowboys have surrendered fewer sacks since Tony Romo took over for Drew Bledsoe, but they face some tough pass-rushing teams in the coming weeks and Adams may not hold up in the critical left tackle position. He had season-ending knee injury last year. It's time for the Cowboys to make an upgrade.

10. Adam Archuleta
    Archuleta is the poster boy for overpriced Redskin free-agent acquisitions. The former Ram was given a $30 million contract this offseason, making him the highest paid safety ever. And then he lost his job to 35-year-old Troy Vincent.

Phew, I was hoping that I didn't make this list! lol
    LOMFL
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

"Gift" wrote:
    "Ltrey33" wrote:
    "Gift" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "Gift" wrote:
    [quote author=Bdubya link=topic=29310.msg500306#msg500306 date=1164131454]

I also havent heard anyone calling for childress to be fired so I thought this was a "make things up to prove points" thread.
    [/quote]

I have CC the Best wanted him fired in preseason, and there has been other posters that have wanted him fired.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234