Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Ten Guys Who Have Worn Out Their Welcome

"singersp" wrote:
    "Ltrey33" wrote:
    "michaelmazid" wrote:
    11. Archie Manning. I am sickand tired of networks showing a shot of Archie Manning everytime his momo kids throw incomplete passes or interceptions. memo to all the networks, WE ALL KNOW THAT THEIR STUPID DAD PLAYED FOOTBALL TOO.
    >
    Haha...and he wasn't even that good! They make him out to be a Hall of Famer, but he threw almost 50 more INTs than TDs in his career and
    had a terrible record.

Do you two realize Archie played for the Vikings in 1984?
    Yeah, and he went 3-13.

"Webby" wrote:
    "whackthepack" wrote:
    Mike Williams will be let go this off season when he loses a foot race against Detroit's offensive line, and because he didn't catch a pass all season!

People can take as many shots about Troy Williamson but at least we didn't draft Mike Williams.
    And I recall how pissed off the all-knowing fans were that we passed on Mike Williams.
    Remember they claimed how devastating he would be??

LOL

Just goes to show, don't get too roped up on draft days.
    The effective players on the field come from all rounds...

(side note, remember all the fans pissing and moaning about the Tavaris signing who are now lining up to slap his jiggly butt???
    LMAO)
    I was pissed. I wanted them sooo bad to take Williams and then they passed on him. Just goes to show you, I know jack about the draft, but at least I gave it a try!

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"Ltrey33" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "Ltrey33" wrote:
    "michaelmazid" wrote:
    11. Archie Manning. I am sickand tired of networks showing a shot of Archie Manning everytime his momo kids throw incomplete passes or interceptions. memo to all the networks, WE ALL KNOW THAT THEIR STUPID DAD PLAYED FOOTBALL TOO.
    >
    Haha...and he wasn't even that good! They make him out to be a Hall of Famer, but he threw almost 50 more INTs than TDs in his career and
    had a terrible record.

Yeah, and he went 3-13.

No, he did not. Manning only played in 6 of those 16 games that year. Kramer played for most of those games. That was the Les Steckel year. Thus the 3-13 record.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

"singersp" wrote:
    "Ltrey33" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "Ltrey33" wrote:
    "michaelmazid" wrote:
    >
    had a terrible record.

Yeah, and he went 3-13.

No, he did not. Manning only played in 6 of those 16 games that year. Kramer played for most of those games. That was the Les Steckel year. Thus the 3-13 record.
    My bad...according to the site I read he went 6-35 between 82-84...I just assumed every game of the 3-13 was his. I wasn't alive.
    ;D

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"Ltrey33" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "Ltrey33" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "Ltrey33" wrote:
    [quote author=michaelmazid link=topic=29310.msg500300#msg500300 date=1164131051]
    >
    had a terrible record.

Yeah, and he went 3-13.

My bad...according to the site I read he went 6-35 between 82-84...I just assumed every game of the 3-13 was his. I wasn't alive.
    ;D
    [/quote]

??? I don't believe he even played in 41 games between 82-84.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/MannAr00.htm

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

"Ltrey33" wrote:
    "michaelmazid" wrote:
    >
    had a terrible record.

So did Joe Namath, but he's in the HOF.

"singersp" wrote:
    "Ltrey33" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "Ltrey33" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    [quote author=Ltrey33 link=topic=29310.msg500507#msg500507 date=1164157801]
    [quote author=michaelmazid link=topic=29310.msg500300#msg500300 date=1164131051]
    >
    had a terrible record.

Yeah, and he went 3-13.

;D
    [/quote]

[/quote]

IDK, maybe the site I read gave him credit for all of the Vikings losses and all of the Oilers losses during the span. Or, maybe it was full of crap!

"Mr" wrote:
    "Ltrey33" wrote:
    "michaelmazid" wrote:
    >
    had a terrible record.

Yeah, and if it weren't for his Super Bowl win he wouldn't be. IMO, he doesn't deserve to be in the hall merely for winning Super Bowl III.

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

"Ltrey33" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "Ltrey33" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "Ltrey33" wrote:
    [quote author=singersp link=topic=29310.msg500569#msg500569 date=1164162278]
    [quote author=Ltrey33 link=topic=29310.msg500507#msg500507 date=1164157801]
    >
    had a terrible record.

Yeah, and he went 3-13.

;D
    [/quote]

[/quote]

IDK, maybe the site I read gave him credit for all of the Vikings losses and all of the Oilers losses during the span. Or, maybe it was full of crap!

"Mr" wrote:
    "Ltrey33" wrote:
    "michaelmazid" wrote:
    >
    had a terrible record.

Yeah, and if it weren't for his Super Bowl win he wouldn't be. IMO, he doesn't deserve to be in the hall merely for winning Super Bowl III.
    [/quote]

Suzy, "I want to kiss you."

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

"whackthepack" wrote:
    Mike Williams will be let go this off season when he loses a foot race against Detroit's offensive line, and because he didn't catch a pass all season!

People can take as many shots at Troy Williamson as they want, but at least we didn't draft Mike Williams.

I post this and of coarse Mike Williams catches his 1st pass of the season, 1 reception for 7 yards.

I still think he is let go at the end of the season.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

PAvikesfan is offline Star Spokesman

i thought this would be the top ten to go on the vikings...
    that's a disappointment.

Gift is offline Coordinator

"Bdubya" wrote:
    It's nice to know that we got rid of the top 2 guys on that list.
    lol, I dont think your paying attention.
    Our WR's suck & our teams is on a 4 game skid right out of the playoffs but good thing we got rid of a winning coach & a pro bowl WR for a couple of untested noobs.
    http://www.purplepride.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6169&dateline=1318052  159

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast