Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Tebow Wins Approval for ‘Tebowing’ Trademark

Tebow Wins Approval for ‘Tebowing’ Trademark

Tebow Wins Approval for

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Can't this diva go away? What an attention whore!

You're hate for this guy is staggering. So what, how does it hurt you?

Do you have any idea how much this guy does for his foundation and other charities? Way more than you or I could ever dream of. Let me guess his plugging his charities to help kids is being a media whore also?

Sorry man but you come off as a bitter, angry person. Chill out a little, the guy might actually be trying to do some good in the world.

Peace.
    I bet you could use a cool one huh Clark...Now you're talkin Eddie...

Quote Originally Posted by battleaxe4cheese View Post
    You're hate for this guy is staggering. So what, how does it hurt you?

Do you have any idea how much this guy does for his foundation and other charities? Way more than you or I could ever dream of. Let me guess his plugging his charities to help kids is being a media whore also?

Sorry man but you come off as a bitter, angry person. Chill out a little, the guy might actually be trying to do some good in the world.

Peace.
    First off, I don't hate the guy, so let's make that clear. I'm not a big fan of diva's, attention whore's or primadonnas, especially those who think there something they're not.

Secondly, his charities off the field has nothing to do with the topic & it wasn't mentioned once in the article, but thanx for derailing it into it being about charity. Most athletes have charities they give to, some do a lot for them.

Lance Armstrong was such a guy, but it didn't change the fact that he cheated in races & won, cheating someone else out of the medals they deserved.

There was several years of bitter, degrading comments about our own QB, but I didn't see you get up on your soapbox & accuse a single one of the dozens of fans who did so of being bitter & angry & they should stop because of what he did for his charities.

Michael Vick, when he was still beating puppies to death, had charities he gave to. Where were you then?

T.O. gave to charities too & unlike Tebow was a great player, but he was still an attention whore & a lot of fans didn't like that about him.

Tebow, IMO is an attention whore & is not a great player but simply an athletic & popular one. Do you see players like JA going out & trademarking his signature "roping of the calf" move? Is there any NFL player in the history of the game that you can think of that put a trademark on their signature moves?

The whole marching on to the field with his shirt off was all about getting attention & being talked about. He knew exactly what he was doing, especially with female reporters there.

IMO, he's been trying to gain popularity & increase his fan base in hopes that teams would cave into the fan pressure & put him on the field more or install him as the starting QB to appease the fans even though he isn't that good. IMO, It's a distraction to the team & disruption in the locker room. Denver saw the whole media circus coming & quickly & smartly got him out of Denver. Now it's in NY & more than likely affecting Sanchez's game.

You might have a "Tebowner" ( I should Trademark that one) for him along with his other adoring fans, but that doesn't mean we all have to & it certainly doesn't mean we hate him if we don't. His charities off the field are totally separate & irrelevant to the topic. I applaud him & other players who give to charities, but my opinion of the player/person removed from those charities may differ.

Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    First off, I don't hate the guy, so let's make that clear. I'm not a big fan of diva's, attention whore's or primadonnas, especially those who think there something they're not.

Secondly, his charities off the field has nothing to do with the topic & it wasn't mentioned once in the article, but thanx for derailing it into it being about charity. Most athletes have charities they give to, some do a lot for them.

Lance Armstrong was such a guy, but it didn't change the fact that he cheated in races & won, cheating someone else out of the medals they deserved.

There was several years of bitter, degrading comments about our own QB, but I didn't see you get up on your soapbox & accuse a single one of the dozens of fans who did so of being bitter & angry & they should stop because of what he did for his charities.

Michael Vick, when he was still beating puppies to death, had charities he gave to. Where were you then?

T.O. gave to charities too & unlike Tebow was a great player, but he was still an attention whore & a lot of fans didn't like that about him.

Tebow, IMO is an attention whore & is not a great player but simply an athletic & popular one. Do you see players like JA going out & trademarking his signature "roping of the calf" move? Is there any NFL player in the history of the game that you can think of that put a trademark on their signature moves?

The whole marching on to the field with his shirt off was all about getting attention & being talked about. He knew exactly what he was doing, especially with female reporters there.

IMO, he's been trying to gain popularity & increase his fan base in hopes that teams would cave into the fan pressure & put him on the field more or install him as the starting QB to appease the fans even though he isn't that good. IMO, It's a distraction to the team & disruption in the locker room. Denver saw the whole media circus coming & quickly & smartly got him out of Denver. Now it's in NY & more than likely affecting Sanchez's game.

You might have a "Tebowner" ( I should Trademark that one) for him along with his other adoring fans, but that doesn't mean we all have to & it certainly doesn't mean we hate him if we don't. His charities off the field are totally separate & irrelevant to the topic. I applaud him & other players who give to charities, but my opinion of the player/person removed from those charities may differ.

1. Em...I have never heard the guy say anything about how good he is or he should be starting over xy or z. I have never heard the guy brag himself up even once. I'm not saying he hasn't but I have never seen a clip or heard a soundbite of him doing so...Have you? I would like to see or hear that as you must have witnessed it so why don't you kindly post that for me...

2. Once again you fail to read and comprehend. He stated he trade marked it because he didn't want it to be used in a derogatory or negative way. His words not mine. Paraphrased of course.
    For example, you eluded to one might be a "Tebowner" an obvious childlike play on the very thing he wanted to trademark to keep sacred for his own reasons/ charities.
    "Tebowner"...are you like twelve? You just proved my point perfectly and Tebows trademark.

3. Lance Armstrong? What the? You're all over the map. I know you want somehow tie this in with sports figures who are cheats/criminals.... who have charities. The only part I can't figure out is how Tebow has cheated at anything? Once again I will wait patiently for the article or facts to back up how Tebow could be or is a cheat...

4. Vick? Are you serious? Have you read anything I posted about Vick? Are you for real? Do just auto sling verbal dung to the wall and hope it sticks? Let me spell it out for you so you can understand. First of all, most charities are started by players to act as a tax shelter/ write off. Is that their only motive, I doubt it but I would not know for sure. Case by case basis. Secondly, Tebow was involved with different charities in middle school before he even had a name, money or any notoriety. I can't speak for you, but I wasn't thinking about something like that in middle school. The reason I know this is espn did a special on Tebow about him and the lead up to the draft. Vick? Huh? Stay focused if possible.

5. T.O. great player? Ok I will give you that. So, you are making a blatant comparison between the career of T.O. and a guy who's been in the league two years? Yikes. You keep getting better and better. Hey, while your at it, why not compare Christian Ponder with Joe Montana? Same sample size...LOL
    Wow, you are making this too easy and fun!

6. Again, read the article a few more times and that will tell you why he is doing the trademark.
    (Example...."Tebowner")
    It's his religious belief and personal ceremonial thing, not a stupid end zone dance or calf roping to celebrate a sack or personal achievement. Apples and oranges. Read again, and again.
    "Signature move" so thanking God and asking for his help is a signature move? No, once again apples and oranges. There is a difference between celebratory ritual and religious ceremony. One promotes ones self the other promotes a higher authority other than yourself...Do you see the difference now? About the whole shirt off deal, I never saw it or even heard of it until you brought it up so I will take your word for it. So how many games has he done that? How about the Manning brothers/ Clay Mathews / Rodgers who are on every other tv commercial out there? Media whores! Divas! Charlatans ! So what is your criteria for a media whore? Is it the methods or the medium at which they use? Is it tv/radio time? If so how much radio/tv time is considered excessive and thus should be deemed a "media whore" ? I am curious to hear what your criteria is...this should be good.

7. I forgot to address your "several years of degrading comments about our QB" statement. Em. Which qb are you talking? We've had like thirty of them lately? You must be more clear in your statements so people know what the heck your talking about and thus are able to agree with or dispute your ambiguous statements.

8. Denver saw the circus coming? So based on your theory then, Denver had no idea who Tebow was or what he was about or what could possibly come with drafting him? Are you for real? So basically Josh McDaniels and Elway are a couple of the biggest morons to ever walk the face of the earth? Is that what you are trying to sell me? Lol

Oh my...the best part of that was the second part of your paragraph. Sanchez' play is affected by the Tebow contrived media circus? Are you serious? You gotta be joking with me now cause that would be the most ludicrous thing I have ever read on this forum if you weren't joking. That is simply juicy. So based on your theory (loosely contrived), who was responsible for Sanchez losing focus and eating hotdogs on the sidelines? How about when Sanchez would get hot and then look like garbage? How about Sanchez' play last year or the year before?
    Based on your theory then, Tebow is most likely responsible for loss of focus for others on the team also and not just Sanchez. Hell, he is most likely responsible for Darrelle Revis losing focus and getting hurt because of it. Probably countless other injuries and cramps to boot.
    That is simply a stunning revelation. In fact, you are probably on to something and if I were you I would start a thorough investigation. You could blow this whole thing up nationally! Em...oh wait you might not want to...it would make more of a Tebow contrived media circus which would create more of a distraction for the team and Sanchez...and then....etc.etc.

It could turn into complete pandemonium, next thing you know Sanchez will be GRILLING hotdogs and burgers on the sidelines. All because of Tebow. You know I am sure he had secret meetings with espn to cover Jets training camp 24/7. I'm sure of it. You should investigate that angle also. Could be juicy nuggets waiting for you. I am also sure Tebow has a harem of reporters he calls up and tells them to cover this or that and they do without question. I can' t prove it, but I'm sure you could if you put your mind to it.

I agree he sucks as a qb or is very limited in his skill set. I believe Elway saw little upside and decided to cut his losses. Could be a smart move, time will tell.

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion
    I agree he sucks as a qb or is very limited in his skill set. I believe Elway saw little upside and decided to cut his losses. Could be a smart move, time will tell.
    +1

1. Em...I have never heard the guy say anything about how good he is or he should be starting over xy or z. I have never heard the guy brag himself up even once. I'm not saying he hasn't but I have never seen a clip or heard a soundbite of him doing so...Have you? I would like to see or hear that as you must have witnessed it so why don't you kindly post that for me...

2. Once again you fail to read and comprehend. He stated he trade marked it because he didn't want it to be used in a derogatory or negative way. His words not mine. Paraphrased of course.
    For example, you eluded to one might be a "Tebowner" an obvious childlike play on the very thing he wanted to trademark to keep sacred for his own reasons/ charities.
    "Tebowner"...are you like twelve? You just proved my point perfectly and Tebows trademark.

3. Lance Armstrong? What the? You're all over the map. I know you want somehow tie this in with sports figures who are cheats/criminals.... who have charities. The only part I can't figure out is how Tebow has cheated at anything? Once again I will wait patiently for the article or facts to back up how Tebow could be or is a cheat...

4. Vick? Are you serious? Have you read anything I posted about Vick? Are you for real? Do just auto sling verbal dung to the wall and hope it sticks? Let me spell it out for you so you can understand. First of all, most charities are started by players to act as a tax shelter/ write off. Is that their only motive, I doubt it but I would not know for sure. Case by case basis. Secondly, Tebow was involved with different charities in middle school before he even had a name, money or any notoriety. I can't speak for you, but I wasn't thinking about something like that in middle school. The reason I know this is espn did a special on Tebow about him and the lead up to the draft. Vick? Huh? Stay focused if possible.

5. T.O. great player? Ok I will give you that. So, you are making a blatant comparison between the career of T.O. and a guy who's been in the league two years? Yikes. You keep getting better and better. Hey, while your at it, why not compare Christian Ponder with Joe Montana? Same sample size...LOL
    Wow, you are making this too easy and fun!

6. Again, read the article a few more times and that will tell you why he is doing the trademark.
    (Example...."Tebowner")
    It's his religious belief and personal ceremonial thing, not a stupid end zone dance or calf roping to celebrate a sack or personal achievement. Apples and oranges. Read again, and again.
    "Signature move" so thanking God and asking for his help is a signature move? No, once again apples and oranges. There is a difference between celebratory ritual and religious ceremony. One promotes ones self the other promotes a higher authority other than yourself...Do you see the difference now? About the whole shirt off deal, I never saw it or even heard of it until you brought it up so I will take your word for it. So how many games has he done that? How about the Manning brothers/ Clay Mathews / Rodgers who are on every other tv commercial out there? Media whores! Divas! Charlatans ! So what is your criteria for a media whore? Is it the methods or the medium at which they use? Is it tv/radio time? If so how much radio/tv time is considered excessive and thus should be deemed a "media whore" ? I am curious to hear what your criteria is...this should be good.

7. I forgot to address your "several years of degrading comments about our QB" statement. Em. Which qb are you talking? We've had like thirty of them lately? You must be more clear in your statements so people know what the heck your talking about and thus are able to agree with or dispute your ambiguous statements.

8. Denver saw the circus coming? So based on your theory then, Denver had no idea who Tebow was or what he was about or what could possibly come with drafting him? Are you for real? So basically Josh McDaniels and Elway are a couple of the biggest morons to ever walk the face of the earth? Is that what you are trying to sell me? Lol

Oh my...the best part of that was the second part of your paragraph. Sanchez' play is affected by the Tebow contrived media circus? Are you serious? You gotta be joking with me now cause that would be the most ludicrous thing I have ever read on this forum if you weren't joking. That is simply juicy. So based on your theory (loosely contrived), who was responsible for Sanchez losing focus and eating hotdogs on the sidelines? How about when Sanchez would get hot and then look like garbage? How about Sanchez' play last year or the year before?

(Snipped to meet maximum allowable text requirements)

Look, you don't have to brag yourself up & be self promoting to be considered a media whore You simply need to do things that gets the medias attention locked on you so you'll be talked about & be in the spotlight again on news & sports talk shows. Making television commercials isn't what I'm talking about. Those don't get you to be a hot topic on news & talk show

Favre was a master at it. Hell, he could keep himself in the spotlight by staying mum & not answering questions as to retirement/comeback. If you believe only athletes with inflated egos who brag about themselves are the only athletes that can be considered "attention whores" then I won't be able to prove my point.

If you missed my point on the athlete/charity comparison, read, re-read again. It's not about some sort of criminal tie-in, it's about athletes who are not liked by some fans for whatever reason, who give to charities. Your claim is we shouldn't dislike them because of all they do for charities & they might be "trying to do some good in this world."

I'm sure there are some players out there you don't like that you've bashed on. Did you think to refrain from doing so because of how much the guy does for his charities? Do you chill out on not speaking your mind about a player because the guy might actually be trying to do some good in the world through those charities? That's what you're telling me to do.

If you believe his prayer is for religious ceremony, which promotes a higher authority other than himself, do you believe he should be able to trademark prayer? BTW, it is a signature move. It's a move that he does whether it's ritual or religious in nature, that's unique to him. If you don't believe it's a signature move & still think it's purely "thanking God and asking for his help" then you're trying to tell me "thanking God and asking for his help" is Trademarketable & should be known as Tebowing. Try selling that at a Catholic church

As far as what QB I'm talking about who was bashed for years here on PP.O, it's blatantly obvious it was Jackson. To pretend it was an ambiguous statement & no one, including yourself didn't know who I was referring to is ridiculous.

Yes I'm for real about the circus in Denver. Again, re-read. This has nothing to do with Denver drafting him at all. News flash, Tebow was already on the team. I'm referring to the media circus Elway saw coming by having Manning as his starting QB & Tebow (last years starter) as the back up QB & the QB controversy that would have went with it & is now in NY. No, I'm not trying to tell you Elway & McDaniels are morons, again, re-read. I'm telling you that they are wise & smartly made a trade to get Tebow out of Denver to avoid the controversy. You disagree with that so are you trying to tell me that McDaniels and Elway are morons for not keeping him in Denver?

As far as the distraction/disruption Tebow presence in NY has caused & what effects it has on Sanchez's game, those aren't solely my thoughts. Try tuning into a sports talk show on TV or radio once in a while after a weekends game. Several people that have talked about it have said how it can affect him mentally. Some of them are past players & coaches who know what goes on behind the scenes more than you or I do. There's a QB controversy in NY virtually every week & when Sanchez has a great game it switches to how Tebow should have been used or used differently in the game.

Incidentally, trademarking "Tebowing" doesn't protect any other play on his name only the word "Tebowing" & who can use it. Tebowner is a completely different word that Tebowing & doesn't violate any part of a trademark.

I find it amusing that you thought it was a childlike play on the very thing he wanted to trademark to keep sacred considering they are two different words.

If you believe that, then "Tebowed" should fall under the same category, should it not?

Wow, that was fun. We got Tebowed
    Isn't that an obvious childlike play on the very thing he wanted to trademark to keep sacred for his own reasons charities? Are you like twelve also? You just disproved your own point perfectly and Tebows trademark.

BTW, here's a couple of links to the video you missed.....

VIDEO: Tim Tebow Running Shirtless In The Rain - Business Insider

Tim Tebow Running Shirtless at Jets Training Camp - YouTube
    Last edited by singersp; 10-27-2012 at 08:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    Look, you don't have to brag yourself up & be self promoting to be considered a media whore You simply need to do things that gets the medias attention locked on you so you'll be talked about & be in the spotlight again on news & sports talk shows. Making television commercials isn't what I'm talking about. Those don't get you to be a hot topic on news & talk show

Maybe you should read what you initially posted. "especially those who think they're something and they're not" . Apparently you don't know which way to go and you try to have it both ways. Either way you look silly and desperate. You are contradiction machine...Sorry man, just providing you with your own words. Make a decision and stick with it, or run for politics.

Favre was a master at it. Hell, he could keep himself in the spotlight by staying mum & not answering questions as to retirement/comeback. If you believe only athletes with inflated egos who brag about themselves are the only athletes that can be considered "attention whores" then I won't be able to prove my point.

If you missed my point on the athlete/charity comparison, read, re-read again. It's not about some sort of criminal tie-in, it's about athletes who are not liked by some fans for whatever reason, who give to charities. Your claim is we shouldn't dislike them because of all they do for charities & they might be "trying to do some good in this world."

Again, did you even read my post? Reading comprehension appears to be a big issue with you so here it is again. Please read carefully. (multiple times if necessary)

I'm sure there are some players out there you don't like that you've bashed on. Did you think to refrain from doing so because of how much the guy does for his charities? Do you chill out on not speaking your mind about a player because the guy might actually be trying to do some good in the world through those charities? That's what you're telling me to do.

Note: Nothing says desperate like a huge helping of hypothetical. Are you for real? You need to stick to facts my friend which are like unicorns in your posts.

If you believe his prayer is for religious ceremony, which promotes a higher authority other than himself, do you believe he should be able to trademark prayer? BTW, it is a signature move. It's a move that he does whether it's ritual or religious in nature, that's unique to him. If you don't believe it's a signature move & still think it's purely "thanking God and asking for his help" then you're trying to tell me "thanking God and asking for his help" is Trademarketable & should be known as Tebowing. Try selling that at a Catholic church

What the? It's not what I believe it's his own words. Wow. He has stated that multiple times. What I believe? Wow. You are something else. Trademark prayer? Huh? Yikes. This is like having a debate with Tommy Boy. Focus Tommy. It's NOT what I believe. He said it himself. I am simply telling you what he said. Ask him.

As far as what QB I'm talking about who was bashed for years here on PP.O, To pretend it wit's blatantly obvious it was Jackson.as an ambiguous statement & no one, including yourself didn't know who I was referring to is ridiculous.

Em, he was on and off the pine multiple times. And yes by definition you never mentioned who you were talking about so yes you were ambiguous. Look it up in the dictionary Tommy. How many QB's have we had around here in the last ten years?

Yes I'm for real about the circus in Denver. Again, re-read. This has nothing to do with Denver drafting him at all. News flash, Tebow was already on the team. I'm referring to the media circus Elway saw coming by having Manning as his starting QB & Tebow (last years starter) as the back up QB & the QB controversy that would have went with it & is now in NY. No, I'm not trying to tell you Elway & McDaniels are morons, again, re-read. I'm telling you that they are wise & smartly made a trade to get Tebow out of Denver to avoid the controversy. You disagree with that so are you trying to tell me that McDaniels and Elway are morons for not keeping him in Denver?

Wow. You can't make this stuff up. Again. I have to spell it out caveman for you....here goes. I was making the point his strong religious beliefs were well known well before he even entered the draft. How can you not possibly understand this? It is beyond amazing to me. They new who and what they were drafting and they drafted him anyway. That is and was the point I was making Tommy. Granted they didn't know to what degree the circus would become but there wouldn't of been one if there wasn't crappy qb play to give Tebow a chance to take over. Also since they started winning games, they kept playing him which only added to the mystique and so called circus. Who's fault was it that they kept playing him? Fox? Elway?

As far as the distraction/disruption Tebow presence in NY has caused & what effects it has on Sanchez's game, those aren't solely my thoughts. Try tuning into a sports talk show on TV or radio once in a while after a weekends game. Several people that have talked about it have said how it can affect him mentally. Some of them are past players & coaches who know what goes on behind the scenes more than you or I do. There's a QB controversy in NY virtually every week & when Sanchez has a great game it switches to how Tebow should have been used or used differently in the game.

Oh my. Wow. Just when you can't get any more absurd. Several people who have talked about it? Are you for real?
    You mean this Sanchez is so mentally weak and fragile that he's affected by one of the worst qb's who has ever been drafted? Are you serious? Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! Are you serious?
    So what is he going to do when they draft a legit starter qb in the future? Cry? Need counseling? Man you are your own worst enemy Tommy. Keep em coming your making this SO easy....

Incidentally, trademarking "Tebowing" doesn't protect any other play on his name only the word "Tebowing" & who can use it. Tebowner is a completely different word that Tebowing & doesn't violate any part of a trademark.

Again. Childlike mentality. You know the stuff of 12 year old boys.

I find it amusing that you thought it was a childlike play on the very thing he wanted to trademark to keep sacred considering they are two different words.

I find it amusing that a grown man would be using that term. Again it's something a twelve year old would say. Tommy.

If you believe that, then "Tebowed" should fall under the same category, should it not?

Again, I said it in lieu of the "Tebow time" that was all over the media. Completely in a different light then a sexually derived twist that you used. Get it? One is totally benign the other is used as a childlike insult. Do you understand now Tommy or do we need to bring out flashcards?

Isn't that an obvious childlike play on the very thing he wanted to trademark to keep sacred for his own reasons charities? Are you like twelve also? You just disproved your own point perfectly and Tebows trademark.

BTW, here's a couple of links to the video you missed.....

VIDEO: Tim Tebow Running Shirtless In The Rain - Business Insider

Tim Tebow Running Shirtless at Jets Training Camp - YouTube

What? Tebowed was referring to the act of being beat by Tebow as in it's Tebow time they were saying all last year when Devnver started winning. How can you not understand these things?
    By the way, still waiting for you to provide evidence of Tebow bragging himself up....Waiting, patiently waiting. Cause after all you said "especially someone who thinks they are something and are not" or more less along those lines.

I'll be waiting for that .....

Also way to not address all of the points I made. When you're wrong it's best to just man up and move on.
    Last edited by battleaxe4cheese; 10-29-2012 at 05:47 PM.

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Seems pointless trademarking a move that you can't use when your butt is on the bench for most of a Sunday afternoon.

Course he could trademark the 'overhyped QB sitting on the bench' position ....... oops sorry forgot that has already been registered by Tarvaris Jackson
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

in unrelated news.......Tebow spotted in Jax today.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast