Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    i_bleed_purple is online now Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AngloVike View Post
    Seems pointless trademarking a move that you can't use when your butt is on the bench for most of a Sunday afternoon.

Course he could trademark the 'overhyped QB sitting on the bench' position ....... oops sorry forgot that has already been registered by Tarvaris Jackson
    Jackson was only ever 'hyped' by VIkings fans and coaches. Nobody else in the league thought he was very good.

But this whole argument is a complete waste of 1's and 0's on some server somewhere. Tebow is a media whore. Always has been, always will be. It's obvious he does what he can to make sure his name gets out there. Even if he's not actually making comments, but his actions do it.

Yeah, players are religious. Hell, Reggie White was a very outspoken religious guy. Difference? Reggie White did it with class. He didn't push it in your face, he played hard, well, and did so with class. Tebow is just a giant dink.

Reignman is offline Asst. Coach
    Ahhh not only is Teblow a terrible QB, he's also one of those hypocrites that hasn't read the very bible he's trying to capitalize on.

Matthew 6:5-6
    And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by others. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full. But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by i_bleed_purple View Post
    Yeah, players are religious. Hell, Reggie White was a very outspoken religious guy. Difference? Reggie White did it with class. He didn't push it in your face, he played hard, well, and did so with class. Tebow is just a giant dink.
    Not sure you can mix classy with some of his homophobic statements he made publicly in the Wisconsin state legislature and other times a long with some racely based statements about Asians, Hispanics and others that some people....well viewed poorly, I think some of the homophobic things were much more hateful though.

i_bleed_purple is online now Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by vikinggreg View Post
    Not sure you can mix classy with some of his homophobic statements he made publicly in the Wisconsin state legislature and other times a long with some racely based statements about Asians, Hispanics and others that some people....well viewed poorly, I think some of the homophobic things were much more hateful though.
    Fair. To be honest I forgot all about that. That and I was quite young when Reggie White played.

Point still being, when people talk about Reggie White, they talk firstly about how talented of a player he was, secondly about how he was a great teammate, and that he was deeply religious. However he didn't make a media whore of himself. He was truly and genuinely religious and wanted his teammates to simply respect that aspect about him. Not necessarily to convert, or it wasn't "look at me, I love god". That's the difference between him and Tebow.

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired
    Tim Tebow is an image. He is manufactured by talent agencies and his management team. They control his exposure with insane precision. All you know about him is what they want you to know. Remember when he took a picture with some actresses backstage at a musical and his people forced them to take it down from their twitter pages? He's always very giving with the fans, poses for pictures, signs autographs, whatever, but his people want control of what they do with those images. Why? They stand to make more money by sculpting his image a certain way.

If he were in control of his altruism, would he want it so publicized? Nobody knows.

He seems like a great guy, but honestly, he's a terrible quarterback. Maybe the worst passer in the history of the NFL(modern era, of course.) Denver's defense and special teams wrapped up games opposing teams handed to them on a silver platter and Tebow got all the credit. Not one teammate, except for Demaryius Thomas said anything negative about him. And even he waited until the offseason.

No one ever has details regarding his personal life. Nobody can be that ridiculously famous in this country without having some of his current personal life or past known. I can't help but think money has been exchanged for confidentiality from some teammates and University of Florida students. It's just too strange.

All I know for sure is many of people stand to lose a ton of money if there's any scandalous Tebow news, and those people will go a long way to protect their investment.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by battleaxe4cheese View Post
    [COLOR="#00FFFF"]
    Maybe you should read what you initially posted. "especially those who think they're something and they're not" . Apparently you don't know which way to go and you try to have it both ways. Either way you look silly and desperate. You are contradiction machine...Sorry man, just providing you with your own words. Make a decision and stick with it, or run for politics.
    I look neither silly nor desperate, nor am contradicting myself. As you drift farther away from the initial post & resort to personal attacks, I’ll again try to explain it to you. He doesn’t have to come out publicly and attest to the media that he personally feels he’s a better QB & should be starting over Sanchez. He plays it coy, pretends he’s happy being a backup, but you don’t have to be Einstein to read between the lines.

Again, did you even read my post? Reading comprehension appears to be a big issue with you so here it is again. Please read carefully. (multiple times if necessary)
    I don’t need to re-read it. I get that you feel all his charity work & giving is real & genuine, while you believe a lot of other athletes do it only as a tax shelter.

So how does this relate to him not being an attention whore? Do you feel just because he does all these great charitable things outside of football that he can’t be an “attention whore” when it comes to sports media?

Note: Nothing says desperate like a huge helping of hypothetical. Are you for real? You need to stick to facts my friend which are like unicorns in your posts.
    I am sticking to the facts. You stated I shouldn’t be bashing on Tebow, because of all the good he’s doing in this world with his charities. I simply asked you if you take that same consideration & not bash some athletes you don’t care for, for those same reasons. Instead of answering it, you toss out crap about being desperate & hypothetical.

What the? It's not what I believe it's his own words. Wow. He has stated that multiple times. What I believe? Wow. You are something else. Trademark prayer? Huh? Yikes. This is like having a debate with Tommy Boy. Focus Tommy. It's NOT what I believe. He said it himself. I am simply telling you what he said. Ask him.
    Again, your words...

so thanking God and asking for his help is a signature move? No, once again apples and oranges. There is a difference between celebratory ritual and religious ceremony. One promotes ones self the other promotes a higher authority other than yourself...Do you see the difference now?
    So again, whether you claim those are his words or yours, do you believe that “religious ceremony” thing he does should be trademarked?

Em, he was on and off the pine multiple times. And yes by definition you never mentioned who you were talking about so yes you were ambiguous. Look it up in the dictionary Tommy. How many QB's have we had around here in the last ten years?
    I said “There was several years of bitter, degrading comments about our own QB”. Now, how many QB’s can you name that was here for several years in the last 10 years that was subjected to years of bitter, degrading comments? If you can think of more than one, apply the original question to both of them.

Wow. You can't make this stuff up. Again. I have to spell it out caveman for you....here goes. I was making the point his strong religious beliefs were well known well before he even entered the draft. How can you not possibly understand this? It is beyond amazing to me. They new who and what they were drafting and they drafted him anyway. That is and was the point I was making Tommy. Granted they didn't know to what degree the circus would become but there wouldn't of been one if there wasn't crappy qb play to give Tebow a chance to take over. Also since they started winning games, they kept playing him which only added to the mystique and so called circus. Who's fault was it that they kept playing him? Fox? Elway?
    I know you were talking about that his strong religious beliefs were well known well before he even entered the draft. I understood that perfectly. Problem is, the discussion was about the “circus” Denver saw coming regarding a QB controversy between Peyton Manning & Tebow. His strong religious beliefs or the draft have absolutely nothing to do with that QB controversy whatsoever. You went off on some irrelevant tangent.

It also has nothing to with the circus or controversy you’re alluding to between Orton & Tebow. Again, it had to do with the circus Denver felt they’d have on their hands had they kept Tebow on the team with Manning, which is why they traded him away to the Jets.

Oh my. Wow. Just when you can't get any more absurd. Several people who have talked about it? Are you for real?
    You mean this Sanchez is so mentally weak and fragile that he's affected by one of the worst qb's who has ever been drafted? Are you serious? Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! Are you serious?
    So what is he going to do when they draft a legit starter qb in the future? Cry? Need counseling? Man you are your own worst enemy Tommy. Keep em coming your making this SO easy....
    Yes, I’m for real. People have talked about it. Again, turn into a sports talk show once in awhile & listen. It happened. The question that was specifically asked was whether having Tebow on the team affected Sanchez’s play or not. I believe it was an ex-coach who said how does having a parade for a back up QB that your bringing in, along with all his fans, who want him to start, and the QB controversy that goes along with it, not get inside Sanchez’s head & affect his game?

His words, not mine. Laugh at him and ask if he’s serious. Perhaps you can answer the coach’s question, since you believe it’s totally absurd.

Again, tune into a sports show after Sunday’s game. Almost every single week, there’s QB controversy talk involving Sanchez & Tebow. It’s real no matter how crappy Tebow is as a QB or how overrated by his peers he is.

https://www.google.com/search?q=jets...ient=firefox-a

https://www.google.com/search?q=star...ient=firefox-a

https://www.google.com/search?q=tebo...w=1600&bih=728

Again. Childlike mentality. You know the stuff of 12 year old boys.
    Kind of like personally attacking posters by calling them “Tommy Boy”

Again, I said it in lieu of the "Tebow time" that was all over the media. Completely in a different light then a sexually derived twist that you used. Get it? One is totally benign the other is used as a childlike insult. Do you understand now Tommy or do we need to bring out flashcards?

Tebowed was referring to the act of being beat by Tebow as in it's Tebow time they were saying all last year when Denver started winning. How can you not understand these things?
    It wasn’t said to be insulting. It was said to refer to those people who adore or are huge fans of Tebow. I get that yours was different in nature, but perhaps you should use those flash cards to keep track of what you and Tebow said.

Tebow said he trademarked “Tebowing” to just control how it’s used & make sure it’s used in the right way in regards to his habit of praying.

Your words, “It's his religious belief and personal ceremonial thing, not a stupid end zone dance or calf roping to celebrate a sack or personal achievement. Apples and oranges.”

Using the word “Tebowed” in the context “We got Tebowed” may or may not be sexual in nature, depending on interpretation, but you did use it in the context of a personal achievement by Tebow & certainly not in the context of a religious thing. It wasn’t used “in the right way” that Tebow had intended.
    By the way, still waiting for you to provide evidence of Tebow bragging himself up....Waiting, patiently waiting. Cause after all you said "especially someone who thinks they are something and are not" or more less along those lines.

I'll be waiting for that .....

Also way to not address all of the points I made. When you're wrong it's best to just man up and move on
    Again, I never said he publicly bragged himself up. That was made clear in my last post. There are people who listen to him who get the impression that he believes he thinks he’s better than he actually is. Do you ever listen to him talk outside his charities or the one program you watched on him?

Like the author wrote in the article.

Tim Tebow removed his shirt and jogged off the field. And once the media uploaded the video to the internet, the ensuing commotion was as expected.
    In an interview with the New York Post, Tebow says he "truly didn't think it was going to be such a big deal," which is either adoringly innocent, or feigned ignorance. Take your pick.
    C’mon Tim, you knew exactly what you were doing & why you did it.

Of course, there are going to be people who believe that he did that to get media attention & then there are going to be those who believe what Tim wants you to believe & it was adoringly innocent.

I’m guessing you believe this is innocent as well & wasn’t done for any kind of attention….

tim Tebow's 'Sexy Jesus' Pose For GQ Gets Controversial
    Tim Tebow's 'Sexy Jesus' Pose For GQ Gets Controversial (PHOTOS, VIDEO)
    More charity work perhaps?

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Kind of like personally attacking posters by calling them “Tommy Boy”
    It is actually a complement of sorts. One of the funniest movies ever with one of the most likeable goof balls ever.

Well to be honest with you Singer, this argument is really starting to bore me. I could really care less either way. I think he isn't a media whore you do. I think he has good intentions but you don't. I could be very wrong about this guy and you could be absolutely right, either way I could really care less anymore. I would rather post about Vikings ills as of late.

I was out of line for calling you Tommy Boy as it was sort of a personal attack that was in good spirits but shouldn't of never been said. No ill will intended but maybe came off that way. Either way I will admit I was in the wrong. I apologize.

Cheers.

Axe.
    I bet you could use a cool one huh Clark...Now you're talkin Eddie...

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion
    You guys are too funny. You can see our season is going to hell when you have time to post small essays on a Jets second string QB.

WWBGD

Quote Originally Posted by RK. View Post
    You guys are too funny. You can see our season is going to hell when you have time to post small essays on a Jets second string QB.
    You aint a kidding. Sad really. The only thing I have to root for the rest of the season is whoever knocks the tards out of the playoffs. I live vicariously through other teams.
    I bet you could use a cool one huh Clark...Now you're talkin Eddie...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12