Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Tebow to #3 behind Quinn on the Depth Charts?

Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1104099
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1104096
    Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1104094
    soo... that is different than what I was saying in what way? Short is often our first read, progressing deeper as the play develops.

Again, they won't often call a deep route as a primary receiver unless they a) need the yards or b) are trying to catch the D off guard. In order to cash in, the deep guy needs to be open, and make the catch. If he's covered, that's where the dumpoffs come in handy.

You pointed to Rogers getting hurt because he runs the WCO, Rodgers wasn't hurt int he pocket or behind the LOS, he was running for positive yards, a characteristic of playing football, not the WCO. QB's with speed in any scheme take off, it's not just a WCO thing.

Relating Rodgers to it, which isn't the case. Yes, he runs the WCO. was he hurt executing a play unique to the WCO? No.
    Assumption is they a) have a deep route called which isn't always the case and b)a deep router reciever is on the field. Again, this isn't always the case.
    You know what happens when you assume right?
    I think if you watch this year, you will see alot of times were they have 2 TE's along with a Z and a Y with no deep route run at all.

As to Rodgers, go back, watch the tape.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-Y6t8KG8Aw

he's 18 yards downfield, and once he avoided the first rusher, he had room to throw. He chose to run. Not going to fault him for that, as it got a big gain, but I'd hardly call it running for his life.

hell, looks alot similar to the protection on this particular play:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-gY3OrHFPg
    So you think Aarons first read was run? Look at it again. 5 step drop, guy wasn't open, he ran. Part of the scheme.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1104102
    Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1104099
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1104096
    Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1104094
    soo... that is different than what I was saying in what way? Short is often our first read, progressing deeper as the play develops.

Again, they won't often call a deep route as a primary receiver unless they a) need the yards or b) are trying to catch the D off guard. In order to cash in, the deep guy needs to be open, and make the catch. If he's covered, that's where the dumpoffs come in handy.

You pointed to Rogers getting hurt because he runs the WCO, Rodgers wasn't hurt int he pocket or behind the LOS, he was running for positive yards, a characteristic of playing football, not the WCO. QB's with speed in any scheme take off, it's not just a WCO thing.

Relating Rodgers to it, which isn't the case. Yes, he runs the WCO. was he hurt executing a play unique to the WCO? No.
    Assumption is they a) have a deep route called which isn't always the case and b)a deep router reciever is on the field. Again, this isn't always the case.
    You know what happens when you assume right?
    I think if you watch this year, you will see alot of times were they have 2 TE's along with a Z and a Y with no deep route run at all.

As to Rodgers, go back, watch the tape.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-Y6t8KG8Aw

he's 18 yards downfield, and once he avoided the first rusher, he had room to throw. He chose to run. Not going to fault him for that, as it got a big gain, but I'd hardly call it running for his life.

hell, looks alot similar to the protection on this particular play:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-gY3OrHFPg
    So you think Aarons first read was run? Look at it again. 5 step drop, guy wasn't open, he ran. Part of the scheme.
    Where the heck did you get that from?! That was quite evidently a pass play. PLay action, looks right, left, sees pressure, steps up, sees a hole and runs. Could he have held on and completed a pass? I'm sure he could have, but he had the speed to make the first down, so why not?

if he slides, he doesn't get a concussion and we're not even having this discussion here.

Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1104104
    Where the heck did you get that from?! That was quite evidently a pass play. PLay action, looks right, left, sees pressure, steps up, sees a hole and runs. Could he have held on and completed a pass? I'm sure he could have, but he had the speed to make the first down, so why not?

if he slides, he doesn't get a concussion and we're not even having this discussion here.
    Re-read what I typed.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1104111

Re-read what I typed.
    no, you can tell me.

What did I say to give you this idea? "So you think Aarons first read was run?"

Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1104115

Re-read what I typed.
    no, you can tell me.

Again, Re-read what I typed. I did not say his first read was run. I questioned if you did.

WOW.
    So you think Aarons first read was run? Look at it again. 5 step drop, guy wasn't open, he ran.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1104119

Re-read what I typed.
    no, you can tell me.

Again, Re-read what I typed. I did not say his first read was run. I questioned if you did.

WOW.
    So you think Aarons first read was run? Look at it again. 5 step drop, guy wasn't open, he ran.
    jesus marty, that's exactly what I'm asking

Where the hell did you get the idea that "I" thought his first read was run. It obviously wasn't.

re-read what I typed.

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1104121

Re-read what I typed.
    no, you can tell me.

WOW.

Where the hell did you get the idea that "I" thought his first read was run. It obviously wasn't.

re-read what I typed.
    You two sound exactly like a couple that's been married for 30-40 years.
    :laugh:

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "BloodyHorns82" #1104135
    Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1104121

Re-read what I typed.
    no, you can tell me.

WOW.

re-read what I typed.
    You two sound exactly like a couple that's been married for 30-40 years.
    :laugh:
    Someone should make a PP.O reality show.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345