Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Ten Guys Who Have Worn Out Their Welcome

Ten Guys Who Have Worn Out Their Welcome
    SI.com

1. Randy Moss
    Moss has made it clear he has no interest in performing for Oakland. The latest excuse is that he isn't producing because he's unhappy. Whatever the reason, he has to go. He's a major distraction and will never help this team reach the postseason.

2. Dennis Green
    It seems like a foregone conclusion that Green will be let go at the end of the season, if not sooner. The Cardinals have too much talent to have the worst record in the NFL. In addition to Green, Arizona might also fire VP of football operations Rod Graves.

3. Simeon Rice
    Though he reached double digits in sacks in each of his first five seasons in Tampa Bay, Rice has just two this year and is getting shut down by guys he'd normally dominate. He's already been called out this season by coach Jon Gruden and former teammate Keyshawn Johnson. To be fair, Rice has been slowed by a shoulder injury, but maybe it's time for this defense to inject some new blood and for Rice to join a new team.

4. Matt Millen
    It would be the shock of the offseason if he returned for another year, but people have been wrong in that assumption before about Millen. Still, too many personnel decisions have backfired on him over the years and Detroit appears no closer to the playoffs than before he arrived in 2001.

5. Albert Haynesworth
    The Titans brought back Haynesworth after his five-game suspension for stepping on Andre Gurode's head, but one of the conditions is that he undergo anger-management counseling. We're all for giving a guy a second chance, but the Titans have enough problems without the Haynesworth distraction.

6. Joe Gibbs
    His team did make the playoffs last year, but this doesn't appear to be a franchise headed toward the Super Bowl anytime soon. Don't be surprised if Gibbs leaves the team or joins its front office this offseason.

7. Olindo Mare
    Mare has made just 14 of 22 field goals this season and some of his misses have been very costly for the 3-6 Dolphins. He has been in Southern Florida since 1997 and is probably due for a change of scenery.

8. Tom Walsh
    At this point, it's almost too easy to pick on poor Walsh, the bed-and-breakfast-keeper-turned-offensive-coordinator who has been compared to Donald Rumsfeld in Raiders' blogs. But Walsh's inability to try something new to avoid all those sacks is inexcusable. Head coach Art Shell is also on the hot seat and may not be back. But even if he does return, he'd better not keep Walsh.

9. Flozell Adams
    The Cowboys have surrendered fewer sacks since Tony Romo took over for Drew Bledsoe, but they face some tough pass-rushing teams in the coming weeks and Adams may not hold up in the critical left tackle position. He had season-ending knee injury last year. It's time for the Cowboys to make an upgrade.

10. Adam Archuleta
    Archuleta is the poster boy for overpriced Redskin free-agent acquisitions. The former Ram was given a $30 million contract this offseason, making him the highest paid safety ever. And then he lost his job to 35-year-old Troy Vincent.

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Ten Guys Who Have Worn Out Their Welcome

2. Dennis Green
    It seems like a foregone conclusion that Green will be let go at the end of the season, if not sooner. The Cardinals have too much talent to have the worst record in the NFL. In addition to Green, Arizona might also fire VP of football operations Rod Graves.
    And yet there are people on this site who'd rather get rid of Childress and get Green back!
    ;D
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

michaelmazid is offline Team Alumni

11. Archie Manning. I am sickand tired of networks showing a shot of Archie Manning everytime his momo kids throw incomplete passes or interceptions. memo to all the networks, WE ALL KNOW THAT THEIR STUPID DAD PLAYED FOOTBALL TOO.
    >

Bdubya is offline Star Spokesman

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    2. Dennis Green
    And yet there are people on this site who'd rather get rid of Childress and get Green back!
    ;D
    Yeah, if we got Dennis back then our defense would start to lose us games again, and we would all want to bench Kevin Williams.

It's nice to know that we got rid of the top 2 guys on that list.
    MC's run away when I kick it
    They act so chicken, they should come with a large drink and a biscuit
    -Canibus

bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame

Please ADD Joe Thiesman to this... He is the WORST Announcer and says the dumbest stuff.... He is never really informed, everything is the greatest thing to him and he changes position on players/teams more often than i change my sox...

Slade is offline Star Spokesman

I'm surprsied T.O is not on that list

Purplemania is offline Asst. Coach

Joe Buck. =D

No really, Dennis Green is a retard. He may have an eye for talent but he can't coach. Maybe he should be a scout or something.
    Because I'm a Vikings fan, they are that much sexier.

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    2. Dennis Green
    ;D
    I would rather have a rectal exam than have Fat Denny back.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"WVV" wrote:
    "COJOMAY" wrote:
    2. Dennis Green
    ;D
    I would rather have a rectal exam than have Fat Denny back.
    how do we all know that your not just anxious to get a rectal exam?

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

I'll take Denny back as an OC, he made it work with Brad in the late 90s I bet he could do it again.

And don't try to say we won't run the ball with him here, Edgerrin James is 2n in the league in carries(LJ 1st, Chester 3rd).

I would honestly take him as an OC, let Childress do his childress discipline stuff and make the big decisions cause I don't think he can take it all at one time, but that could just be because he's a rookie.

Maybe if Denny came back he would want Randy back too.......

just kidding, sorry in advance.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast